Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini News & chat about Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:52 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Stacy Reese

Question INBF

Can any one who is familiar with the INBF help me out with a question? What's the difference between their figure category and Ms. Fit body? I know they do some bb type poses so I'm thinking these physiques are slightly harder and leaner than figure but not like bodybuilding?
Old 03-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Sponsor of Siouxcountry - MichellesMagicMorsels.com
IFBB Pro - Michelle Brent

correct, go to www.inbf.com and there is a page on the poses they do and they also do it in shoes

Old 03-12-2011, 04:18 AM
INBF Fit Body competitor

Facebook: Terra Lynn

I did Ms. FitBody in fall of last year. Unlike Figure, there's no T-walk at the night show. Your suits are sparkly like figure and you wear clear heels like figure also. You are right about needing to be harder and leaner than figure but not as hard as bodybuilding

At both prejudging and the night show you do your quarter turns and some mandatory bodybuilding poses, which are modified because they're in heels obviously and supposed to be with feminine, open hands. You only do front double biceps, rear double biceps, side chest, front abdominal pose and side triceps. I considered it like halfway in between bodybuilding and figure.

I was considering doing both figure and fitbody and my posing coach said you can do both but you'll do better in one than the other. That being said, a lot of people do compete in both at the same show.

Also I took second at my fall show to a girl who competed in bodybuilding in spring and won her pro card in spring at bodybuilding and then came back in fall to try for her pro card in fitbody too. She took first place and was a total bodybuilder. She was in another league than the rest of us there for Fitbody!
Old 03-12-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Brent View Post
correct, go to www.inbf.com and there is a page on the poses they do and they also do it in shoes
Did it! Thank you
Old 03-12-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBody Lynn View Post
I did Ms. FitBody in fall of last year. Unlike Figure, there's no T-walk at the night show. Your suits are sparkly like figure and you wear clear heels like figure also. You are right about needing to be harder and leaner than figure but not as hard as bodybuilding

At both prejudging and the night show you do your quarter turns and some mandatory bodybuilding poses, which are modified because they're in heels obviously and supposed to be with feminine, open hands. You only do front double biceps, rear double biceps, side chest, front abdominal pose and side triceps. I considered it like halfway in between bodybuilding and figure.

I was considering doing both figure and fitbody and my posing coach said you can do both but you'll do better in one than the other. That being said, a lot of people do compete in both at the same show.

Also I took second at my fall show to a girl who competed in bodybuilding in spring and won her pro card in spring at bodybuilding and then came back in fall to try for her pro card in fitbody too. She took first place and was a total bodybuilder. She was in another league than the rest of us there for Fitbody!
Thanks for your input, Lynn. There's a show coming up in July and I'm thinking about doing it. I've never competed in INBF before so I was exploring the website and trying to see what it's all about. I love looking hard but I don't think the judges in the shows I've done before, care for that look. I hate looking soft but it seems like that's what's awarded. Anyway, thank you soooo much for the infor
Old 03-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Alma

I competed in the INBF last year and am prepping for a show with them in April. INBF will reward the leanest, hardest there- that is what they are looking for. Many competitors cross over into Figure and Fit Body in the same show.

They have a magazine in Barnes and Nobles, Natural Bodybuilding and Fitness. You can see what the competitors look like there...
Old 03-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Recovered Competitor - Julia

Facebook: Jewelofnile
Twitter: jewelofnile12

Stacy, PM me if you have other questions. I've been competing with the INBF for 4 years now and have done both in multiple shows. But wouldn't recommend continuing to do that. It should be one or the other. The gal that Lynn talks about before is actually more of a 'classic bodybuilder' and doesn't do very well when she competes against other true bodybuilders. She's actually done better in Fit Body than bodybuilding and that is why she came back for her pro card in fit body. It has a lot to do with who is on stage with you at the time as well. For example, the pro qualifying show here in WI for WNBF is held 2x a year. Once in the spring and once in the fall. THe fall show is MUCH smaller than the spring show usually is so it's easier to place higher. It seems to be even more subjective than the NPC shows are. I'd say it's my perception but you could ask the majority of other competitors in the area that have been doing this show for 4-5 years and they'd say the same thing. As long as there are a total of 5 competitors in a division, they award a pro card to the overall winner.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almapsy View Post
I competed in the INBF last year and am prepping for a show with them in April. INBF will reward the leanest, hardest there- that is what they are looking for. Many competitors cross over into Figure and Fit Body in the same show.

They have a magazine in Barnes and Nobles, Natural Bodybuilding and Fitness. You can see what the competitors look like there...
Which show are you doing?
Old 03-13-2011, 05:58 PM
INBF Fit Body competitor

JeweloftheNile,

Do I get to cheer you on again this spring at Ford's or Brenda's? If so, which are you doing? FitBody or Figure? I'm so looking forward to watching some shows. It's been a while.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:58 PM
NPC Bikini Competitor - Michele

I competed in the INBF for a few years. Like the previous posted said, they look for leanest and hardest. Just wanted to mention, be careful with their banned substance list. I can't even compete in that federation anymore because I'm on a low dosage of DHEA, (doctor ordered for adrenal fatigue) which is a banned substance. I was pretty pissed because the competitors that these policies are suppose to keep out of the federation have figured out how to get around the poly and urine tests. Meanwhile, those of us who need to take certain supplements for medical reasons are the ones that can't compete in the federation. A bit of a sore spot with me.

facebook
Old 03-14-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBody Lynn View Post
JeweloftheNile,

Do I get to cheer you on again this spring at Ford's or Brenda's? If so, which are you doing? FitBody or Figure? I'm so looking forward to watching some shows. It's been a while.
Hey Lynn!! How are you doing? Nope, no shows this spring...although I'm itching REALLY badly!!! After a very crazy last year I realized I needed more time off (wedding, death of father, honeymoon, and a new promotion to manager). Things have been crazy! So I'll be doing Ford's show in the fall and then an NPC show down in Rockford.

What about you? A group of us gals will be going to watch Ford's show (just the pre-judging). A few of them (to include my friend who won the short class at Ford's last spring show) will be doing the NPC in Middleton in early May and then an NPC up in the Fox valley. If you will be around, you should join us to watch Ford's on the 16th!!!

Cheers!
Julia
Old 03-14-2011, 01:49 PM
INBF Fit Body competitor

Julia,

You ARE so busy but at least you're having fun. Love the wedding pics, btw.

Competing for the first time was the highlight of my year; but standing next to Jennifer Rasmussen was embarrassing because she looked so amazing!! I've got some work to do before I put on a suit again. The bad part is that my non-gym friends didn't approve of my competing and this has affected my husband now too so I'm "laying low" for a while.

I will definitely be at the Fox Valley show and I'm trying to find out how many people I'll know in other shows to decided where to go. After all of the Arnold buzz, I can't wait to watch something. If I go to Ford's I'll look for you. Thanks for the offer!!
Old 03-14-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoftwins View Post
I competed in the INBF for a few years. Like the previous posted said, they look for leanest and hardest. Just wanted to mention, be careful with their banned substance list. I can't even compete in that federation anymore because I'm on a low dosage of DHEA, (doctor ordered for adrenal fatigue) which is a banned substance. I was pretty pissed because the competitors that these policies are suppose to keep out of the federation have figured out how to get around the poly and urine tests. Meanwhile, those of us who need to take certain supplements for medical reasons are the ones that can't compete in the federation. A bit of a sore spot with me.
Hmmm...that seems unfair!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:44 PM
NPC Bikini Competitor - Michele

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Lil Dynamo View Post
Hmmm...that seems unfair!
Yeah, I was pretty upset because I wanted to try and do the best body category this year, they have a show every year 15 mins from my house. I e-mailed Charlie Carollo (INBF Chairman), who runs most of the NJ/NY INBF shows and he said I couldn't

facebook
Old 03-14-2011, 07:17 PM
INBF Competitor - Michelle

Stacy which show are you doing in July? I'm doing an INBF comp then too. Just curious if we'd be at the same show.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:47 PM
NGA Pro - Sandy Wiedmeyer

Julia, I have a client competing at Fords...I will keep an eye out for ya

Old 03-15-2011, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelley View Post
Stacy which show are you doing in July? I'm doing an INBF comp then too. Just curious if we'd be at the same show.
Hey Michelle! I was thinking of doing the one in Macon. I see you live in Ga! Where? I'm in Lawrenceville
Old 03-15-2011, 02:04 AM

Ok, so here's another thing....I was planning on doing an NPC show the weekend BEFORE the INBF but if I come in lean for INBF, I probably won't do well in the NPC show. Hmmmm.......
Old 03-15-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Lil Dynamo View Post
Ok, so here's another thing....I was planning on doing an NPC show the weekend BEFORE the INBF but if I come in lean for INBF, I probably won't do well in the NPC show. Hmmmm.......
Stacy, I think you'd be fine. I actually have done fit body for INBF and then figure for the NPC 2 weeks after and I was perfect for figure for the NPC.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Diva View Post
Julia, I have a client competing at Fords...I will keep an eye out for ya
Hi Sandy! I'll look for you too!