Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini News & chat about Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:38 PM
NPC Physique Competitor - Crystal

Default Back stage Jr USA

I have never been to this show before, let alone competed in it Just wondering if anyone is allowed back stage with you? I know some shows let you bring some one back, some have them purchase a 'trainers pass' and some don't allow any non competitors back stage. Wondering if I have to hang out alone getting ready back stage or if hubby can come help me get ready. Thanks!
Old 05-15-2011, 09:51 PM
NPC Bodybuiler - Jill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfyre14 View Post
I have never been to this show before, let alone competed in it Just wondering if anyone is allowed back stage with you? I know some shows let you bring some one back, some have them purchase a 'trainers pass' and some don't allow any non competitors back stage. Wondering if I have to hang out alone getting ready back stage or if hubby can come help me get ready. Thanks!

You should be able to shoot the promoter an email about this. Generally they don't allow anyone else back stage - often there's zero extra room back stage for non-competitors anyway. Some will have a 'coach pass' that you have to pay for, and most have an outdoor / non-backstage area where you can meet w/ your support team if needed.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:26 AM
NPC Figure Competitor - Sabrina

I contacted Tres about this. The person you have backstage with you must purchase both a ticket & a backstage pass.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:33 AM
IFBB Pro - Tracy Bodner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brina View Post
I contacted Tres about this. The person you have backstage with you must purchase both a ticket & a backstage pass.
Thank you Sabrina. This is good to know.

♥ ☆ ♥*`*.♥ Dynamite Comes in Small Packages ♥.*`*♥ ☆ ♥

Old 05-16-2011, 11:45 AM
IFBB Pro - Shawn Hektor

I think this was covered in a previous thread...
But at shows, unless your husband is your trainer, I would suggest he doesn't come backstage with you.
A. It makes other girls a little sketched out when there are random dudes hanging out in the dressing area when everyone is randomly throwing articles of clothing and things around getting ready to go on stage.
B. Backstage is where you bond with the other competitors. You want to have the opportunity to really absorb the whole experience and if you're off in the corner with your husband, you won't have that option.
I have never allowed my husband backstage with me at shows he's been to. I get his help I need prior to show-time, then I go back and enjoy myself.
My trainer was backstage at one show and all he did was look me over and tell me to kick ass. There's not much else he can do at that point!
Just something to think about.

‎"Just because you get the puppy dog with the biggest feet doesn't mean he'll grow up to be the best hunting dog," -Nick Saban

Twitter: @ShawnCarla
Old 05-17-2011, 02:55 PM
NPC Physique Competitor - Crystal

Thanks for the info. My hubby is my only coach/trainer other than myself and I have had him backstage with me for many of my competitions. He is not only been very helpful to me but to many other competitors as well (male and female both). He is also a competitor (although not competing at the Jr USA's), so he understands much about the shows and getting ready. We are always respectful to him being around other women and ask before he goes anywhere that may make anyone uncomfortable.
Thanks again,