Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Chat & Introduction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chat & Introduction We chat about everything, and anything. Stop on in and introduce yourself.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-26-2011, 09:19 PM
FemFlex's Avatar
FemFlex FemFlex is offline
Photographer - Tre Scott
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ...get your ass sunshine elsewhere
Facebook: femflex
Twitter: femflex
Posts: 2,677
Default Newest Biggest Loser Trainer: Anna Kournikova

Looks like I may be tuning in to check out this bullshit show next season.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/24/bi...nna-kournikova
__________________
that little cootie bubble...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Siouxcountry's Avatar
Siouxcountry Siouxcountry is offline
Administrator
Jason
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA
Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry
Posts: 59,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemFlex View Post
Looks like I may be tuning in to check out this bullshit show next season.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/24/bi...nna-kournikova
Is she even a certified trainer?
__________________
Make me feel popular and follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on
Twitter!

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-26-2011, 11:49 PM
foxieroxie007 foxieroxie007 is offline
IFBB Pro - Roxie Beckles
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcountry View Post
Is she even a certified trainer?
My sentiments exactly....

I can't with this show...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-27-2011, 12:13 AM
TickledPink's Avatar
TickledPink TickledPink is offline
Erin
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,078
Default

I saw that too & thought it was weird. She's only popular because she's hot. If they wanted a tennis player, they should have went for Serena or Venus. They have way more athletic appeal than Anna.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-27-2011, 12:18 AM
foxieroxie007 foxieroxie007 is offline
IFBB Pro - Roxie Beckles
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,023
Default

True but even still with them... How about having someone who's actually worked with the experience of training medically obese clients who have a ton of issues when it comes to training. But then again that's not what the show is all about. Plus the ratings are likely dying, especially with crazy Jillian gone, soooooo... Spicing it up a bit at the cost of the participants health. Typical studio exec thinking lol.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-27-2011, 12:35 AM
TickledPink's Avatar
TickledPink TickledPink is offline
Erin
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,078
Default

I had no idea Jillian was gone. My husband is going to be heartbroken!! lol
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-27-2011, 06:50 PM
FemFlex's Avatar
FemFlex FemFlex is offline
Photographer - Tre Scott
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ...get your ass sunshine elsewhere
Facebook: femflex
Twitter: femflex
Posts: 2,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickledPink View Post
I had no idea Jillian was gone. My husband is going to be heartbroken!! lol
I don't watch the show, but I checked it out a few times years ago. But I wasn't ever a Jillian guy until I saw this video a couple years ago:

__________________
that little cootie bubble...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Siouxcountry's Avatar
Siouxcountry Siouxcountry is offline
Administrator
Jason
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA
Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry
Posts: 59,183
Default

I wonder how many of the contestants have kept the weight off after one year.
__________________
Make me feel popular and follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on
Twitter!

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-28-2011, 01:20 AM
Tglenn's Avatar
Tglenn Tglenn is offline
NPC Figure Competitor - Tymikia
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Milan, TN
Twitter: @TightNTone
Posts: 1,635
Default

This show makes my line of work EXTREMELY hard...They come to me saying I wanna lose 20lbs in a month REALLY??
__________________
STOP TELLING GOD HOW BIG YOUR STORM IS AND START TELLING YOUR STORM HOW BIG OUR GOD IS
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-28-2011, 02:50 AM
Mufasa's Avatar
Mufasa Mufasa is offline
Jim
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 393
Default

Definitely a "ratings play".

You've got to give it to Anna...throughout her career she's known how to "work what the Lord gave her...!"

Correct me if I've wrong...but it's been reported that during her playing days, she had the highest income of any tennis player on the circuit...and never won a tournament!

What can you say but:

"Hate the game, not the player...!"


Mufasa
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Iron Butterfly's Avatar
Iron Butterfly Iron Butterfly is offline
NPC Figure Competitor - Janis
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Laurence Harbor, NJ
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcountry View Post
I wonder how many of the contestants have kept the weight off after one year.
They do have a "where are they now" episode every season to show who has and who hasn't kept the weight off. Some have gained all the weight or most others it looked like 10-15lbs which was probably a healthier more maintainable weight for their bodies anyway.

IMO I can't see what Anna Kournikova can bring to the table as a replacement for Jillian. I've watched the show from the beginning and I am a huge fan. But I can't see myself tuning in for the whole season, maybe the first episode just out of curiosity. That being said, I find the contestants to be an inspiration to others in their same position. I'm even inspired by their hardwork. Goes to show you it's never too late to start living healthy. I just don't get how they never look like they are sore. Going from having never trained to extreme training you'd think @ the very least they'd show one person complaining of muscle soreness. They talk about how tough the workouts are but never of muscle soreness. Hinky, lol
__________________
****Lift Heavy......Keep Life Light****
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-28-2011, 01:10 PM
janelleg's Avatar
janelleg janelleg is offline
NPC Bodybuilder - Janelle Gallo
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lake Grove, NY
Posts: 967
Default

Helena, who is the casting director for The Biggest Loser show called my gym a asking for me. I was so surprised! This is no joke!They said that someone gave them my name. They said they were casting for a female trainer because Jillian Michaels was leaving the show. I immediately accepted. I sent them my bio, pics, credentials and a video of me training my male client hardcore. I called and sent e-mails to them and they never got back to me. I think it is purely political. The show had to say they casted for trainers but in the back of their minds, they knew who they were going to pick. I think it is a bunch of bull! Even though Anna is a great athlete, how do we know if she has the knowledge and experience to work with these clients. It is all just to boost their ratings. I lost respect for the show and won't watch it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Mufasa's Avatar
Mufasa Mufasa is offline
Jim
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 393
Default

Question if this is true where you guys live...

The casting calls are HUGE! (No pun intended!)

When "BL" came to town, there were literally hundreds of people who showed up, with a fair number being morbidly obese.

It was certainly a "wake-up" call to me of the reality of America's growing obesity problem.

Also; much like the "Anna" thing...I think that they often will look for real "story" or two in the contestants to increase ratings. Roulon Gardner (the Olympic Gold Medalist who eventually quit the show) was a case in point.


Mufasa
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Mufasa's Avatar
Mufasa Mufasa is offline
Jim
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 393
Default

By the way, Janelle...I think I watched part of the first season, and that was it for me too...

I don't know if it's still the case...but the yelling/screaming/Drill Sargent/"Motivation by Humiliation" was a huge turn-off to me.

Yes...sometimes people need a "kick-in-butt"...but "hit-it-then-quit-it"...

(But that's just me!)


Mufasa
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Siouxcountry's Avatar
Siouxcountry Siouxcountry is offline
Administrator
Jason
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA
Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry
Posts: 59,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Butterfly View Post
They do have a "where are they now" episode every season to show who has and who hasn't kept the weight off. Some have gained all the weight or most others it looked like 10-15lbs which was probably a healthier more maintainable weight for their bodies anyway.

IMO I can't see what Anna Kournikova can bring to the table as a replacement for Jillian. I've watched the show from the beginning and I am a huge fan. But I can't see myself tuning in for the whole season, maybe the first episode just out of curiosity. That being said, I find the contestants to be an inspiration to others in their same position. I'm even inspired by their hardwork. Goes to show you it's never too late to start living healthy. I just don't get how they never look like they are sore. Going from having never trained to extreme training you'd think @ the very least they'd show one person complaining of muscle soreness. They talk about how tough the workouts are but never of muscle soreness. Hinky, lol
Thanks! Do they weight train? I'll probably tune into see the first episode, as I have not seen the show before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelleg View Post
Helena, who is the casting director for The Biggest Loser show called my gym a asking for me. I was so surprised! This is no joke!They said that someone gave them my name. They said they were casting for a female trainer because Jillian Michaels was leaving the show. I immediately accepted. I sent them my bio, pics, credentials and a video of me training my male client hardcore. I called and sent e-mails to them and they never got back to me. I think it is purely political. The show had to say they casted for trainers but in the back of their minds, they knew who they were going to pick. I think it is a bunch of bull! Even though Anna is a great athlete, how do we know if she has the knowledge and experience to work with these clients. It is all just to boost their ratings. I lost respect for the show and won't watch it.
That sucks, that would have been great to see you on there.
__________________
Make me feel popular and follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on
Twitter!

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-28-2011, 06:43 PM
janelleg's Avatar
janelleg janelleg is offline
NPC Bodybuilder - Janelle Gallo
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lake Grove, NY
Posts: 967
Default

Mufasa- I agree. I don't yell and scream at my clients. If I did, I probably wouldn't have any clientele. The show gives people false hopes. I tell my clients all the time that it is unrealistic. The contestants train for 5 hours a day, have a trainer 24/7 and people all day long telling them what to eat.
Sioux-It would have been a great opportunity, but I am over it. I did lose respect for the show. It is purely political on how they want to boost their ratings. As so is all the shows on tv.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-29-2011, 02:44 AM
HDPhysiques-Joe's Avatar
HDPhysiques-Joe HDPhysiques-Joe is offline
Photographer/Videographer - Joe Bayer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcountry View Post
Is she even a certified trainer?
Does she have a bicep vein? If so, she's qualified.
__________________
Forum Savior
Wordsmith Extraordinaire
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-29-2011, 02:46 AM
HDPhysiques-Joe's Avatar
HDPhysiques-Joe HDPhysiques-Joe is offline
Photographer/Videographer - Joe Bayer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelleg View Post
The show had to say they casted for trainers but in the back of their minds, they knew who they were going to pick. I think it is a bunch of bull!
Exactly. The exact same thing happened with the American Gladiators so-called "tryouts" in Vegas during the 2007 Olympia Weekend... nothing but a farce. It was all pre-determined.
__________________
Forum Savior
Wordsmith Extraordinaire
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Iron Butterfly's Avatar
Iron Butterfly Iron Butterfly is offline
NPC Figure Competitor - Janis
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Laurence Harbor, NJ
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcountry View Post
Thanks! Do they weight train? I'll probably tune into see the first episode, as I have not seen the show before.

In past shows with Jillian @ the helm, traditonal weight training and cardio were the main proponents of the show with some fuunctional training and boxing in there as well. But who knows if that's going to change with the intoduction of a new trainer.
__________________
****Lift Heavy......Keep Life Light****
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-29-2011, 03:16 PM
FemFlex's Avatar
FemFlex FemFlex is offline
Photographer - Tre Scott
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ...get your ass sunshine elsewhere
Facebook: femflex
Twitter: femflex
Posts: 2,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Joe View Post
Exactly. The exact same thing happened with the American Gladiators so-called "tryouts" in Vegas during the 2007 Olympia Weekend... nothing but a farce. It was all pre-determined.
Come on now, Joe. Although there were a couple of eyebrow-raising selections, you know the problem wasn't really the Gladiators themselves, but the fact that the producers were so focused on trying to make the show about the contenders and their boring 'stories'.

Although Kournikova and I have a 'history' dating back to 1996 (I went to the French Open that year and saw her playing in the juniors draw, no pedo), I have no bias towards her whatsoever. Her job is to be the eye candy needed to draw in viewers, BUT she will need some semblance of a personality to keep them.

The difference between AG and TBL is that TBL *is* about the contestants, but if Anna fails to connect with them, then she'll fail to connect with the viewers, and being pretty won't be enough for her to track well.
__________________
that little cootie bubble...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:11 PM.

...

Moderators

Becca Staggs
......Website
Dvsness
LaurenFazio
......Website
MrsFluffyBunny
Ripitupbaby
......Website

Forum Moderators

....

Administrators

Siouxcountry


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.