Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini News & chat about Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-24-2011, 04:44 PM
cici_kyle's Avatar
cici_kyle cici_kyle is offline
NPC Fitness Competitor - Cicely
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 913
Default 2012 IFBB North Americans without fitness?

I was looking at the npcnews contest schedule for next year

http://npcnewsonline.com/PDFfiles/NP...estListing.pdf

and it doesn't look like there will be a fitness division included at North Americans next year (let alone a pro card). Am I overlooking something? I really hope so because that is the only national show in which my schedule will allow for me to compete

I understand cutting back on the number of shows in theory to try and get more athletes at a single show but if I can't get to the show, I can't get there. so thats one less body at a fitness show and people will say "the fitness girls don't show up"

Guess I'm aiming for 2013 now. I just hope I have a division to compete in by then
__________________
One day at a time

My FB athlete page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/CiCi-K...03752269722077

CiCi's Road to the Arnold
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Siouxcountry's Avatar
Siouxcountry Siouxcountry is offline
Administrator
Jason
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA
Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry
Posts: 59,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici_kyle View Post
I was looking at the npcnews contest schedule for next year

http://npcnewsonline.com/PDFfiles/NP...estListing.pdf

and it doesn't look like there will be a fitness division included at North Americans next year (let alone a pro card). Am I overlooking something? I really hope so because that is the only national show in which my schedule will allow for me to compete

I understand cutting back on the number of shows in theory to try and get more athletes at a single show but if I can't get to the show, I can't get there. so thats one less body at a fitness show and people will say "the fitness girls don't show up"

Guess I'm aiming for 2013 now. I just hope I have a division to compete in by then
I emailed Gary to confirm whether fitness will be at the 2012 IFBB North American or not. I'll post his reply.
__________________
Make me feel popular and follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on
Twitter!

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-24-2011, 05:45 PM
cici_kyle's Avatar
cici_kyle cici_kyle is offline
NPC Fitness Competitor - Cicely
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcountry View Post
I emailed Gary to confirm whether fitness will be at the 2012 IFBB North American or not. I'll post his reply.
thankz
__________________
One day at a time

My FB athlete page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/CiCi-K...03752269722077

CiCi's Road to the Arnold
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Siouxcountry's Avatar
Siouxcountry Siouxcountry is offline
Administrator
Jason
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA
Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry
Posts: 59,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici_kyle View Post
thankz
Gary stated it will be at the IFBB North American & NPC Masters Nationals. Both shows will be in Pittsburgh in 2012.

Quote:
Happy Thanksgiving,

On the NPCNews website I see no fitness division for the IFBB North American in 2012? Is this fact? Thanks for your time, Jason

Thanx for the heads up Jason. We do have it there and also at the MASTERS NATIONALS.
__________________
Make me feel popular and follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on
Twitter!

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-24-2011, 06:32 PM
LaurenFazio's Avatar
LaurenFazio LaurenFazio is offline
Moderator
CBBF Bikini Competitor - Lauren Fazio
AMAZEBALLS!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Twitter: LaurenFazio
Instagram: laurenlfazio
Posts: 5,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcountry View Post
Gary stated it will be at the IFBB North American & NPC Masters Nationals. Both shows will be in Pittsburgh in 2012.
Thank goodness
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-24-2011, 07:05 PM
cici_kyle's Avatar
cici_kyle cici_kyle is offline
NPC Fitness Competitor - Cicely
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenFazio View Post
Thank goodness
x2!!

*steps away from the 2nd serving of dessert
__________________
One day at a time

My FB athlete page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/CiCi-K...03752269722077

CiCi's Road to the Arnold
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-13-2011, 12:04 AM
cici_kyle's Avatar
cici_kyle cici_kyle is offline
NPC Fitness Competitor - Cicely
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 913
Default is this how all national shows will be next year?

According to the website there will be FIVE women's divisions on Friday and 2 men's divisions on Saturday. I'm glad they split the finals up after hearing all of the stories about Nationals this year, but wouldn't it make more sense to put at least 1 female divsion on Saturday so we won't be there until 3am Friday night?
__________________
One day at a time

My FB athlete page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/CiCi-K...03752269722077

CiCi's Road to the Arnold
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-13-2011, 12:48 AM
Siouxcountry's Avatar
Siouxcountry Siouxcountry is offline
Administrator
Jason
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA
Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry
Posts: 59,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici_kyle View Post
According to the website there will be FIVE women's divisions on Friday and 2 men's divisions on Saturday. I'm glad they split the finals up after hearing all of the stories about Nationals this year, but wouldn't it make more sense to put at least 1 female divsion on Saturday so we won't be there until 3am Friday night?
I think Gary has it right, all women one day, all men another. I wish all shows would be the same. Remember men's bb has far more competitors and a few more classes than women's bb.
__________________
Make me feel popular and follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on
Twitter!

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-13-2011, 01:39 AM
cici_kyle's Avatar
cici_kyle cici_kyle is offline
NPC Fitness Competitor - Cicely
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcountry View Post
I think Gary has it right, all women one day, all men another. I wish all shows would be the same. Remember men's bb has far more competitors and a few more classes than women's bb.
Thats true but the total number of competitors and classes of women has got to be more than the number of men. It seems that way at least. I mean 6 classes of figure and bikini, plus 2 or 3 classes each of fitness and physique, plus women's bb, PLUS masters.

How many, on average, total male competitors are at a national show and how many female? I'm curious now (plus i know you are great with digging up numbers and doing math )
__________________
One day at a time

My FB athlete page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/CiCi-K...03752269722077

CiCi's Road to the Arnold
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-13-2011, 02:04 AM
Siouxcountry's Avatar
Siouxcountry Siouxcountry is offline
Administrator
Jason
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA
Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry
Posts: 59,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici_kyle View Post
Thats true but the total number of competitors and classes of women has got to be more than the number of men. It seems that way at least. I mean 6 classes of figure and bikini, plus 2 or 3 classes each of fitness and physique, plus women's bb, PLUS masters.

How many, on average, total male competitors are at a national show and how many female? I'm curious now (plus i know you are great with digging up numbers and doing math )
Yes women always out number men. I'm thinking at least 2/3 of competitors are women. Men's BB takes the most time out of all the divisions, maybe as long as figure and bikini combined? I do understand what you mean, adding bikini to Saturday would balance both days out further. It is just awesome though to have all the women's prejudging and finals first, that means women's photos will go up quick, instead of having to wait for the websites to get all the men's photos up (sometimes they get behind and are still putting men's photos up during women's prejudging the next day).
__________________
Make me feel popular and follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on
Twitter!

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-13-2011, 02:53 AM
cici_kyle's Avatar
cici_kyle cici_kyle is offline
NPC Fitness Competitor - Cicely
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcountry View Post
Yes women always out number men. I'm thinking at least 2/3 of competitors are women. Men's BB takes the most time out of all the divisions, maybe as long as figure and bikini combined? I do understand what you mean, adding bikini to Saturday would balance both days out further. It is just awesome though to have all the women's prejudging and finals first, that means women's photos will go up quick, instead of having to wait for the websites to get all the men's photos up (sometimes they get behind and are still putting men's photos up during women's prejudging the next day).
__________________
One day at a time

My FB athlete page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/CiCi-K...03752269722077

CiCi's Road to the Arnold
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:34 PM.

...

Moderators

Becca Staggs
......Website
Dvsness
LaurenFazio
......Website
MrsFluffyBunny
Ripitupbaby
......Website

Forum Moderators

....

Administrators

Siouxcountry


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.