Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Chat & Introduction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chat & Introduction We chat about everything, and anything. Stop on in and introduce yourself.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:56 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Allison Moyer

Default Webcam 101

Alrighty ladies...

I have now gotten over a dozen pms asking questions about webcam....lol. Rather then have to take the time to respond individually to every single one, I thought starting a thread would be a much easier method. A Webcam 101 if you will, or a webcam Q&A and since other ladies who post here cam as well I'm sure they can chime in.

Basically I want those who are considering webcam or those who have questions about it to ask away... anything goes. We all know I'm unabashed when it comes to discussing things so feel free to ask me whatever whenever pertinent to camming....

I've gotten everything from what cam do I use to what internet connection to what sites I work for to what to expect from the people on cam....

so anything everything goes... if you got webcam questions, HIT ME LADIES!

xoxoxo

Old 01-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Scott

Facebook: vasportsguy
Twitter: vasportsguy

If anyone has a fear of what the judges think consider this Sheila, Bleck, Elena Seiple, Rita Rae, and Athena Siganakis all do webcam and what do they all have in common.....won Pro cards within the last year!
Old 01-26-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottnva View Post
If anyone has a fear of what the judges think consider this Sheila, Bleck, Elena Seiple, Rita Rae, and Athena Siganakis all do webcam and what do they all have in common.....won Pro cards within the last year!
Really good point Scott!!!

I don't know if all the girls are concerned necessarily just with what the judges will think but with what goes on during a chat, what the people who come to cam sites expect from the girls etc..... least that was my concern prior to camming...

Old 01-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Carl

Facebook: FitModelTV

Ladies, Alli knows what she's talking about and will pull no punches in giving you the info needed. Good point by Scott too in regards to those who do webcam and pro cards.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:08 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kelley

well i'm just generally curious. what do you do, just talk to people? about what? fitness? are these guys or girls or both? do they pay you?

become a fan of my photography!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jackso...y/100827668159
Old 01-26-2009, 05:24 PM
MsGuns

your private life has nothin to do w/ your stage time...
Old 01-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Administrator
Jason

Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGuns View Post
your private life has nothin to do w/ your stage time...
Agreed.

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Old 01-26-2009, 05:49 PM
IFBB Pro - Debbie Bramwell

I want to chime in here as I was one of the first girls to do webcam on ftvideo then on hb....I have been doing cam for over 4 years now....it has changed alot since I started.....I want the new girls to know you do NOT have to resort to what some of these girls are doing now.....my chat has always been cleancut and I have remained grounded in who I am......I have seen and heard alot of what has been going on in the cams and to be honest it does disappoint me but as long as you are following your heart and do what is natural for YOU and you are comfortable in your skin then thats what matters.....there are still fans out there who appreciate a fit muscular physique and who love to chat to someone who is positive and upbeat etc ...it is what you make it!.....if anyone has any questions they want to ask me then Ill be more then happy to share what I know about cam as well....
Old 01-26-2009, 07:21 PM
MsGuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiebramwell View Post
I want to chime in here as I was one of the first girls to do webcam on ftvideo then on hb....I have been doing cam for over 4 years now....it has changed alot since I started.....I want the new girls to know you do NOT have to resort to what some of these girls are doing now.....my chat has always been cleancut and I have remained grounded in who I am......I have seen and heard alot of what has been going on in the cams and to be honest it does disappoint me but as long as you are following your heart and do what is natural for YOU and you are comfortable in your skin then thats what matters.....there are still fans out there who appreciate a fit muscular physique and who love to chat to someone who is positive and upbeat etc ...it is what you make it!.....if anyone has any questions they want to ask me then Ill be more then happy to share what I know about cam as well....
If my hm computer was working I would still be doing it...
Old 01-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Bernie Awesome!

quick note:

if you see the screenname Bernie pop up.....ban him as fast as you can.

have a nice day
Old 01-26-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelbelblue View Post
well i'm just generally curious. what do you do, just talk to people? about what? fitness? are these guys or girls or both? do they pay you?
It's most DEFINITELY paid..... by the minute. I pretty much do it as my main source of income now.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiebramwell View Post
Debbie's right in saying doing what's comfortable for you is what's important.... just as with any other area of life there are positive and negative people, cam is no different. There are people who will come into your chat and be negative and deragatory but in all honesty for every one of those I get in my chat, I get 10 admiring fans who really want to talk about my training, want to see and compliment my physique, and are obviously willing to pay for it...

Old 01-26-2009, 11:08 PM
IFBB Pro - Vicki Nixon

Default VICKI NIXON IFBB PRO

I agree, what people do in the cam rooms is their personal choice, its not who they are on stage. You do what you feel comfortable with, I have been doing cams on and off for 5 yrs now, its a great way to meet fans, because when we compete we cant always meet others who are there to support us. I have fun with male and females on cam, I have met so many nice peeps out there!

Great way to interact with fans::

Old 01-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Photographer - George Legeros

Just an observation....maybe it's because it's a fairly new thread...but....there have at this time been 116 view....and 13 posts...of which ONLY ONE seemed to be inquiring about anything.....
I think what most are missing is that no matter what anyone says...there is currently a stigma attached to webcam work...even though some may be completely innocent communication....I think this is evident by the responses...who actually responded....98% of people who do webcams...and NOT the intended audience....

There are some things people just don't want to talk about in the open...like I said...even though it may be completely "innocent".....that's always been a problem with open msg boards....there is a solution to this situation...but it involves a little admin work...
"The most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity"
Old 01-26-2009, 11:32 PM
MsGuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by picsman View Post
Just an observation....maybe it's because it's a fairly new thread...but....there have at this time been 116 view....and 13 posts...of which ONLY ONE seemed to be inquiring about anything.....
I think what most are missing is that no matter what anyone says...there is currently a stigma attached to webcam work...even though some may be completely innocent communication....I think this is evident by the responses...who actually responded....98% of people who do webcams...and NOT the intended audience....

There are some things people just don't want to talk about in the open...like I said...even though it may be completely "innocent".....that's always been a problem with open msg boards....there is a solution to this situation...but it involves a little admin work...
This is the 2nd thread on this...I guess it stemmed from the LATE night radio show. I dont know why it keeps coming up.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildangel View Post
I agree, what people do in the cam rooms is their personal choice, its not who they are on stage. You do what you feel comfortable with, I have been doing cams on and off for 5 yrs now, its a great way to meet fans, because when we compete we cant always meet others who are there to support us. I have fun with male and females on cam, I have met so many nice peeps out there!

Great way to interact with fans::
I see you on shemuscle all the time Vikki!!! GORGEOUS physique! And i agree, male and female its a great way to meet and interact with fans and others who appreciate female muscle!

Old 01-27-2009, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picsman View Post

Its a good observation, and EXACTLY why I wanted to start this thread, or at least attempt to generate some conversation about it. There have been threads about webcam before yes, but they've mostly been "do you disagree or agree with webcamming". I wanted this to be a place where girls could ask whatever they wanted- literally be like "i've always wanted to know_________ (fill in the blank). I've gotten A LOT of pms about webcam and I feel that not only is this more time efficient for me but it's also a good place to publicly answer questions other girls may be wondering as well.

I understand there have been other threads I just felt perhaps this would be a good place to answer any and all questions girls may have....

Old 01-27-2009, 12:27 AM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kenyatta

OK, so what stipulates one on one or chat room. For instance, if you're in a chatroom and someone wants to do one on one how do you go about doing that? Does it go by appt. only?

My ability takes me to the top. My character is what keeps me there.

***CHECK OUT MY JOURNAL ***

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=1067
Old 01-27-2009, 12:40 AM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kelley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alli View Post
Its a good observation, and EXACTLY why I wanted to start this thread, or at least attempt to generate some conversation about it. There have been threads about webcam before yes, but they've mostly been "do you disagree or agree with webcamming". I wanted this to be a place where girls could ask whatever they wanted- literally be like "i've always wanted to know_________ (fill in the blank). I've gotten A LOT of pms about webcam and I feel that not only is this more time efficient for me but it's also a good place to publicly answer questions other girls may be wondering as well.

I understand there have been other threads I just felt perhaps this would be a good place to answer any and all questions girls may have....

that is great and i respect that, but you only answered one of my four, i think, questions. and that was the one about the money. so that led me to believe it is something that is not openly talked about like you stated.

i still have no idea what you do on your webcam and what you talk about and who you talk to. so if that is something you don't want to discuss, i respect that. otherwise, i really am curious. not judging in any way. what you do in your home is your business. you opened this up for discussion though so i asked. you however did not answer, making me feel like i should not have asked.

become a fan of my photography!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jackso...y/100827668159
Old 01-27-2009, 01:43 AM
IFBB Pro - Athena Siganakis

You talk about whatever they want to talk about. It can range from training/diet to religion to absolute nonsense. In the 2yrs I've done it I've only had 2 or 3 bad apples. I love my guests! They are our fans and they have helped me afford to do what I do best...compete! Once you go into private chat (that's the paid chat) it's up to you how far you want to take it. Some sites, like HB, have rules you have to follow. And your private chats are monitored there as well to make sure you are not breaking those rules. But it is completely up to you in regards to your body. No one is judging anyone here. We all have our limits. So don't feel you have to do something because so and so is doing it.