Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Training & Nutrition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training & Nutrition Discuss training & nutrition. Off season or prep.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:45 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Jessica

Question favorite creatine w/o the bloat

Morning, so i am going to begin taking creatine the first of oct. and i have used Cell-mass last year and liked but its pretty pricey and you have to take it twice a day.

Was hoping to get ideas for other creatine products that you all have taken that was just as good and didn't give you the bloat.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:25 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Cydney

I love Full Blown Extreme by MaxMuscle. Most people have never heard of it. I never got bloated. I still used it during my contest prep till week 4 or 6, cannot recall of the top of my head. But I still used it for the greater part of my training. And never experienced any bloating or excess water weight.
You must decide for yourself who you want to be and how you want to live life. The universe will send you all the necessary tools and gifts needed to be that person. But it is up to you to be the greatness you say you are and be responsible to it.

www.RDFinders.com
http://rdfinders.com/tmp/
Cydney C Walker, MS, RD, cpt
RD Finders and Personal Training
Curing injuries and balancing my abs - New blog - RDFinders.com/tmp
Old 09-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Vanessa Adams-Pierce

I use Prolab's creatine monohydrate - it's CreaPure, so it's guaranteed for purity. Creatine holds water intramuscularly, not subcutaneously.

'Bloat' is generally an issue of dosage, not product. The 5g suggested maintenance dose is based on studies performed on 200 lb males. Based on that, it is prudent to dose it at 1g per 40m lbs of BW.

Old 09-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Photographer - Maryann Glascock

Try a creatine ethyl esther (CEE)
Many people that have problems w/ bloating on monohydrate are good with CEE.

I use this one:
https://www.theafstore.com/product.p...1&cat=6&page=1

Photographer
Muscle Madam
Schmoe Ho
Old 09-20-2008, 11:23 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - KristenAnn

I use ON's instantized BCAA+Creatine. I don't bloat from it and it tastes just like Tang!
Old 09-21-2008, 03:08 AM
Figure Competitor - Angela

The best creatine I've used is Pumped Extreme by Truly huge. The pumps are great and no loading phase is required, I literally saw noticeable results with one use. Also, no side effects as with other creatine products. Information on this site can further help with understanding the product.
http://www.trulyhuge.com/creatine.htm.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:27 AM
Banned

I have used Creatine Monohydrate. No2 and CE2 are also good.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:51 PM

Thanks for all the in put has any one tried Vassive-CE by Optiumum Nutrition?
Old 09-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Vanessa Adams-Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgergrl View Post
Try a creatine ethyl esther (CEE)
Many people that have problems w/ bloating on monohydrate are good with CEE.

I use this one:
https://www.theafstore.com/product.p...1&cat=6&page=1
Creatine ethyl ester rapidly degrades to creatinine in stomach acid

Child R1 and Tallon MJ2

1Department of Life Sciences, Kingston University, Penrhyn Rd, Kingston-upon-Thames, United Kingdom. 2University of Northumbria, Sport Sciences, Northumbria University, Northumberland Building, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, DrChild@CR-Technologies.net

Creatine ethyl ester (CEE) is a commercially available synthetic creatine that is now widely used in dietary supplements. It comprises of creatine with an ethyl group attached and this molecular configuration is reported to provide several advantages over creatine monohydrate (CM). The Medical Research Institute (CA, USA) claim that the CEE in their product (CE2) provides greater solubility in lipids, leading to improved absorption. Similarly San (San Corporation, CA, USA) claim that the CEE in their product (San CM2 Alpha) avoids the breakdown of creatine to creatinine in stomach acids. Ultimately it is claimed that CEE products provide greater absorption and efficacy than CM. To date, none of these claims have been evaluated by an independent, or university laboratory and no comparative data are available on CEE and CM.

This study assessed the availability of creatine from three commercial creatine products during degradation in acidic conditions similar to those that occur in the stomach. They comprised of two products containing CEE (San CM2 Alpha and CE2) and commercially available CM (Creapure?). An independent laboratory, using testing guidelines recommended by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP), performed the analysis. Each product was incubated in 900ml of pH 1 HCL at 37? 1oC and samples where drawn at 5, 30 and 120 minutes. Creatine availability was assessed by immediately assaying for free creatine, CEE and the creatine breakdown product creatinine, using HPLC (UV)

After 30 minutes incubation only 73% of the initial CEE present was available from CE2, while the amount of CEE available from San CM2 Alpha was even lower at only 62%. In contrast, more than 99% of the creatine remained available from the CM product. These reductions in CEE availability were accompanied by substantial creatinine formation, without the appearance of free creatine. After 120minutes incubation 72% of the CEE was available from CE2 with only 11% available from San CM2 Alpha, while more than 99% of the creatine remained available from CM.

CEE is claimed to provide several advantages over CM because of increased solubility and stability. In practice, the addition of the ethyl group to creatine actually reduces acid stability and accelerates its breakdown to creatinine. This substantially reduces creatine availability in its esterified form and as a consequence creatines such as San CM2 and CE2 are inferior to CM as a source of free creatine.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
Creatine ethyl ester rapidly degrades to creatinine in stomach acid

Child R1 and Tallon MJ2

1Department of Life Sciences, Kingston University, Penrhyn Rd, Kingston-upon-Thames, United Kingdom. 2University of Northumbria, Sport Sciences, Northumbria University, Northumberland Building, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, DrChild@CR-Technologies.net

Creatine ethyl ester (CEE) is a commercially available synthetic creatine that is now widely used in dietary supplements. It comprises of creatine with an ethyl group attached and this molecular configuration is reported to provide several advantages over creatine monohydrate (CM). The Medical Research Institute (CA, USA) claim that the CEE in their product (CE2) provides greater solubility in lipids, leading to improved absorption. Similarly San (San Corporation, CA, USA) claim that the CEE in their product (San CM2 Alpha) avoids the breakdown of creatine to creatinine in stomach acids. Ultimately it is claimed that CEE products provide greater absorption and efficacy than CM. To date, none of these claims have been evaluated by an independent, or university laboratory and no comparative data are available on CEE and CM.

This study assessed the availability of creatine from three commercial creatine products during degradation in acidic conditions similar to those that occur in the stomach. They comprised of two products containing CEE (San CM2 Alpha and CE2) and commercially available CM (Creapure?). An independent laboratory, using testing guidelines recommended by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP), performed the analysis. Each product was incubated in 900ml of pH 1 HCL at 37? 1oC and samples where drawn at 5, 30 and 120 minutes. Creatine availability was assessed by immediately assaying for free creatine, CEE and the creatine breakdown product creatinine, using HPLC (UV)

After 30 minutes incubation only 73% of the initial CEE present was available from CE2, while the amount of CEE available from San CM2 Alpha was even lower at only 62%. In contrast, more than 99% of the creatine remained available from the CM product. These reductions in CEE availability were accompanied by substantial creatinine formation, without the appearance of free creatine. After 120minutes incubation 72% of the CEE was available from CE2 with only 11% available from San CM2 Alpha, while more than 99% of the creatine remained available from CM.

CEE is claimed to provide several advantages over CM because of increased solubility and stability. In practice, the addition of the ethyl group to creatine actually reduces acid stability and accelerates its breakdown to creatinine. This substantially reduces creatine availability in its esterified form and as a consequence creatines such as San CM2 and CE2 are inferior to CM as a source of free creatine.

I have heard that the CEE are not as good as monohydrate creatine. i did not know about the dosage either. thanks for the info. now i know not to ward off creatine monohydrate since i know how much my body really needs.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:19 PM
IFBB Pro - Shelly Albetta

I LOVE Gaspari SIZEON.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:35 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Shirley

Can I ask a "stupid" question....do you take creatine during your off season prep or through your training? I don't believe I take any at all.