Siouxcountry.com

Old 07-13-2008, 11:35 AM
NPC Bodybuilder - Yetta

Question Rhinestoning Posing Suits

I am considering adding more bling to my black suit (AB crystals or more clear ones) and getting a blinky two piece for next year because I plan on doing a National Qualifer and if I qualify (yeah I know wishful thinking) then I won't have to buy a National level suit. I'm not creative, but I think I can do a little something with my black one piece suit. I don't trust myself trying to be creative with red one, plus the butt is a little big and the cut of the suit doesn't complement my black one. If my funds are tight then I may have to make do with the red one again. So my question is I am confused on what size rhinestone to get. What is the standard size to use? I don't even have a clue what size is on my black suit? I was think of making little clusters of ab crystals around the scattered rhinestones on the suit.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:50 AM
IFBB Pro - Kristin Nunn

Don't have any ideas but wanted to say thanks for the referral the other day!
Old 07-13-2008, 11:53 AM
NPC Bodybuilder - Yetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin View Post
Don't have any ideas but wanted to say thanks for the referral the other day!
Oh you welcome! Did you book a shoot with Danny yet? He's great to work with. You pick the location and he's there.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:19 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Danielle

I stoned both my 1pc and 2pc suits for my first competition. In total, it took me about 20+ hours to complete the task. Keep in mind...I bought my suits without any stoning at all.

I used a glue called E6000

You can purchase stones online for reasonable prices. Check this site our for price estimates. This site has a pop-up window that compares rhinestone sizes, which should prove to be helpful.

http://www.rhinestones4less.com/index.asp

You are going to want to stretch you material when you are gluing the stones. I did not have a proper form or mannequin, so I just stretched my suit over a wooden cutting board. This worked well for me.

It can be tricky to transfer the stones to the application area. So I used crayons as my transfer tool. The wax on the crayons sticks and lifts the rhinestones...it's a trick that saved me a lot of time!

I hope this helps.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:28 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Yetta

Wow, you are very creative with your approach. Thank you so much for the detailed info on what I need inorder to do this and the website! I am kinda hestitant to start this because I clutz and can see myself getting glue and crystals all over the damn place! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxybr189 View Post
I stoned both my 1pc and 2pc suits for my first competition. In total, it took me about 20+ hours to complete the task. Keep in mind...I bought my suits without any stoning at all.

I used a glue called E6000

You can purchase stones online for reasonable prices. Check this site our for price estimates. This site has a pop-up window that compares rhinestone sizes, which should prove to be helpful.

http://www.rhinestones4less.com/index.asp

You are going to want to stretch you material when you are gluing the stones. I did not have a proper form or mannequin, so I just stretched my suit over a wooden cutting board. This worked well for me.

It can be tricky to transfer the stones to the application area. So I used crayons as my transfer tool. The wax on the crayons sticks and lifts the rhinestones...it's a trick that saved me a lot of time!

I hope this helps.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:40 PM

I get to be a bit obsessive when it comes to project of that detail. I used a toothpick to lay the dabs of glue down on my suit. I wanted to ensure that there was no excess of glue that could be visible once I applied the stones. I will not be so anal about this next time around.

I just purchased two suits made from one of the top suit designers. The suits are absolutely gorgeous. After looking at the stoning in more detail, there was visible glue around each of the stones and not all of the stones were applied symmetrically. Anyhow, the point is that there were so many stones and, from a close distance, the suit still looks spectacular.

I think you will do a great job at decorating your suit. Just figure out your designs first by only laying down the stones. Once you have agreed on the layout, get to gluin'!
Old 07-13-2008, 12:55 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Yetta

Thanx, girl. One of my friend's told me that she applied glue with toothpicks, too. That's good to know that I don't need to try apply them symmetrically...but I want to be as close as possible. It is true from the stage it's just straight up bling, but I want the bling to make sense not just randomness. Ugh...I'm lazy...we'll see what happens.

I was tempted to just leave the black one alone for now and buy a new blingy two piece and call it a day, but if I can get use out of it for one more show with some added extra bling I might as well do so. And if the funds are tight like it was this year then I may have to make do and hope and pray I don't fuck the suit up! lol Tye crazy thing is wanted to be a fashion designer and drew a lot of fashions when I was younger, but I lost the gift after not using it for a while. Maybe my creative juices will come back.

What about stone sizes? Is there a standard size to go with?

Quote:
I get to be a bit obsessive when it comes to project of that detail. I used a toothpick to lay the dabs of glue down on my suit. I wanted to ensure that there was no excess of glue that could be visible once I applied the stones. I will not be so anal about this next time around.

I just purchased two suits made from one of the top suit designers. The suits are absolutely gorgeous. After looking at the stoning in more detail, there was visible glue around each of the stones and not all of the stones were applied symmetrically. Anyhow, the point is that there were so many stones and, from a close distance, the suit still looks spectacular.

I think you will do a great job at decorating your suit. Just figure out your designs first by only laying down the stones. Once you have agreed on the layout, get to gluin'!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:52 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Jodie Bruce

Facebook: JodieBruce

You won't find glue oozing out from my rhinestones on my suits. That is just nasty and tacky.

Anyways...Use E6000 as your glue. go to www.dreamtimecreations.com to purchase your stones as she has THE BEST prices when you are not having to buy in bulk like I have too.

You'll want to get flatbacks in sizes 30ss, 20ss or 16ss. 16's are very small and can be a pain in the ass to work with. You can of coarse go larger than the 30's, but your suit looks like it has 30's and 20's on it.

I squeeze a small amount of glue on to a tupperware lid, have a pair of needle nose tweezers and pick up the stone with those. Dip in glue and apply. You have to work fairly quick since the glue dries fast.

www.fitweardesigns.com

facebook.com/fitweardesigns
Old 07-13-2008, 03:47 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Aletha

Lady,
You can do anything when you set your mind to it. We have some great experts here and I'm always blessed to hear folks like Jodie and Foxy share their experience. Good luck!
Old 07-13-2008, 03:55 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Yetta

Thank you, thank you so much for the info and the link to the site! I just went on and they have a measuring size chart for the rhine stones and the ones are ranging from 16, 18 and 30 being the I guess I can't be exact. ///Here is a photo of my two piece, which really needs some serious bling.

As you can see the stones are as tiny and the scattered rhinestones on my black, well actually they are slightly bigger on the black suit. Ugh! Now I am confused again. lol I want to make sure I get the right sizes. I will check to site to see if they have a return policy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB001 View Post
You won't find glue oozing out from my rhinestones on my suits. That is just nasty and tacky.

Anyways...Use E6000 as your glue. go to www.dreamtimecreations.com to purchase your stones as she has THE BEST prices when you are not having to buy in bulk like I have too.

You'll want to get flatbacks in sizes 30ss, 20ss or 16ss. 16's are very small and can be a pain in the ass to work with. You can of coarse go larger than the 30's, but your suit looks like it has 30's and 20's on it.

I squeeze a small amount of glue on to a tupperware lid, have a pair of needle nose tweezers and pick up the stone with those. Dip in glue and apply. You have to work fairly quick since the glue dries fast.

Last edited by yettamae : 07-13-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:58 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Yetta

Thanx girl for the encouragement! I am happy I found this site everyone has been so helpful and supportive here! I am looking at my red two piece now. I thinking maybe I could try and bling it up myself and get use out of it for another show, then invest in a better one later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aletha View Post
Lady,
You can do anything when you set your mind to it. We have some great experts here and I'm always blessed to hear folks like Jodie and Foxy share their experience. Good luck!
Old 07-13-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yettamae View Post
Thank you, thank you so much for the info and the link to the site! I just went on and they have a measuring size chart for the rhine stones and the ones are ranging from 16, 18 and 30 being the I guess I can't be exact. ///Here is a photo of my two piece, which really needs some serious bling.

As you can see the stones are as tiny and the scattered rhinestones on my black, well actually they are slightly bigger on the black suit. Ugh! Now I am confused again. lol I want to make sure I get the right sizes. I will check to site to see if they have a return policy.
On your black one...add 20's to the body of the suit. That fabric already has glitter in it, so it will pop some anyways. (It looks like 30's on the edges of the suit, then comes into 20's as you go into the body of the suit)

The red one...add 20's. The edge without any on the top, add there, then sprinkle them on the cups. Then bling the neck strap and back strap. Add all the way around the bottoms and sprinkle on the crotch and butt area. Lots you can do with the red suit.

I swear I just need to take up orders when I do my rhinestone order. I get them for so much cheaper. But I have to buy in 10 gross at a time per package on the 20's and 2.5 gross on the 30'ss. I always forget what my costs are. grrr

www.fitweardesigns.com

Old 07-13-2008, 05:45 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Yetta

Thank you so much for your help and for the ideas! I appreciate it so much! I found a more elaborate chart on the site. I measured the stones on the black that are sprinkled throughout the suit and they are 16 exact and on the red that is outlining the suit is 16-17ish of red and clear crystals. So what I may do it order 20's and 16's in the clear and 16's in the red. What do you think about AB crystals? They were recommended to me from a friend who did her blinged her own suits from her shows. She told me that it would give my uits just enough of a reflection of color to catch the eye. I think they might clash because I don't have any on neither of my suits.

You'd think you it would be cheapier to buy in bulk, but I guess they know they will make more money off suit designers because you have to buy in bulk. Insane. I have seen your site and you have some beautiful suits!

Quote:
On your black one...add 20's to the body of the suit. That fabric already has glitter in it, so it will pop some anyways. (It looks like 30's on the edges of the suit, then comes into 20's as you go into the body of the suit)

The red one...add 20's. The edge without any on the top, add there, then sprinkle them on the cups. Then bling the neck strap and back strap. Add all the way around the bottoms and sprinkle on the crotch and butt area. Lots you can do with the red suit.

I swear I just need to take up orders when I do my rhinestone order. I get them for so much cheaper. But I have to buy in 10 gross at a time per package on the 20's and 2.5 gross on the 30'ss. I always forget what my costs are. grrr
Old 07-13-2008, 05:58 PM

Thank you. Most on there are my older stuff. Just waiting on my webmaster to finish my updates for me. They've hosted and designed my site for free since its a friend, so I have to be patient on updates. lol Paying customers come first is what I always tell him.

Myself, I don't like mixing the two, but you can, just looks kinda odd to e so I tend to stay with whatever I started with. Now you can do the reds in AB. The AB stones tend to grab/reflect the colors around them. wow...they don't look like 16's in the pics. Thought they were bigger.

www.fitweardesigns.com

Old 07-13-2008, 06:21 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Yetta

I agree paying customers do come first! Keep me posted on updates I would love to see more of your work. I think the mixing of the two look odd, too. The red that is outlined on the red isn't AB, so I'm just going to keep it uniform.

Yeah the rhinestones on the black are 16s and red suits rhinestones are 20's. I do agree they do look bigger in the photo! I am looking at it now and you can see that the scattered ones are a little smaller. You'd think the designer would have used bigger stones instead of small ones. I could add clusters around of 16s to make them rhinestones pop out more. I was thinking little clusters of 3s or 4s.
Quote:
Thank you. Most on there are my older stuff. Just waiting on my webmaster to finish my updates for me. They've hosted and designed my site for free since its a friend, so I have to be patient on updates. lol Paying customers come first is what I always tell him.

Myself, I don't like mixing the two, but you can, just looks kinda odd to e so I tend to stay with whatever I started with. Now you can do the reds in AB. The AB stones tend to grab/reflect the colors around them. wow...they don't look like 16's in the pics. Thought they were bigger.

Last edited by yettamae : 07-13-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:27 PM

Clusters would be nice too!

www.fitweardesigns.com

Old 07-13-2008, 06:36 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Yetta

Quote:
Clusters would be nice too!
Yeah I think that would definately make the rhinestones pop out more and give even more of a bling factor. Thank you so much again for the ideas. Hopefully the suits will come out o.k.

Last edited by yettamae : 07-13-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:21 PM

Please post the pics of the finished product!
Old 07-13-2008, 11:56 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Yetta

Quote:
Please post the pics of the finished product!
I sure will!