Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Chat & Introduction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chat & Introduction We chat about everything, and anything. Stop on in and introduce yourself.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Steve

Default Australia's failing democracy

Today marked the beginning of the end of democracy in Australia. Today Parliament passed a bill to allow the carbon tax bill.
Julia Gillard was voted in as prime minister with the premise that there would be absolutely no carbon tax. 1 week after being voted in as prime minister she changed her policy and pushed for the tax.
Our prime minister told lies to get voted in and in doing so she has gone against the masses 85% of Australianís to pass this bill. As I understand the majority rule? And the head of state implement the policies the majority vote for?
Australians havenít been this outraged in decades.

My question for anyone who can answer this is Ė
What legal rights do we have against lying heads of state?
There must be some kind of protection for citizens when elected officials turn corrupt?
Can we complain to the U.N?

If anyone thinks Iím crazy then you need to get your head out of the sand. The same thing is happening all around the world but most people have an ďwhat can I do about itĒ attitude. The world is in turmoil for the average person which equates to 99% of the world population. Prices for everything are going up all the time and salaries are going down. The rich 1% who own everything including the media are living nicely while everyone else is drowning in debt. These are the same people who hire workers from overseas because $8 an hour is pushing the envelope.

Just thought Iíd let you all know what is going on down under because you wonít hear about the Australia wide protesting from your media because it might give you ideaís to do the same in your country.

Regards-
Old 10-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Dana

Instagram: fitandglamorous

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve147 View Post

My question for anyone who can answer this is Ė
What legal rights do we have against lying heads of state?
There must be some kind of protection for citizens when elected officials turn corrupt?
Can we complain to the U.N?
We can vote her out at the next election?

John Howard did the same thing with the GST, what was it now... 10 years ago? Swore up and down that he wouldn't implement one and then got into office and BAM!!! We get a Goods and Services tax.

I don't really trust Julia Gillard after what she did to Kevin Rudd, I was home at the time and saw how it all went down and I thought that was very dirty. Maybe he had to go one way or another, but it should have been done another way.

(I'm an Aussie expat living in NYC, btw )
Old 10-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitglam View Post
We can vote her out at the next election?

John Howard did the same thing with the GST, what was it now... 10 years ago? Swore up and down that he wouldn't implement one and then got into office and BAM!!! We get a Goods and Services tax.

I don't really trust Julia Gillard after what she did to Kevin Rudd, I was home at the time and saw how it all went down and I thought that was very dirty. Maybe he had to go one way or another, but it should have been done another way.

(I'm an Aussie expat living in NYC, btw )
The problem is it doesn't matter who we vote in. Howard told lies to get elected so then we go with labor and now they lie. Where do we go now? I wish we could form a new party with honest people who care about Australians and not their pockets.

I have been to America 8 times now and never made my way to N.Y... One day
Old 10-12-2011, 07:16 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kenyatta

This has been going on for yearssssssssssssssssssssss in the US!! All you can do is vote them out next term. What exactly does a Carbon tax consist of?

My ability takes me to the top. My character is what keeps me there.

***CHECK OUT MY JOURNAL ***

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=1067
Old 10-13-2011, 01:19 AM
Photographer/Videographer - Joe Bayer

I feel for ya, Steve.

Unfortunately, the carbon tax is something that Goldman Sachs, and the rest of Wall Street to a lesser extent, has engineered for the New World Order and they are ushering it in worldwide - country by country. It will be the elite's next tool in their goal to destroy the middle class, usher in a worldwide gov't and a worldwide currency, destroying national sovereignty, etc....

And of course, there will be idiots who will label this as "conspiracy theory'.... and yet EVERYTHING the "conspiracy theorists" have forecast, continues to come true, step by step. This is just the latest step. Al Gore and others who try to use the environment as a political weapon, are doing their best to usher it in in the US, but so far, enough scientists have stood up and said how much bullshit it is and that it doesn't do jack shit to help the enviornment, but is just another tool to redistribute wealth to the elite and huge megabanks and corporations.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:15 AM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP DIVA View Post
This has been going on for yearssssssssssssssssssssss in the US!! All you can do is vote them out next term. What exactly does a Carbon tax consist of?
Households will pay on average an extra $9.90 per week for the carbon dioxide they create through the use of electricity. This equals to about $500 per year. But it doesnít stop there. All major industry and food cultivation will be taxed but they will pass down the cost to consumers, so now the middle and lower class feel the pinch even more. We are already paying $1.40 per litre or $5.30 per Gallon and this is set to go up too because it produces carbon.
The next step will be to calculate the volume of air capacity per personís lung and see how much carbon you produce every breath you take. Another cost just for being alive.
The poor sheep farmers in New Zealand are terrified about this.

Voting them out next term does not work unfortunately. They elite left or right are all in this together, don't get me wrong they do put on a good show of banter back and forth but thatís just part of the manipulation so we think they are fighting for us when really they are pulling the wool over our eyes and having a good laugh about it.

I really thought big changes were going to happen when Obama took power. But in reality nothingís changed only the puppet.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:31 AM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Joe View Post
I feel for ya, Steve.

Unfortunately, the carbon tax is something that Goldman Sachs, and the rest of Wall Street to a lesser extent, has engineered for the New World Order and they are ushering it in worldwide - country by country. It will be the elite's next tool in their goal to destroy the middle class, usher in a worldwide gov't and a worldwide currency, destroying national sovereignty, etc....

And of course, there will be idiots who will label this as "conspiracy theory'.... and yet EVERYTHING the "conspiracy theorists" have forecast, continues to come true, step by step. This is just the latest step. Al Gore and others who try to use the environment as a political weapon, are doing their best to usher it in in the US, but so far, enough scientists have stood up and said how much bullshit it is and that it doesn't do jack shit to help the enviornment, but is just another tool to redistribute wealth to the elite and huge megabanks and corporations.
Right on the money Joe!

Most people have the wool pulled over their eyes because of the rubbish they are being fed. Apparently christina aguilera and other gossip is more news worthy than important issues. But not all is lost. People are waking up and keepng each other informed through twitter and other forms of social networking.

Its big news in the media when you are talking protest in Libya and other arab countries, but not much being shown or said when protesting is going on in 150 cities in America - Occupy wall street - People are coming out in force now because they are sick and tired of being led by the nose. People in Australia have had enough and this is proven by the huge protesting going on with chants of "Democracy is dead". Change is needed.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:43 AM
Dana

Instagram: fitandglamorous

Quote:
The problem is it doesn't matter who we vote in. Howard told lies to get elected so then we go with labor and now they lie. Where do we go now? I wish we could form a new party with honest people who care about Australians and not their pockets.

I have been to America 8 times now and never made my way to N.Y... One day
Exactly, it doesn't matter who we vote in - Labor/Liberal... or Repubs/Democrats over here, its all the same bullshit and they all put on a good show of being against each other and whatever, but really they're all in cahoots.

I am very apathetic politically, and neither side in either country really fits me well with what I believe.

I've seen your posts here, I just figured you were American. now I'm reading what you say with an Aussie accent and its amusing me, hehe

(THERE ARE SO MANY AUSSIES IN NEW YORK! ITS CRAZY!)
Old 10-13-2011, 04:28 AM
Photographer/Videographer - Joe Bayer

Quote:
I really thought big changes were going to happen when Obama took power. But in reality nothing’s changed only the puppet.
Exactly. I also bought into the whole "hope and change" bullshit, and in the end, all we got was Bush on steroids. Obama's expanded wars, blown up the deficits, continues to let big oil and banks have their way with laws, slaps on the wrist for wrongdoing (see BP Gulf incident), expanded big brother (surveillance, TSA, etc...), shoved imposing, economy ruining legislation down our throats (Bush's Patriot Act & ObamaCare), etc...

The big mistake that the elite is making/has made, is that they maybe seem to have woken people up too soon, before they successfully did too much to irreversibly run us into the ground. It will be a tough, uphill battle, but the WORLDWIDE revolution against the megabanks and top %1, appears to be in its opening salvo. I encourage everyone to read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" to begin to get an understanding of who is really in power and controlling the world...