Siouxcountry.com

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > CHAT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CHAT

View Poll Results: Should National Qualifiers have more than 4 people in each class
YES 12 70.59%
NO 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Roe

Default Should National Qualifiers have more than 4 people in each class??

Just want your thoughts
Should shows be able to call themselves National Qualifiers when they have a limited number of Athletes.

I have been to a few National Qualifiers that only have had one to 2 people in a certain classes.
Do you think there should be a rule, if your class does not have more than 4people in it, (figure the top 4 qualify for a national show.) That Class will not Qualify for Nationals.

At some of these so called National Qualifiers all you have to do is show up and you ar considered a nationaly qualified athlete.

What are your thoughts or feelings
Old 10-07-2008, 12:20 PM
IFBB Pro - Lori Steele

That's a really tough call. Of course you would want more competition so that the qualification means something.

But you can't call a show a Nat Qualifier and then change it if too few people show up...that's not fair to the competitors who do show up hoping to get a qualification.

Not to mention that there are not enough women doing bodybuilding these days, particularly at the local/regional level...
Old 10-07-2008, 12:27 PM
IFBB Pro - Shelly Albetta

in a perfect world natl qualifiers should have more than 5 in each class for sure.

but i agree you either have to make it one, or not... and it shouldnt switch if there arent enough competitors.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Roe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPCFigureTwins-Shelly View Post
in a perfect world natl qualifiers should have more than 5 in each class for sure.

but i agree you either have to make it one, or not... and it shouldnt switch if there arent enough competitors.
I agree once you call it a NQ it has to stay one.
Should it be harder for promoters to get the go ahead to call there show a National Qualifier?
Old 10-07-2008, 12:40 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Suzanne Germano

It would be easier to only have class winners qualify

top 5 in bb don't qualify for nationals
Old 10-07-2008, 12:59 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Allison Moyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPCFigureTwins-Shelly View Post

Agreed- I mean theres no way to guarentee that a certain number of athletes show up. I mean ideally national qualifiers should create a larger athlete draw but that's sometimes not the case...and changing it last minute simply because not enough competitors showed up isn't fair to the ones who DID show up.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:49 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kenyatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by roeperson View Post
Should it be harder for promoters to get the go ahead to call there show a National Qualifier?

Roe, I think that would the best idea. If promoter starts a new show they have to show over a period of time...maybe 3-4 years that they have had on average a certain amount of ppl compete.

In my state every show is a NQ except for 2...which makes no sense to me. But I can only think of one show that has over 100 competitors consistantly evey single year.

My ability takes me to the top. My character is what keeps me there.

***CHECK OUT MY JOURNAL ***

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=1067
Old 10-07-2008, 01:52 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Vanessa Adams-Pierce

Quote:
Yes.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:52 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Vanessa Adams-Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post

Hell, in many shows class winners don't qualify in BB - just the overall.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:02 PM
2008 NPC Southeastern USA Fitness Champ - Jenna

As a fitness competitor though, is it really fair to have me train my butt off for a national qualifier and then when I get to a show, be the only one in my class, and denied a qualified bid? I had one fellow competitor in my division this past weekend, but I feel I still had a performance worthy of qualifying, which I did. Sometimes you can't help when the competition doesn't show up.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:25 PM
IFBB Pro - Jillian Reville

Quote:
National Qualifier?
I agree you for sure cant just change it because of number of people that show up to do the show...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post

I feel that only top 3 per class should qualify for nationals not 5.....
Old 10-07-2008, 03:28 PM

unfortunately you get people who "qualify" because 5 or less show up they still had 20lbs to lose and they think they are now national quality cuz they qualified

it's too bad it would be too political/subjective to implement but there could be discretion if 5 or less whether your physique is national quality

example in German dogs shows for German Shepherds they are ratings VA, V, SG, G
VA is the highest rating but you may have ZERO dogs worthy of a VA or you may have 1 or 10 so if you had 3 VA it would be VA-1 VA-2 VA-3 then the Vs and the SGs... there is no guarantee of getting a certain rating it is based 100% on how the dog compares to the standard

so at physique show you could place people but only give NQs to those that possess the physique and it wouldn't have to be perfect national level but have muscle, be lean etc show you have actually worked to be there
Old 10-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Trainer - Cameron Bodner

it's about the money, a National Qualifier cost more money to promote.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Photographer - Tre Scott

Facebook: femflex
Twitter: femflex

Quote:
That's a financial question.

But on this issue, the NPC is light years ahead of Canada's CBBF, which requires all that level 1, 2, etc. mess.

The problem isn't the number of people being designated as 'nationally qualified'.

The problem is the number of people who think the designation means they are READY for the national stage.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:50 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemFlex View Post
That's a financial question.

But on this issue, the NPC is light years ahead of Canada's CBBF, which requires all that level 1, 2, etc. mess.

The problem isn't the number of people being designated as 'nationally qualified'.

The problem is the number of people who think the designation means they are READY for the national stage.
This is SPOT ON. Just because you qualify doesn't mean you should necessarily enter a national show. Ask your trainer/friends/family if you stand a fighting chance and go from there. Otherwise, you'll just be embarrassing yourself getting up on that stage.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie0703 View Post
This is SPOT ON. Just because you qualify doesn't mean you should necessarily enter a national show. Ask your trainer/friends/family if you stand a fighting chance and go from there. Otherwise, you'll just be embarrassing yourself getting up on that stage.
totally agree

although the trainers are putting them on the national stage too when not ready
Old 10-07-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie0703 View Post
Im with you girly! this is very true..I posted some comments like this before on other threads. I qualified to go to nationals in my first show.. haha but I was NOT ready by any means.. haha to even think of how i looked then compared to now is so differnt! I am even nervious now about nationals
Old 10-07-2008, 05:50 PM
NPC Judge / NPC Bodybuilder - Nick Freglette

Ditto to all these comments. WAY too many nat'l qualifications for figure. People need to look in the mirror or get an HONEST opinion if they are ready. Shit Shelly qualified SEVEN times already and will not be stepping up until next year. It totally waters down the competition and is the MAIN culprit of shows taking so long with the amount of girls in each class. It is also the main culprit of girls complaining they were overlooked or were "screwed" by the judges, etc. Maybe you weren't READY yet honey, ever think of that !!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickyfregs View Post
Ditto to all these comments. WAY too many nat'l qualifications for figure. People need to look in the mirror or get an HONEST opinion if they are ready. Shit Shelly qualified SEVEN times already and will not be stepping up until next year. It totally waters down the competition and is the MAIN culprit of shows taking so long with the amount of girls in each class. It is also the main culprit of girls complaining they were overlooked or were "screwed" by the judges, etc. Maybe you weren't READY yet honey, ever think of that !!
HAHAHA god the truth is funny
Old 10-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Photographer - Tre Scott

Facebook: femflex
Twitter: femflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickyfregs View Post
Good stuff.

But make no mistake about it, most of the people in those 'I got screwed' conversations are people who prefer to surround themselves with yes men and you-go-girls.

The only competitors who even talk to me after a show now are the ones who want it hard, brutal, and honest.