Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Training & Nutrition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training & Nutrition Discuss training & nutrition. Off season or prep.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Recovered Competitor - Julia

Facebook: Jewelofnile
Twitter: jewelofnile12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbecks View Post
This happened to one of my clients last year,post competition instead of sticking to the plan I gave her she went overboard on processed foods and overnight her skin went hard and she blew up,cankles,no abs you name it,it took her a good few days to come right. When you come off your diet post contest,make sure you add foods in slowly so as to not shock your body too much.
The sad thing is that many people KNOW you should add foods in slowly but then don't do it...they do go overboard.

All good advice above ladies!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Linda

Been getting all my meals in these past days..took 3 days totally off. Husband is very very happy with what he is seeing. We shot photos today and what I saw was an upper body too lean...too lean..I made the cardinal mistake of stepping on the gyms certified scale and I was at 119lbs.

You all will cringe when I mentioned "the scale" and yes I have a hard time escaping it. I lost it right there. Fortunately my husband grabbed me and pulled me aside and addressed all the issues strongly to me. He addressed the pictures and how I said I was too lean...I liked my butt as it was better, quads and hams are solid and nice right now and calves look really good. My face looked fresher, no bags under my eyes and I looked youthful again. Muscles are fuller but I did loss muscle without doubt. I had concentrated long on hard on my upper half and not the lower..now it has reversed.

I am happy he was there and he handled me perfectly. He doesn't treat me like a wife or a girl, he treated me like a person that need to understand better and realize all those years as a girl that the scale is not your friend. He showed me the photos again and kept reiterating that photos don't lie, scales do and so do mirrors as everyone has a favorite mirror.

He took me over to the posing mirrors after he had me go back to doing heavy sets low reps on my back, we used hooks for the first time and I broke all my PRs today. I was pissed, mad and frustrated..at the mirrors he made me look at myself and ask if I did not look better overall...and I did. Yesterday he kept looking at me, staring at me and he told me why in the posing room..he said I looked beautiful, youthful and I was close to being back to where I should be. I turned a huge corner right then and there as the bags under my eyes where gone, wrinkles gone, skin was beautiful and strength was up.

So again, all of you have straightened me out very well. I salted my food also LOL! What was a terrible site on the scales turned out to be something I needed to see and learn and fortunately the pictures had been taken this morning and it all came together. I just need to get the shoulders back and my back to where it was...having difficulty with my lower abs though. I have a full set of abs that readily show and more so but I have had 5 c-sections. The lower ab muscle protrude out further then my uppers and they are solid. It looks bloated but the definition is all there, firmness, veins, etc but the muscle bulges. Husband thinks its accentuated by being too lean and will be less dominate with the rise in body weight. His opinion was to concentrate on upper ab work, no lower and let the body change back with the increased meals and cals.

He had me do a double bicep shot and they looked much better
, not as good as in the past but better than last week!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_medic View Post
I am on the fourth week of a diet program and everything HAD been going well.

I have been diligent on my diet excepting that I have a very hard time consuming this many meals; I usually end up with 3 meals and that is not good, so I have made an effort to get the meals in so I am at 4-5 meals. According to husband I have lost muscle and I am definitely very lean: measured 9% which I understand is due to caloric deficits, so I am working on that.

I realize eating super clean can have rebound and I am having a very hard time thinking this is anything of the sort..a glass of Cab is typically 5oz, so thats 122Kcals, 3 gr carb, 0 pro, 0 fat.

I can't live like this if something so simple causes such a wild problem. Today, all I ate was my first meal and 1.5 gallons of water and did cardio...it has put me into a tailspin of sorts.
I'd be much less concerned about the effect of a glass of wine on your body than its effect on your mind. The bolded statement is a clue, but having read the post several times, it seems to me that the cycle of dieting/excess cardio/skipping meals is neither good for your mind or your body. Please understand that I'm saying this with compassion and care, not out of judgment.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Linda

Trust me, it has been rectified:-) Got almost all my muscle back and weighed in at 119 this a.m. at the gym. Workout got a full change as did the diet, sitting at 1835 in Kcal, 190 pro, 186 carb..husband is right on top of me on all of this literally and figuratively.:-) This girl is no longer a worry, I slipped and now I am back up and full ahead.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:49 AM
CBBF Figure Competitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwd69 View Post
I'd be much less concerned about the effect of a glass of wine on your body than its effect on your mind. The bolded statement is a clue, but having read the post several times, it seems to me that the cycle of dieting/excess cardio/skipping meals is neither good for your mind or your body. Please understand that I'm saying this with compassion and care, not out of judgment.
Linda, I have to agree with the above post in some respects. I would add that all of this has a profound effect on your spirit. The above poster is referring to your general wellbeing, which includes your mind and your spirit, not just your body.

A couple of recent posts from my Coach:
"What a tragedy, what a pity and what a huge mistake - To be so focused and possessed about the design and enhancement of your body - to the almost total neglect and expense to the design and enhancement of your soul - and really, which realm do you think is truly and actually dependent on the other?"
"For both good and bad, digestion can be linked to self-acceptance, self-esteem, self-love, or their lack. Disrupted digestion or problems of digestion are MOST often issues of the soul - NOT issues of nutrition. That "cleanse" you seek - doesn't come from a diet-based solution - but a spiritually-based one. Your issue is less likely one of physical constipation - but of emotional constipation. There is no "nutritional" cleanse for that - nor is one EVER necessary!"
Old 05-14-2012, 04:07 AM
Linda

I understand, I do. I had mental barriers without doubt. Was always led to believe in certain weight/height ratios, etc. Traditional aspects a girl has. I have had 5 children, and I fought hard very very hard to keep my self in shape and my weight and size controlled, but lets all face the fact that the information afforded to the general public is a lot of bunk...and yes I was one of those that read and listened to the lies and mistruths to sell magazines, etc. When I entered into this hobby 20 years ago, I was a runner to control my depression from too many pregnancies too close together. My husband whom lifted, slowly had me add into all this weights, and I was against it as most runners are.

He kept the preaching of muscle mass to control the calorie burning, etc and 5 years ago I became heavily involved into weights and lesser the running. But I still argued against the weight/height ratio. Until this past year, I held these beliefs and made friends with a top NPC Physique competitor that has been featured here in some threads as a top contender on the west coast. We talked, she made some comments and encourage me to give this a serious run but have fun with it.

Fortunately my husband is a huge supporter of everything I want to do, and so he set out finding me a trainer and nutritionist. I went through several and it was my meal skipping and low calories that started to hamper my progression. My husband saw this and threatened to pull the plug on all of this and so I would relent.

We moved to another trainer/nutritionist and the results jumped up as I was taking in more calories as the program cost much more so I wanted my investment to count. Unfortunately, I am not a big eater at all and the meals and the thoughts of consuming what was to me a lot of calories (1750) was overwhelming. My husband kept a close on me and he noticed my muscle was leaning out too much and going flat, especially my butt. He called me on the carpet over it and this was the time I had the wine and everything just went badly.

He sat me down, we had a long discussion and we shot pictures. He showed me that at my current weight 111 I was seriously too lean. My abs protruded as he put it "like HGH abs" and I was seriously vascular my my face was gaunt. Everything I had worked for was ruined just that fast. We shot more pics and he talked more and more and we sent the pictures to my trainer whom was none too happy.

A new diet, a new program, a a new me and I swear on that. I threw the scale away literally. I have been getting almost every day every meal in as I prepare them days in advance. My husband has gone to shooting pictures daily and I am seeing the results in leaps and bounds. I have never been 120lbs unless pregnant and I look really really good. I have a nice bubble butt again too:-) Skin is better, strength is big, overall mental well being is high. Spiritually I get it and yes, I am in control of all of this and yes, a person can transform this fast. I have a great support in my husband and from all of you women...so I am not a worry anymore, my days are great and I continue to achieve my food goals and retrain myself. I have a great new outlook and no longer a slave to old teachings, I know better at 51.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:48 AM
Brankica

Facebook: u.brankica

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_medic View Post
I understand, I do. I had mental barriers without doubt. Was always led to believe in certain weight/height ratios, etc. Traditional aspects a girl has. I have had 5 children, and I fought hard very very hard to keep my self in shape and my weight and size controlled, but lets all face the fact that the information afforded to the general public is a lot of bunk...and yes I was one of those that read and listened to the lies and mistruths to sell magazines, etc. When I entered into this hobby 20 years ago, I was a runner to control my depression from too many pregnancies too close together. My husband whom lifted, slowly had me add into all this weights, and I was against it as most runners are.

He kept the preaching of muscle mass to control the calorie burning, etc and 5 years ago I became heavily involved into weights and lesser the running. But I still argued against the weight/height ratio. Until this past year, I held these beliefs and made friends with a top NPC Physique competitor that has been featured here in some threads as a top contender on the west coast. We talked, she made some comments and encourage me to give this a serious run but have fun with it.

Fortunately my husband is a huge supporter of everything I want to do, and so he set out finding me a trainer and nutritionist. I went through several and it was my meal skipping and low calories that started to hamper my progression. My husband saw this and threatened to pull the plug on all of this and so I would relent.

We moved to another trainer/nutritionist and the results jumped up as I was taking in more calories as the program cost much more so I wanted my investment to count. Unfortunately, I am not a big eater at all and the meals and the thoughts of consuming what was to me a lot of calories (1750) was overwhelming. My husband kept a close on me and he noticed my muscle was leaning out too much and going flat, especially my butt. He called me on the carpet over it and this was the time I had the wine and everything just went badly.

He sat me down, we had a long discussion and we shot pictures. He showed me that at my current weight 111 I was seriously too lean. My abs protruded as he put it "like HGH abs" and I was seriously vascular my my face was gaunt. Everything I had worked for was ruined just that fast. We shot more pics and he talked more and more and we sent the pictures to my trainer whom was none too happy.

A new diet, a new program, a a new me and I swear on that. I threw the scale away literally. I have been getting almost every day every meal in as I prepare them days in advance. My husband has gone to shooting pictures daily and I am seeing the results in leaps and bounds. I have never been 120lbs unless pregnant and I look really really good. I have a nice bubble butt again too:-) Skin is better, strength is big, overall mental well being is high. Spiritually I get it and yes, I am in control of all of this and yes, a person can transform this fast. I have a great support in my husband and from all of you women...so I am not a worry anymore, my days are great and I continue to achieve my food goals and retrain myself. I have a great new outlook and no longer a slave to old teachings, I know better at 51.
You changed coaches after this? By the diet you posted in the first post, I think I know who you trained with... no personal approach.

So since my situation is the same and I am wasting money because the diet is too low for me, I am on hours or cardio even though I want to grow etc. I would just ask who are you with NOW, cause I should probably switch ASAP