Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Chat & Introduction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chat & Introduction We chat about everything, and anything. Stop on in and introduce yourself.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Alexandra

Default EPIC RANT - Dylan Ratigan on IB Cartel and Political corruption

BAM! That's what I'm talking about....Love this guy and his passion

“Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.” ― Brené Brown
Old 12-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Alexandra

TV just doesn't get better than this.

“Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.” ― Brené Brown
Old 12-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Administrator
Jason

Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstoa View Post
That was great!

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Old 12-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Jim

AS LONG AS someone indicates (like this person has) that 1) it's a system (not party) problem and 2) BOTH parties are equally to blame...I'm in...

This is why that over time I'm become VERY cynical about it making much of a difference about who we elect, as long as they continue to become part of what is a broken system.

Mufasa
Old 12-16-2011, 09:17 PM
IFBB Pro - Tammy Patnode

he n i went to the same HS. his mom was my therapist..lol

SPECIES SPONSORED ATHLETE
Old 12-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Alexandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
AS LONG AS someone indicates (like this person has) that 1) it's a system (not party) problem and 2) BOTH parties are equally to blame...I'm in...

This is why that over time I'm become VERY cynical about it making much of a difference about who we elect, as long as they continue to become part of what is a broken system.

Mufasa
I agree with you on this. I think that is why he peaked my interest, as he does place the blame on the system instead of one particular party. They are equally to blame.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Alexandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammyp View Post
he n i went to the same HS. his mom was my therapist..lol
Tammy, that is pretty wild. Small world, huh?

Old 12-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Matt

It seems to me you're passionate about politics & social issues. Maybe take the opportunity to actively engage in the process on some level if you haven't already. I think that has the potential to be rewarding & meaningful on a personal level for you.

Quote:
Old 12-16-2011, 10:48 PM
Alexandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbbfanatic View Post
It seems to me you're passionate about politics & social issues. Maybe take the opportunity to actively engage in the process on some level if you haven't already. I think that has the potential to be rewarding & meaningful on a personal level for you.
Great advice! Thank you. Honestly, I am not sure where to start.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:58 PM
IFBB Pro - Cheryl Davis

Quote:
Great advice! Thank you. Honestly, I am not sure where to start.
just about every state has a local committee structure. contact your party affiliation in your state for details. the committee seats are rarely ever filled and they're gateways to get into state level politics if you're interested in that route or you can volunteer with a campaign. or you can sit on a board/commission - think neighborhood beautification, arts, planning, school board etc. finally, contact one of the larger advocacy groups (you seem to be an msnbc'er like me so maybe moveon.org or league of women voters who i know are active everywhere and they're nonpartisan) and ask if they have volunteer opportunities near you. this is also a way to get involved in the system via registration drives, initiatives/referenda, etc.

I will not live an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. - Dawn Markova
Go big, go bold, go hard or go home!

Between hope and victory lies faith.

Last edited by Che : 12-16-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Matt

Great suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che View Post
just about every state has a local committee structure. contact your party affiliation in your state for details. the committee seats are rarely ever filled and they're gateways to get into state level politics if you're interested in that route or you can volunteer with a campaign. or you can sit on a board/commission - think neighborhood beautification, arts, planning, school board etc. finally, contact one of the larger advocacy groups (you seem to be an msnbc'er like me so maybe moveon.org or league of women voters who i know are active everywhere and they're nonpartisan) and ask if they have volunteer opportunities near you. this is also a way to get involved in the system via registration drives, initiatives/referenda, etc.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:26 AM
Ali

Quote:
good list! I'd add idealist.org (volunteer opp search engine; has a lot of different search options) to that. I found both places that I volunteer with through them.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:58 AM
Alexandra

Quote:
Cheryl, you are a plethera of information! I am currently enlisting to volunteer with a local Christian based homeless shelter, but never really thought about being involved in local politics until now. Thanks for taking the time to share your suggestions, as it certainly makes it seem attainable, as well as great starting point. I will be reading up on the website moveon.org tonight. Thanks again!!

Old 12-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Photographer/Videographer - Joe Bayer

Too late.

3G.

Gold. Guns. Getaway plan.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Matt

lol Ready for anything I see. Where's your getaway? Tahiti for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Joe View Post
Too late.

3G.

Gold. Guns. Getaway plan.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Alexandra

Matt - Funny you say that. Tahiti was where I said I would love to go the week before 12/21/2012. lol

Old 12-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Matt

Ha! Your taste in getaway destinations is excellent.

Quote:
Matt - Funny you say that. Tahiti was where I said I would love to go the week before 12/21/2012. lol
Old 12-18-2011, 01:14 PM
IFBB Pro - Cheryl Davis

Quote:
Cheryl, you are a plethera of information! I am currently enlisting to volunteer with a local Christian based homeless shelter, but never really thought about being involved in local politics until now. Thanks for taking the time to share your suggestions, as it certainly makes it seem attainable, as well as great starting point. I will be reading up on the website moveon.org tonight. Thanks again!!
You're welcome I used to recruit/train first-time candidates for political office in a former life so it's a particular passion of mine

I will not live an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. - Dawn Markova
Go big, go bold, go hard or go home!

Between hope and victory lies faith.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Steve

One of my all time favorite videos. The guys tells it exactly how it is but the big question is how to change it and make it right... not only for America but for the rest of the free world that tries to follow and emulate America.

How do we stop politicians from working for the highest bidder and start working for the tax paying citizens?

This is a very deeply, rooted, complex situation which needs to change before there is no turning back, which I might say we are already on the edge.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Alexandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve147 View Post
One of my all time favorite videos. The guys tells it exactly how it is but the big question is how to change it and make it right... not only for America but for the rest of the free world that tries to follow and emulate America.

How do we stop politicians from working for the highest bidder and start working for the tax paying citizens?

This is a very deeply, rooted, complex situation which needs to change before there is no turning back, which I might say we are already on the edge.
Steve - I am starting to wonder if that is even possible, unless we get rid of them all and start over. It is a disgusting and alarming mess.