Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Chat & Introduction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chat & Introduction We chat about everything, and anything. Stop on in and introduce yourself.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:14 PM
NPC Bikini Competitor - Nicole

Question Choosing Right Bikini Competition Organization

So I have been a big fan of working out and eating clean for years. I have recently hired a personal trainer who is helping me get to the next level. Problem is I don't know what that level is! I admire IFBB Bikini Pros Ali Rosen and Jaime Baird and that has been my goal. My trainer however, competes in OBC/IPFA and stated that I won't truly 'succeed' in NPC/IFBB buy without using an estrogen-blocker. I don't truly understand that statement because 1)thought estrogen-blockers are for men and 2)the women don't look overdone and unrealistic....
Old 05-11-2011, 07:55 PM
NPC Bikini Competitor - Staci

Im totally new to competing but to me your trainer sounds like an idiot. I never once used an estrogen blocker or was even told to. Perhaps you'd b better off finding a trainer who works with npc girls. There's lots to choose from online. I used Kim Oddo.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:02 PM
NPC Bikini Competitor - Staci

I wanted to mention that I found my whole prep to be healthy. I ate carbs and fat the whole time, was rarely crazy hungry, had lots of energy ect. Be carefull when choosing a trainer. There's lots of people claiming to be experts that don't know anything.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:09 PM
IFBB Pro - Amanda Quinlan

I agree with Staci!! I seriously doubt any bikini competitor uses or would ever need to use any sort of anti-estrogen. I can't imagine that as long as a woman is dieting, trainin, and doing the right cardio that she couldn't eventually step on stage being lean enough without drugs.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:34 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kayti

my coach would have a fit if I tried to tell her I wanted to take estrogen blockers. People like to run their mouths without anything to back it up. To succeed in the NPC you need to have:

1. Patience.
2. Drive
3. Heart.
4. Thick Skin.

but then I suppose that goes for any federation.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:36 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicki Wyona View Post
So I have been a big fan of working out and eating clean for years. I have recently hired a personal trainer who is helping me get to the next level. Problem is I don't know what that level is! I admire IFBB Bikini Pros Ali Rosen and Jaime Baird and that has been my goal. My trainer however, competes in OBC/IPFA and stated that I won't truly 'succeed' in NPC/IFBB buy without using an estrogen-blocker. I don't truly understand that statement because 1)thought estrogen-blockers are for men and 2)the women don't look overdone and unrealistic....
1.)Fire your trainer
2.)You may want to start with a trainer that is not really affiliated specifically with one fed or another, simply someone that can help create your best physique along the lines of the "look" of bikini (vs. figure or BBing). I enthusiastically recommend Erik at leanbodiesconsulting.com but do your research
3.) if you can, watch and then do a couple of smaller regional/local shows of various federations...the each are a different experience and that is the best way to determine what you prefer. On an amateur level, its not really looked down upon to do different feds, once you become a pro you are commited to that fed.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Photographer - Isaac Hinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitfox17 View Post
1.)Fire your trainer
cosign
Endorser of Team MuscleTech®
• Bodybuilding.com Photographer of the Year - 2007, 2008 & 2009.
HARDBODY.com
twitter.com/hardbodynews
twitter.com/liftstudios
LIFTstudios on Model Mayhem

Old 05-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Photographer - Tre Scott

Facebook: femflex
Twitter: femflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytikat View Post
To succeed in the NPC you need to have:

1. Patience.
2. Drive
3. Heart.
4. Thick Skin.

but then I suppose that goes for any federation.
None of those 4 amounts to anything in any federation without $$$.

Quote:
Our society is largely clueless when it comes to hormone regulation and manipulation. I'm not saying that everyone needs to be more educated on the subject, but I am saying that people should attempt to educate themselves before speaking as an authority on a given topic.

Despite what bodybuilders, fitness competitors, and figure chicks use, you are preparing for a BIKINI competition. If you want to enter an NPC bikini competition, not only is it your right to do so, but I can tell you to an absolute certainty that you're not going in at any competitive disadvantage whatsoever with respect to gear use. Because of the judging criteria, there's no real advantage to be gained from using an anti-E, except for those women whose natural levels were so far away from the norm that they needed something to help bring them into a slightly more normal range.

And beyond that, your trainer knows jack about your endocrine system. If your goals were to change in the future, you might not even need an estrogen blocker. Everyone's response to certain substances is different, so that guy or girl is talking out of their ass at this point.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:17 PM
IFBB Pro - Roxie Beckles

People who don't do well in the NPC/IFBB always have something negative to say. I swear I'm so sick of it. Girl fire your trainer, do your research about what federation works with your goals, and find someone POSITIVE to work with. Not everyone uses.

By the way, there is a lot of drug usage in the natural organizations as well. They just make sure to cycle off in time to clear testing.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:19 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kayti

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemFlex View Post
None of those 4 amounts to anything in any federation without $$$.

that's kind of a given isn't it? lol. Hobbies require funding. This hobby just happens to be a larger money pit than most.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:14 AM
IFBB Pro - Tammy Patnode

alot of girls use them including bikini. its hard to get lean in the bootay and some cant wo alittle help. not saying everyone does or even the majority. its unrealistic to think bikini is completely drug free. find a coach with your same goals and mindset. this one isnt it.

SPECIES SPONSORED ATHLETE
Old 05-12-2011, 11:08 AM
IFBB Pro - Shawn Hektor

Quote:
1.)Fire your trainer
x3
Saying that (what your trainer said ) is just dumb.
Any trainer or competitor will know that in order to compete and be successful you have to put the work into it. Some girls needs things others don't, but for a trainer to suggest that in order to be successful in one organization you HAVE to take X,Y, X...is just DUMB!
I'll agree that I know there are bikini girls that take all sorts of stuff... (usually that they don't have to and were give to them by their loving boyfriends to "help" them). But it is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM a requirement for Bikini in ANY organization!
Bust you butt. That's all. Some girls takes long then others... myself included in that list... but it just sounds like your trainer is pushing you to do one thing by telling you not to do another. So back to the original quote...
Fire them.

‎"Just because you get the puppy dog with the biggest feet doesn't mean he'll grow up to be the best hunting dog," -Nick Saban

Twitter: @ShawnCarla
Old 05-12-2011, 11:21 AM

Smile Thanks

I've decided to quit debating it and just go for it via NPC. For years those are the women I've admired. I also decided to set the goal of how I want to look and will choose the competition and organization that are in line with my goals. I'm searching for a new coach/trainer in the DC area that has experience with NPC Bikini as that's my dream body and I know I'm close to being ready to compete!
Old 05-12-2011, 11:23 AM
IFBB Pro - Shawn Hektor

I'm in NOVA... Gainesville, about 30 minutes from DC and there are a LOT of competitors and trainers around here... but I train with Mike Davies out of Ohio via internet. Look him up. He's done wonders for my physique.

‎"Just because you get the puppy dog with the biggest feet doesn't mean he'll grow up to be the best hunting dog," -Nick Saban

Twitter: @ShawnCarla
Old 05-12-2011, 02:47 PM
NPC Physique Competitor- Ila

Facebook: ila.reed

This is an interesting topic. Only in that I would say, some trainers that are more used to working with the natural orgs will ASSUME in order to be competitive in NPC it requires drug use. My old trainer was like that. She was SOOO biased towards NPC/IFBB she didn't even want me competing in it as she felt EVERYONE was on drugs. She felt if I started competing in NPC I would want to take stuff also. I'm no longer working with her, and while I realize some do them, there are alot that don't. I don't and WON"T so booyah

The bottom line, stick to YOUR beliefs and don't let ANY trainer talk you into something you DONT want to do, because there are those out there that will support your decision.

‎"If you don't have confidence, you'll always find a way not to win." ~Carl Lewis
Old 05-12-2011, 07:10 PM
CBBF Bikini Competitor - Lauren Fazio
AMAZEBALLS!

Twitter: LaurenFazio
Instagram: laurenlfazio

Quote:
Congratulations on making the decision to compete girl. It is a fascinating and amazing experience!

Quote:
1.)Fire your trainer
Yes, indeed fire your trainer.
You really should not be trained by a coach who is going to push you in the direction of one org or the other. Case in point - view the Infamous Email thread.

NO, you do not need an estrogen-blocker!! Jeeze!!!!

There is NO need to use any type of drug or fat burner when competing, let alone in bikini of all of the divisions. Just because the NPC is not tested, does not mean that all of us are loaded up on all kinds of "estrogen blockers" and such. It comes down to how hard you want to work, and if your coach knows what he/she is doing, how well they can manipulate your diet and training, and how your body responds to all of this. There are so many factors that come into play.

There are girls who I have known personally who take tons of different things and still dont place high, its not a guaranteed WIN or a guaranteed disadvantage to natural athletes.

That being said, personally I don't care either way whether girls take things or not. I myself am a natural athlete and choose not to take anything. I compete in the CBBF (sanctioned by the IFBB here in Canada) and I have done well in competitive, non-tested shows. Yes there are bikini girls who take things and likewise there are bodybuilders who DON'T take things. Welcome to the fitness industry! lol

Don't base your decision on WHERE to compete on whether or not you are thinking your competition will be on drugs. You will never truly know for sure if the girl beside you on stage is natural or not. There are so many other things to worry about when choosing a show - why bother worrying about that!!

I would however, strongly suggest finding a coach who will support you and your personal goals NO MATTER WHAT show you choose- natural or not. If you choose to stay natural, find a coach who knows how to train and diet natural athletes, and if you choose to take things again find a coach who knows how to train and diet for that.

Its all about you honey!! Find someone who is positive and works for YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxieroxie007 View Post
People who don't do well in the NPC/IFBB always have something negative to say. I swear I'm so sick of it. Girl fire your trainer, do your research about what federation works with your goals, and find someone POSITIVE to work with. Not everyone uses.

By the way, there is a lot of drug usage in the natural organizations as well. They just make sure to cycle off in time to clear testing.
THANK YOU ROXIE for saying this. Its a point many people either ignore or simply don't know.
------------------------

Good luck with your prep girl!!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 01:34 AM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kia

Quote:
I've decided to quit debating it and just go for it via NPC. For years those are the women I've admired. I also decided to set the goal of how I want to look and will choose the competition and organization that are in line with my goals. I'm searching for a new coach/trainer in the DC area that has experience with NPC Bikini as that's my dream body and I know I'm close to being ready to compete!
I'm in DC area too! I live in Arlington, work in Bethesda...but like Shawn my trainer is not local, but he's excellent. Do you prefer to have a trainer that you can see in person often? If you are looking for someone local, I can suggest someone, feel free to email me. Also, IFBB pro Jessica Jessie is in this area and she trains but I'm not sure if she does contest prep. She's Team Bombshell which means she would probably recommend Shannon, but again, that's not local.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:06 AM
NPC Bikini Competitor - Noelle

Facebook: Noelle.Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxieroxie007 View Post

X2

First off, you really need a new coach. stop wasting your money on someone who could be causing your body damage. good luck in your search for a new coach and fulfilling your dreams of competing!

Visit my SiouxCountry journal:Fit Is The New Sexy...Overcoming Obstacles in 2011
Old 05-13-2011, 02:22 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle Amber View Post
X2

First off, you really need a new coach. stop wasting your money on someone who could be causing your body damage. good luck in your search for a new coach and fulfilling your dreams of competing!
Thanks and you look fantastic!!!! Good luck to you!
Old 05-13-2011, 02:29 AM
NPC Bikini Competitor - Noelle

Facebook: Noelle.Amber

Quote:
Thanks and you look fantastic!!!! Good luck to you!
Thank you!

Visit my SiouxCountry journal:Fit Is The New Sexy...Overcoming Obstacles in 2011