Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Chat & Introduction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chat & Introduction We chat about everything, and anything. Stop on in and introduce yourself.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-15-2012, 01:50 AM
BrookeMerritt's Avatar
BrookeMerritt BrookeMerritt is offline
Brooke
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 9
Default New Here!

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. My name is Brooke and I am competing in my very first figure competition this August. I went from running marathons to suddenly wanting to change my body with weights last fall. This past year has been one of the hardest and rewarding years of my life. I am a mom to 2 little kids (4 & 1). I don't know any competitors in real life, so this whole process has left me feeling very alone. I do have a coach, but he lives a few states away so we skype every month. My husband lifts, but sometimes it would be nice to talk to other girls who know what i'm going through. Anyways, I am so excited to have found this site and just wanted to say hello! I'm adding a few pics to show my progress from last year to this year. I know i still have a long ways to go, but am loving the changes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0507.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	68332  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0505.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	68333  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1030.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	68334  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1047.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	68335  

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-15-2012, 02:16 AM
MGreene's Avatar
MGreene MGreene is offline
Figure Competitor - Michelle
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 538
Default

Welcome!!! You have come a long way,,congrats!! What show are you doing?
__________________
Michelle Greene


www.getfitwithgreene.com

~Follow my training journal~
http://siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=19768
Twitter @FitMomMichelle
Web www.getfitwithgreene.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-15-2012, 02:19 AM
BrookeMerritt's Avatar
BrookeMerritt BrookeMerritt is offline
Brooke
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 9
Default

I am doing the Muscle Heat Competition in Greensboro, NC. I am SUPER nervous, but excited too.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-15-2012, 02:34 AM
buffbabeGA's Avatar
buffbabeGA buffbabeGA is offline
Emily
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Plano,TX
Facebook: eschneider6?r
Posts: 1,162
Default

Welcome to the boards.. best board around for supporting women in the industry. I am from Georgia too. I live in Marietta and my husband competes. Will you be going to the Georgia State show next month??
__________________
I'm his bunny and he loves me....

My Betters better then your better.....

""Before you begin a thing remind yourself that difficulties and delays quite impossible to foresee are ahead...You can only see one thing clearly, and that is your goal. Form a mental vision of that and cling to it through thick and thin."

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-15-2012, 02:47 AM
Siouxcountry's Avatar
Siouxcountry Siouxcountry is offline
Administrator
Jason
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA
Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry
Posts: 59,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookeMerritt View Post
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. My name is Brooke and I am competing in my very first figure competition this August. I went from running marathons to suddenly wanting to change my body with weights last fall. This past year has been one of the hardest and rewarding years of my life. I am a mom to 2 little kids (4 & 1). I don't know any competitors in real life, so this whole process has left me feeling very alone. I do have a coach, but he lives a few states away so we skype every month. My husband lifts, but sometimes it would be nice to talk to other girls who know what i'm going through. Anyways, I am so excited to have found this site and just wanted to say hello! I'm adding a few pics to show my progress from last year to this year. I know i still have a long ways to go, but am loving the changes.
You have come to the right board, many of the members here joined us before competing in their first show. Make yourself at home, get to know everyone. Many of the regular members have journals, feel free to follow a few that interest you. Nice progress!
__________________
Make me feel popular and follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on
Twitter!

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-15-2012, 03:32 AM
fitcrazy's Avatar
fitcrazy fitcrazy is offline
IFBB Pro - Viko Newman
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 1,458
Default

Welcome and have fun competing!!!
__________________
2013 is the year of the Snake!
Its gonna be a wonderful year!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-15-2012, 04:51 AM
Fleur's Avatar
Fleur Fleur is offline
WBFF Pro - Fleur De Kine
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hartford, CT
Facebook: fleuryvette
Twitter: fleuryvette
Posts: 2,025
Default

HI! Welcome!! You have definetly come a long way!
__________________
Owner of KINE House a styling and creative direction company.

Instagram
http://instagram.com/fleuryvette

Twitter? Sometimes I tweet, sometimes I'm a twa.. oh.
www.twitter.com/fleuryvette

I gots a journal too:
http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=13893
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-15-2012, 12:10 PM
BrookeMerritt's Avatar
BrookeMerritt BrookeMerritt is offline
Brooke
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffbabeGA View Post
Welcome to the boards.. best board around for supporting women in the industry. I am from Georgia too. I live in Marietta and my husband competes. Will you be going to the Georgia State show next month??
Where is it at? I would love to attend and watch! Since i don't know any competitors i don't know of any local shows. I searched but found none. I only know of the ones my coach is putting on in North Carolina. We live in Augusta, so right on the border of South Carolin.

Thank you everyone! Right now i've been going through alot because I am 10 weeks out from the show and my coach wants to start seeing me drop some weight. I was building muscle at first, so he wasn't too concerned with the scale. I do cardio twice a day (morning/night for 30 min) along with my weights and eat almost 1900 cals a day. It's like pulling teeth to get the scale to budge even though I'm getting so tight and smaller. Mentally, it's just frustrating when i stay so strict with everything But i'm still trucking along!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Siouxcountry's Avatar
Siouxcountry Siouxcountry is offline
Administrator
Jason
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA
Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry
Posts: 59,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookeMerritt View Post
Where is it at? I would love to attend and watch! Since i don't know any competitors i don't know of any local shows. I searched but found none. I only know of the ones my coach is putting on in North Carolina. We live in Augusta, so right on the border of South Carolin.

Thank you everyone! Right now i've been going through alot because I am 10 weeks out from the show and my coach wants to start seeing me drop some weight. I was building muscle at first, so he wasn't too concerned with the scale. I do cardio twice a day (morning/night for 30 min) along with my weights and eat almost 1900 cals a day. It's like pulling teeth to get the scale to budge even though I'm getting so tight and smaller. Mentally, it's just frustrating when i stay so strict with everything But i'm still trucking along!
I would be careful. No need to do anything extreme in order to be ready for the August show. Plenty of shows in the fall if you are not ready.
__________________
Make me feel popular and follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on
Twitter!

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-15-2012, 01:29 PM
LaurenFazio's Avatar
LaurenFazio LaurenFazio is offline
Moderator
CBBF Bikini Competitor - Lauren Fazio
AMAZEBALLS!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Twitter: LaurenFazio
Instagram: laurenlfazio
Posts: 5,399
Default

Welcome girl! Great progress!!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-15-2012, 01:57 PM
dragonflysteph's Avatar
dragonflysteph dragonflysteph is offline
NPC Figure Competitor - Stephanie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North Georgia
Facebook: dragonflysteph
Posts: 745
Default

Welcome!
__________________
My Journal: Outta My Head

A river cuts through a rock, not because of its power but its persistance ~Jim Watkins.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Playswithrocks's Avatar
Playswithrocks Playswithrocks is offline
Nichole
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,333
Default

Welcome Great progress you've made for yourself. You have certainly come to the right place to find other competitors and learn more about what to expect.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-15-2012, 05:28 PM
kmcduffie's Avatar
kmcduffie kmcduffie is offline
NPC Bikini Competitor - Kadie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 947
Default

Welcome!!

I'm from GA as well. Further south than Augusta.
Great progress so far!!
__________________

Check me out on FB!

IG: @kdmcduffie
Twitter: @kadiemcduffie
2012-13 TMarie Suits Sponsored Athlete
Formutech Nutrition Sponsored Athlete
I'm a B.A.M.F.
Team BAMF Coach

Team Total Package Athlete
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:33 AM.

...

Moderators

Becca Staggs
......Website
Dvsness
LaurenFazio
......Website
MrsFluffyBunny
Ripitupbaby
......Website

Forum Moderators

....

Administrators

Siouxcountry


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.