Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Chat & Introduction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chat & Introduction We chat about everything, and anything. Stop on in and introduce yourself.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Trish's Avatar
Trish Trish is offline
Trish
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 997
Default Feeling Ashamed and embarressed..but I am here

Hello everyone,
The last time I was here was in 2010, before that I was trying to get back to a happy medium and well, I completely gave up. I got tired of counting and stressing myself out and just said I am just going to have to accept that I am going to be fat. I stopped going to the gym all together and when I tried going back, I changed gyms so that no one I knew would see me, but they did and I just didn’t want to talk to anyone. I went through a separation due to my weight as my significant other told me he no longer was attracted to me since I had gained 20 lbs and that was it for me. I didn’t care and got fatter and thought I don’t want someone to be with me because of how I look, but who am I kidding, we are all attracted to what we like, but I was hurt. It’s been now 3 yrs and I am still struggling.
I really know I don’t like to be fat and feel bad about myself I just can’t seem to stick with things. I recently joined some weight loss program and lost 16 lbs after 3 months and then went on vacation and completely stopped dieting but when I came back instead of getting back I just kept on. I felt like I already messed up.
It’s a bad circle for me and I know that I was at my happiest when I was fit. I really would be ok with being in a 13/14 I don’t want to try and be a fitness competitor, I just wish that when I was fit I would have thought that way; instead I tried to get lower and lower and made myself unhappy. Now I am 260 lbs, the biggest I have ever been. Not even when I first started I was that big.

Anyhow, it has taken me quite some time to go ahead and put myself out there and look for the support I once enjoyed without feeling like I am a failure.
From here to a new beginning…
__________________
Stop by my Journal
http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=1230
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Becca Staggs's Avatar
Becca Staggs Becca Staggs is offline
Moderator
IFBB Reject - Rebecca Staggs
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Mitten, USA
Twitter: BeccaStaggs
Posts: 9,621
Default

Welcome, Trish!!
Glad you shared your story with us. Yes, we're all attracted to certain things but pure weight gain of 20 lbs is, IMO, not a good enough reason for someone to leave! If there weren't other factors, heck, you're better of without 'em!

It's never too late to start over right? You know what it takes to lose the weight, you've done it before and you can do it again.

We'll be following along. Please keep us posted and stick around.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-15-2012, 04:06 PM
BeanBabe's Avatar
BeanBabe BeanBabe is offline
Mom & Athlete Extraordinaire - Selena
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Facebook: Selena Bean
Posts: 1,139
Default

Good luck on your weight loss, and don't give up on yourself. I hope that you find the self love you are looking for.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Fleur's Avatar
Fleur Fleur is offline
WBFF Pro - Fleur De Kine
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hartford, CT
Facebook: fleuryvette
Twitter: fleuryvette
Posts: 2,025
Default

Hey! Welcome! That's an intense story. I hope that you find a lot of support here and get comfortable. Looking forward to your story as it goes!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-15-2012, 04:12 PM
NYCStrongFox's Avatar
NYCStrongFox NYCStrongFox is offline
NPC Bodybuilder - Melody
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Big Apple
Posts: 6,917
Default

Trish, I'm sure it took a lot of strenght for you to come on and post what you've been going through. I'm sorry you've gone through a lot, but at the same time, life is full of lessons. The first person who needs to be happy is you. You need to put yourself first and think about the things that make you happy, set up a plan with small goals and take it one day at a time.

Life gets tough, Lord knows I've had my share and so many here too. You have it in you, it may be deep down, but you have it in you to take a little step here and there and make the changes that will make TRISH happy. Try to go back to some of the things you've enjoyed doing. Focus on getting healthy, not stage ready. Your mental health is important, so work on the little things that make you happy, then look to do something different to help with your physical health. Finding buddies that want to walk several miles a day/week, seek workout videos you can do at home if you don't want to go to the gym. Little steps, little goals, some motivational reading (like here on SC.com), surrounding yourself with supportive and positive friends and family can be a good start.

SC.com is family and after a while away too, i still have my friends here and I see the support for each other STILL exists. One day at a time my friend.
__________________
The winner is willing to do what the loser won't!
Winners never quit - Quitters never win!

Fitness Factory Chica!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-15-2012, 04:38 PM
ShawnCarla's Avatar
ShawnCarla ShawnCarla is offline
IFBB Pro - Shawn Hektor
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 6,205
Default

I think we all have gone through the mental struggle you have at one point or another. I think we can all relate to what you're feeling as well. All hope is not lost and you are not alone! There are many days I ask myself why I do all of this.. I fall off the wagon and I feel like absolute dog sh*t mentally and physically when I do.
This site is full of ladies who will support you when you feel like giving up. I know coming here keeps me pushing forward. I know what the alternative is and its no more fun or enjoyable.
So I'm glad you had the courage to stand up and say that you're not going to deal with that crap anymore! We are here to help push you as hard as you need us to!
__________________





‎"Just because you get the puppy dog with the biggest feet doesn't mean he'll grow up to be the best hunting dog," -Nick Saban


Twitter: @ShawnCarla
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-15-2012, 04:50 PM
LaurenFazio's Avatar
LaurenFazio LaurenFazio is offline
Moderator
CBBF Bikini Competitor - Lauren Fazio
AMAZEBALLS!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Twitter: LaurenFazio
Instagram: laurenlfazio
Posts: 5,399
Default

Welcome! Thank you for sharing that.

Good luck with your journey, you can do it SC is the best place for motivation and support.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-15-2012, 05:12 PM
MicheleW's Avatar
MicheleW MicheleW is offline
3x Figure Pro - Michele Welcome
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 906
Default

Wow, that took an amazing amount of courage to share. Most people wait until they reach their goal weight to share where they started so I admire you for putting yourself out there as you begin your journey. And I say BEGIN because posting here was the first step for you to get healthy.....since your #1 goal right now should be health not what a boyfriend thinks, not what size that will be, or anything of the like. I wish you the very best
__________________
FOLLOW MY BLOG! http://blog.michelewelcome.com

*NEW Facebook ATHLETE PAGE!: www.facebook.com/FigureProMicheleWelcome
Visit me at www.michelewelcome.com and sign my guest book
Twitter: @MicheleWelcome
Instagram: @MicheleWelcome
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Damzie's Avatar
Damzie Damzie is offline
NPC Bikini Competitor - Destiny
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,649
Default

Just wanted to say hello and wish you well on your journey. I think the fact that you showed up here puts you in a much more advantageous place than many women who need to lose weight. There's so much terrible information out there about how to be healthy and how to lose weight. This is a place where you can get really, really good information. So, take advantage of all the giving souls here who will be more than willing to help you along the way.

You got this, girl!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-15-2012, 05:57 PM
MrsFluffyBunny's Avatar
MrsFluffyBunny MrsFluffyBunny is offline
Moderator
CBBF Figure Competitor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 8,175
Default

Trish, welcome back!

You're not a failure. You're 100% completely, absolutely normal. Don't let anyone, most especially that little voice in your head, tell you different.

I'll be following along, but wanted to direct you to the threads in this forum:
http://www.siouxcountry.com/forumdisplay.php?f=278

And to this thread on emotional eating:
http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=20093

to provide you with some food for thought or soul food (because right now it's your spirit that needs nourishing, right? )

Take care.
__________________
"Never esteem anything as of advantage to you that will make you break your word or lose your self-respect." Marcus Aurelius Antoninus, Meditations
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Suzanne's Avatar
Suzanne Suzanne is offline
NPC Bodybuilder - Suzanne Germano
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: How Bad Do You Want It!! Do You Belive!
Posts: 8,848
Default

My heart goes out to you. I know the feeling of wanting to hide and not be seen.

Everyone's experience is different but for me very small changes in the beginning is what i feel kept me from falling off the plan. Once I started my weight loss in 1995 i never reverted back and gained any weight. I did have a couple years where I maintained my weight since I could not get to the gym due to school and work (bus only runs so many hours training at 4 am is not an option)

My personal belief in why people can't stay on course is many programs or triners for weight loss make too many huge changes all at once and it isnt' something that can be a lifestyle.

During my weight loos i never felt like i was dieting i never felt deprived therefore I was able to stay the course

I started extremely simple
got rid of sugar soda - since i took the bus i was often waiting at bus stops 15-60 minutes so i had gotten into the habit of going into 7-11 or fast food and getting a huge soda. I got rid of that switched to ice

i started eating more and more at home

of course the first year or so weight loss was slow as it was a learning curve but each change was something i could stick with

I never owned a scale to weigh myself until i started competing

I never counted calories or weighed my food until i had lost all the weight and started competing

I made the most progress once i read body for life that is when i went to 6 meals and more structured on the food but still no calories or weighing

i ate out but knew how to make things "cleaner"

I made very small goals of going down once clothing size i did not look at the big picture for me that would have been too overwhelming

Agian this is what my personal experience was maybe some of this can help you reach your goals
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-15-2012, 06:33 PM
Trish's Avatar
Trish Trish is offline
Trish
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 997
Default THANK YOU

I just logged in to take a peak and I really really appreicate all the support. and every single persons reply.


I am looking forward to making small steps.
__________________
Stop by my Journal
http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=1230
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-15-2012, 09:23 PM
'Lil Dynamo's Avatar
'Lil Dynamo 'Lil Dynamo is offline
NPC Figure Competitor - Stacy Reese
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,942
Default

Hi Trish! Welcome back Thanks for sharing with us because I know it wasn't easy to do that. You're in a good place for motivation and support!
__________________
“The Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.”
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-15-2012, 10:27 PM
fitbecks fitbecks is offline
Beckie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wellington,New Zealand
Facebook: FitKiwiFitness
Twitter: @FitKiwi
Posts: 253
Default

Trish,don't give up! I've been through 2 breakdowns but what kept me going was courage and willpower,you still have that,even though you are where you are now.

Baby steps...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-15-2012, 11:49 PM
johnstoa's Avatar
johnstoa johnstoa is offline
Alexandra
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vero Beach Florida
Posts: 1,023
Default

Hi Trish

I admire you for coming forward and sharing your story. I know that had to be very difficult, but I think you will feel a weight has been lifted by just getting it out. I know that this forum has a lot of wonderful women and men who offer a great deal of support and seem to take great joy in lifting women up. Definitely don't give up on yourself, deep down you already know that you can do anything you set your mind and heart to. Good luck to you and I look forward to hearing how you come back stronger than ever before.
__________________
Alexandra Johnston
Every choice we make can either enhance our Spirit or drain it.

“Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.” ― Brené Brown
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-16-2012, 01:54 AM
LauraHowell's Avatar
LauraHowell LauraHowell is offline
UFE Competitor - Laura
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit, MI
Facebook: Laura Howell
Posts: 308
Default

Trish,

Beautiful, real honesty. It was very courageous to make the commitment to keep going. You know you have support here. Onward and upward, and I believe your on your way back up.
__________________
Laura Howell
Certified Personal Trainer


Website: nomoreexcusespersonaltraining.com
Facebook: No More Excuses Personal Training/ Laura Howell
Journal: ''Laura's Tall Tale''

~People these days are always trying to BE SOMEONE~ they should be trying to DO SOMETHING~ Margaret Thatcher
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-16-2012, 05:46 AM
IslandGirl's Avatar
IslandGirl IslandGirl is offline
IFBB Pro - Tracy Bodner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9,382
Default

Hi Trish! Welcome home! It's so great to see you!

That did take a lot of courage to write out and submit. That was the first step.

As a few of the ladies here mentioned...baby steps. One foot in front of the other (ok, that sounds corny, but oh so true!), keep moving forward.

Set little mini goals for yourself. Check them off when you achieve them. Pat yourself on the back. Give yourself credit! Always acknowledge that you are a special person!

You can do this!
__________________


♥ ☆ ♥*´¨`*•.¸♥ Dynamite Comes in Small Packages ♥¸.•*´¨`*♥ ☆ ♥


Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-16-2012, 02:23 PM
figurefelicia's Avatar
figurefelicia figurefelicia is offline
IFPA Pro - Felicia Hewitt
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,509
Default

Trish, welcome back! I'm so glad you came here to start over. I can't imagine how hard it was for you to be so vulnerable and authentic, but you've done it in a great place - and in my opinion, the best place. I will echo what every one else has said and encourage small, accomplishable goals instead of huge, overwhelming, sweeping changes. Very honored to be a part of your journey and follow along!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-16-2012, 03:18 PM
ripitupbaby's Avatar
ripitupbaby ripitupbaby is offline
Moderator
IFBB Pro - Lori Steele
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 5,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCStrongFox View Post
Trish, I'm sure it took a lot of strenght for you to come on and post what you've been going through. I'm sorry you've gone through a lot, but at the same time, life is full of lessons. The first person who needs to be happy is you. You need to put yourself first and think about the things that make you happy, set up a plan with small goals and take it one day at a time.

Life gets tough, Lord knows I've had my share and so many here too. You have it in you, it may be deep down, but you have it in you to take a little step here and there and make the changes that will make TRISH happy. Try to go back to some of the things you've enjoyed doing. Focus on getting healthy, not stage ready. Your mental health is important, so work on the little things that make you happy, then look to do something different to help with your physical health. Finding buddies that want to walk several miles a day/week, seek workout videos you can do at home if you don't want to go to the gym. Little steps, little goals, some motivational reading (like here on SC.com), surrounding yourself with supportive and positive friends and family can be a good start.

SC.com is family and after a while away too, i still have my friends here and I see the support for each other STILL exists. One day at a time my friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnCarla View Post
I think we all have gone through the mental struggle you have at one point or another. I think we can all relate to what you're feeling as well. All hope is not lost and you are not alone! There are many days I ask myself why I do all of this.. I fall off the wagon and I feel like absolute dog sh*t mentally and physically when I do.
This site is full of ladies who will support you when you feel like giving up. I know coming here keeps me pushing forward. I know what the alternative is and its no more fun or enjoyable.
So I'm glad you had the courage to stand up and say that you're not going to deal with that crap anymore! We are here to help push you as hard as you need us to!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystol88 View Post
Trish, welcome back!

You're not a failure. You're 100% completely, absolutely normal. Don't let anyone, most especially that little voice in your head, tell you different.

I'll be following along, but wanted to direct you to the threads in this forum:
http://www.siouxcountry.com/forumdisplay.php?f=278

And to this thread on emotional eating:
http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=20093

to provide you with some food for thought or soul food (because right now it's your spirit that needs nourishing, right? )

Take care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
My heart goes out to you. I know the feeling of wanting to hide and not be seen.

Everyone's experience is different but for me very small changes in the beginning is what i feel kept me from falling off the plan. Once I started my weight loss in 1995 i never reverted back and gained any weight. I did have a couple years where I maintained my weight since I could not get to the gym due to school and work (bus only runs so many hours training at 4 am is not an option)

My personal belief in why people can't stay on course is many programs or triners for weight loss make too many huge changes all at once and it isnt' something that can be a lifestyle.

During my weight loos i never felt like i was dieting i never felt deprived therefore I was able to stay the course

I started extremely simple
got rid of sugar soda - since i took the bus i was often waiting at bus stops 15-60 minutes so i had gotten into the habit of going into 7-11 or fast food and getting a huge soda. I got rid of that switched to ice

i started eating more and more at home

of course the first year or so weight loss was slow as it was a learning curve but each change was something i could stick with

I never owned a scale to weigh myself until i started competing

I never counted calories or weighed my food until i had lost all the weight and started competing

I made the most progress once i read body for life that is when i went to 6 meals and more structured on the food but still no calories or weighing

i ate out but knew how to make things "cleaner"

I made very small goals of going down once clothing size i did not look at the big picture for me that would have been too overwhelming

Agian this is what my personal experience was maybe some of this can help you reach your goals








Welcome back!



__________________
Team Siouxcountry!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-16-2012, 04:11 PM
lil mama's Avatar
lil mama lil mama is offline
IFBB Pro - Beni Lopez
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,597
Default

Welcome back Trish good to have you aboard I agree with all the ladies who posted above me. Especially with what Susie Q said cause thats pretty much how I went about it so just know ya have it in you to be as successful as you want...its in ya so have to believe ya can do it so be good to your body and soul and it will good too you lator gator
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:21 AM.

...

Moderators

Becca Staggs
......Website
Dvsness
LaurenFazio
......Website
MrsFluffyBunny
Ripitupbaby
......Website

Forum Moderators

....

Administrators

Siouxcountry


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.