Siouxcountry.com

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > CHAT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CHAT

Old 04-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Trainer - Noel Fuller

I thought she was a Zombie, her posing didnt have anything to do with her placing, I was wondering what she was thinking as she could see the other girls were not posing like that.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:32 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Vanessa

I could understand those side poses, I've seen that with other Federations but the front and back poses really?!?! Too bad though because her body could have easily placed her in the top 5! A lot of judges will call out " hands down to your side" if they see some jacked up posing. I wonder why the judges didn't call this out?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Fuller View Post
I thought she was a Zombie, her posing didnt have anything to do with her placing, I was wondering what she was thinking as she could see the other girls were not posing like that.
Please explain. Looks clear to me her posing had very much to do with placing 15th out of 17 women.

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:56 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Vanessa Adams-Pierce

I would have been quite annoyed had I been the one standing beside her, and likely would have told her to chill with the arms. She is all up in the next woman's space.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:05 PM
CBBF Figure Competitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsness
I would have been quite annoyed had I been the one standing beside her, and likely would have told her to chill with the arms. She is all up in the next woman's space.
My thoughts, too. Head judge should have said something.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Old 04-26-2012, 08:50 PM
Mom & Athlete Extraordinaire - Selena

Facebook: Selena Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca Staggs View Post
Wow. Yeah that is too bad - she obviously worked hard on that conditioning.
At our shows a judge often says "hands to your sides, please" if someone is Riding the invisible Harley. I see a lot of male Bodybuilders do it too, in their relaxed pose LOL

Ah...that pic made my day Becca, thank you.

It's actually to bad for the woman who had to stand beside her as well. When posing is that bad it is really distracting and you can't help but stare and pay no attention to the other physiques.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Photographer - Tre Scott

Facebook: femflex
Twitter: femflex

Oh, come now, people.

Don't act like y'alls didn't have ILS when you first started working out.

On the reals, though, in addition to the possibility of competing in other feds, if she used to compete a long time ago, that's how a lot of the women looked onstage in fit/fig.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:43 PM
PNBA Pro - Sylvia Duque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Looks like she was getting help from a BB. Front and rear pose - trying to mess with her arms to get her lats out. The side pose might not look normal for NPC, but it's not very far off what I've seen a lot in some other orgs (NANBF/OCB/INBF).

Agree on the diff organizations. A competitor needs to know ahead of time where she's standing at and what to do. This open arm like about to fly away is similar posing in Latin America. I myself had to learn it and felt unconfortable but it's what they go by.

If I may.. take a look at Figure National level in Ecuador...

Last edited by SDUQUE : 04-26-2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: trying to post a pic
Old 04-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Trainer - Kevin Myles

Posing can definitely make a big difference in how you look onstage and can either help or hurt your appearance. But it shouldn't effect more than a placing or two and that's if it's very close. If someone is completely out of line with what they should be doing then I would expect (and most often see) the judges instruct them to stand or place their hands a certain way.

Posing is a lot harder than people think. It has to be practiced to be perfected and if it's practiced wrong-as in the wrong positions-it will be executed wrong onstage as well. For the people I coach I include posing instruction for free to the local ones and correct/instruct them as much as possible via pictures and Skype to the distance ones. Some of them have flown in to my area just to pose-one flew in before the Arnold and flew back home a few hours later. There are so many good girls it can definitely make a difference so competitors should do their homework. I would ideally suggest that you see as many shows as possible before competing and even try to see the show you plan to do. But now, with so many new competitors there are girls who are competing and have never seen a show before, only pictures. I've actually had a couple of my girls do that and it's turned out fine but you really have to prepare them to deal with everything; judging and show protocols, walking onstage properly (which is actually where the judging starts) how to stand, where to look, how to maintain their smile, projecting the right confidence level, what to expect in terms of the crowd, background music, interactions with the other competitors, etc. The whole experience! It's a lot easier if you see as many shows as possible, then you can focus more on the physique if you know what to expect and will be that much more comfortable. Hopefully this competitor still had a positive experience regardless of her placing.

Kevin
Old 04-26-2012, 11:34 PM
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staci View Post
Very much so. Watchings mens pyhsique was giving me a head ache. Hard to really see the guys because they looked like they had blurred edges. Quite a few people at the show were saying this
Elaine has been doing this at the last couple of shows... that screen SUCKS! but to her it adds more bling I think.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:10 AM
Trainer - Noel Fuller

She was in last call out, she looks better in the pics than she did onstage
Old 04-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Fuller View Post
She was in last call out, she looks better in the pics than she did onstage
Hard for me to believe posing had nothing to do with her placing, as these three women placed ahead of her.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:02 AM
NPC Bikini Competitor - Staci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
Elaine has been doing this at the last couple of shows... that screen SUCKS! but to her it adds more bling I think.
I enjoyed it at the night show during the bb posing. It was darker with just a few light efffects going on. I think it added to the routines. But for the mens physique and bikini I saw it was really distracting. I think its just a matter of what the choose to play on the screen.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:27 AM
Bikini Competitor - Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca Staggs View Post
Wow. Yeah that is too bad - she obviously worked hard on that conditioning.
At our shows a judge often says "hands to your sides, please" if someone is Riding the invisible Harley. I see a lot of male Bodybuilders do it too, in their relaxed pose LOL

LOL Becca. Thread win

*I DECIDE.

Find me on Facebook... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002334258212
Old 04-27-2012, 02:57 AM
Model - Leslie

Hmmmm.. maybe her arms were cramping.. my toes and calves did that at The Excalibur a few years ago.. I am sure I had a few awkward transitions on stage during that.. hurt too!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:57 AM
Figure Competitor - Maria

that side pose is INBF/WNBF, i think its retarded
Old 04-27-2012, 02:01 PM
NPC Judge & Bodybuilder - Kim Ferrell

in her pics, the way she poses makes her look like she has no back or shoulders at all.

i've seen way too many girls pose so poorly that you can't see the shape of their backs and shoulders flatten out due to arm position.

the easiest thing to say to these girls is STOP!!!!! so many try so hard.

no more FINGER POINTING, NO MORE FLYAWAY ARMS!!!

put your friggin hands to your sides and do NOTHING if all you know how to do is ride a bike or completely pinch your back together or even sprout wings with your arms. figure posing is the simplest thing to do, so may girls simply over complicate it......relax already! and hire someone to help you. preferably a known coach or an IFBB pro! or at a bare minimum, loo at the pictures of Olympia pros.

ok, sorry, a judges rant.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim ferrell View Post
in her pics, the way she poses makes her look like she has no back or shoulders at all.

i've seen way too many girls pose so poorly that you can't see the shape of their backs and shoulders flatten out due to arm position.

put your friggin hands to your sides and do NOTHING if all you know how to do is ride a bike or completely pinch your back together or even sprout wings with your arms. figure posing is the simplest thing to do, so may girls simply over complicate it......relax already! and hire someone to help you. preferably a known coach or an IFBB pro! or at a bare minimum, loo at the pictures of Olympia pros.

You can do the bare minimum and watch videos on Youtube and learn a lot.

So many resources now.

Of course it would be excellent if the NPC put together posing instruction videos, and uploaded them up onto their website.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:40 PM
NPC Physique Competitor - Nesha

Facebook: nesha.m.ward
Twitter: goseeneesha
Instagram: goseeneesha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim ferrell View Post

Easier said than done for some and a lot more effortless for others. It's like Zumba. I suck at it...and I suck at back posing. I know I have more lats but for some reason I just can't get the damn pose. I've been told to do what you said above and simply stand there with my arms to the side if I can't get it. Competing is already expensive enough without having to hire someone to help you pose so Ive tried to find someone who poses well and have them help me with it...I'm sure it's a peeve for judges but it's just as uncomfortable for a competitor who is trying to fix it.

My Training Journal My Personal Facebook My Facebook Page for Crazy Fitness Rants
Old 05-02-2012, 12:14 AM
SNBF Pro - Zakia Vazquez

Well I went to SNBF shows and I watched a lot of general youtube videos(probably hours of shows in the last year and a half) that featured female bodybuilders of today and yesterday to figure out my posing. I researched how I wanted to pose and how I DIDN'T want to pose. I also had someone helping me tie everything together and give me additional guidance. I still have to practice but the specific purpose of that was so I didn't look crazy and weird on stage. And it worked out beautifully. I still have some practicing though.