Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini News & chat about Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Administrator
Jason

Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandy76 View Post
Hey all, just back from pre-judging Bikini. It was such a small class: 6 girls total. Only one other girl in my height class & 4 in the short class. They didn't let anyone take pics of the actual competition ;(

Here are some pics of me & a bare bones youtube clip. This was my 1st time doing a video for youtube so excuse the amateur video LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MauhWWbIUCI
I'm surprised so few are competing in bikini.

So no friends, or relatives are allowed to take pics in the audience?

Good luck, Brandy!

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Old 04-11-2009, 07:02 PM
IFBB Pro - Darlina Brown

"Dont u start with this!" So, I imagine this comment was for me? Funny how everyone gets so touchy and "emotional" when someone gives their opinion. I CAN speak on behalf of my experience competing in fitness with the best of the best. Adela, Jenn Hen, Tracy Greenwood, Kelly Ryan, etc. No one would argue that we all had muscle and were super conditioned but we had a bit less mass. Infact if you take a moment to look at pictures, I still carry quite a bit of muscle because I AM a fan of it even when the judges ask me to lose some. Keep in mind fitness has been around awhile! Don't get so damn touchy just because someone has a different view than your own. We all love the sport(s) regardless. Great moderator.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:05 PM
IFBB Pro - Danielle Carr

Instagram: ifbbpro_danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcountry View Post
I'm surprised so few are competing in bikini.

So no friends, or relatives are allowed to take pics in the audience?

Good luck, Brandy!
No one was allowed, my boyfriend was in the audience and he said someone got yelled at for using their camera
Old 04-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Anne Pietilš

No, it was in general. I was not "touchy" or "emotional", I just gave my opinion like u did.

Great moderator?
Old 04-11-2009, 07:13 PM
IFBB Pro - Sandi Stuart

Darlina, when did you compete in fitness? Is that where you earned your pro card? I would LOVE to see your routines! Are there any youtube clips around?

As a fitness athlete myself, I have to say that it is very difficult to rein in the delt, tricep, and quad muscularity due to the routine training. Everything we do seems to work those muscles to the max. It's a difficult line to walk between being functionally strong enough to nail a difficult routine and being aesthetically pleasing enough to be in the top physique callouts. That's why my hat is off to the girls who do both well...the Adelas, Kim Kleins, etc. And..that's why I love this sport so much. It is CHALLENGING!!
Old 04-11-2009, 07:14 PM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandy76 View Post
No one was allowed, my boyfriend was in the audience and he said someone got yelled at for using their camera
They are available at the magazine websites, and those connected directly to the NPC. JM has the exclusive and enforcement is up to the promoter.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Administrator
Jason

Got a Text from Vanessa.

Her favorite 45 second routines were Erin's, Maggie's & Trish's.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:27 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kenyatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclepapa John View Post
They are available at the magazine websites, and those connected directly to the NPC. JM has the exclusive and enforcement is up to the promoter.
It's unfortunate when greed is so strong that family/friend's can't even take candid shots that are never intended to be sold. I've gone to NBA basketball games and they didn't even care if you had a camera. Even at this year's Arnold PRO show I had my camera....good grief, this is get'n rediculous!

Not sure when this happened.....my family/friend's had their camera's at Jr. USA and USA last year....they weren't padded down at the door. I had my camera at Nationals and no one said a word to me, and my purse wasn't searched either. I'm wondering if this pertains to ppl with $200 basic digital cameras or the advance $1k+ cameras.

My ability takes me to the top. My character is what keeps me there.

***CHECK OUT MY JOURNAL ***

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=1067
Old 04-11-2009, 07:29 PM
IFBB Pro - Darlina Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi_stuart View Post
Darlina, when did you compete in fitness? Is that where you earned your pro card? I would LOVE to see your routines! Are there any youtube clips around?

As a fitness athlete myself, I have to say that it is very difficult to rein in the delt, tricep, and quad muscularity due to the routine training. Everything we do seems to work those muscles to the max. It's a difficult line to walk between being functionally strong enough to nail a difficult routine and being aesthetically pleasing enough to be in the top physique callouts. That's why my hat is off to the girls who do both well...the Adelas, Kim Kleins, etc. And..that's why I love this sport so much. It is CHALLENGING!!

Hi Sandi, I agree its a challenge and I miss the sport so much. I love the routines in both Fitness and Bodybuilding--it just lends more athleticism and I like that.

I went pro in fitness in 1999 (one week after Adela and Jenn Hendershot) at the NY Team Universe. Back then I trained as heavy as I could for as many reps possible and used my cardio and routine practice to help get me lean and conditioned. I had to keep my protein intake way up and creatine was my friend in adding strength and size. I miss that intensity which is why I plan to make a return to the fitness stage. Unfortunately, the judges make the rules. IMO: I'd love to see the "figure" body be the criteria for bikini and figure look like Monica and Gina's. BUT who the heck am I?? LOL I'll take the sport as it comes with all its twists and turns and changes. I love it! Best of luck to you!
Old 04-11-2009, 07:41 PM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP DIVA View Post
It's unfortunate when greed is so strong that family/friend's can't even take candid shots that are never intended to be sold. I've gone to NBA basketball games and they didn't even care if you had a camera. Even at this year's Arnold PRO show I had my camera....good grief, this is get'n rediculous!

Not sure when this happened.....my family/friend's had their camera's at Jr. USA and USA last year....they weren't padded down at the door. I had my camera at Nationals and no one said a word to me, and my purse wasn't searched either. I'm wondering if this pertains to ppl with $200 basic digital cameras or the advance $1k+ cameras.
I believe "patted down" is the term you were looking for
Um there is a reason I've been posting a lot about exclusives lately
I'm an old guy whose show attendance predates picture phones etc. I've seen numerous shows with signs on the door that no photo or video are allowed. As for your comment about greed; I'd say if someone pays a vendor fee for an exclusive for photography, videography, tanning services, etc at a show then they have a right to it and those who otherwise complain are wanting something for nothing. In my time in this business I have never sought an exclusive and it has hurt me financially at every event I've shot. As a matter of fact, last show I shot I provided the athletes the two dvd video set of the event for free absorbing the cost out of my pocket along with posting the videos here at Siouxcountry.com. You can't make a living doing that though and the bills got to get paid sista

Last edited by Musclepapa John : 04-11-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
I believe "patted down" is the term you were looking for
Um there is a reason I've been posting a lot about exclusives lately
I'm an old guy whose show attendance predates picture phones etc. I've seen numerous shows with signs on the door that no photo or video are allowed. As for your comment about greed; I'd say if someone pays a vendor fee for an exclusive for photography, videography, tanning services, etc at a show then they have a right to it and those who otherwise complain are wanting something for nothing. In my time in this business I have never sought an exclusive and it has hurt me financially at every event I've shot. As a matter of fact, last show I shot I provided the athletes the two dvd video set of the event for free absorbing the cost out of my pocket along with posting the videos here at Siouxcountry.com. You can't make a living doing that though and the bills got to get paid sista
We all have bills.....so pretty soon their going to tell us competitors back stage not to help each other w/ our protan/jan tana b/c a tannning service has paid??? Or better yet we better not bring any of own color/oil backstage b/c someone has paid to be back their?? Give me a break.

As long as MD and Hardfitness is covering the shows and posting pics ppl will have access to their pics for FREE!! And even w/ the pics posted at MD and candid pics taken of me at my 2 Nat'l shows I still PAID for a nice 8x10 of me on stage by the paid photographer.

So once again.....just find it interesting that they "Patted" down ppl at the NPC regional level show and aren't even doing that at the Nat'l shows which bring in a crap load more competitors....my goodness, 6 bikini competitors, come on now!

Old 04-11-2009, 08:04 PM
John

Quote:
We all have bills.....so pretty soon their going to tell us competitors back stage not to help each other w/ our protan/jan tana b/c a tannning service has paid??? Or better yet we better not bring any of own color/oil backstage b/c someone has paid to be back their?? Give me a break.

As long as MD and Hardfitness is covering the shows and posting pics ppl will have access to their pics for FREE!! And even w/ the pics posted at MD and candid pics taken of me at my 2 Nat'l shows I still PAID for a nice 8x10 of me on stage by the paid photographer.

So once again.....just find it interesting that they "Patted" down ppl at the NPC regional level show and aren't even doing that at the Nat'l shows which bring in a crap load more competitors....my goodness, 6 bikini competitors, come on now!
We may all have bills, but I bet nobody paying the prejudging entry fee paid what was paid for the exclusive to shoot the show. The magazines photographers work in accord with the official photographer to provide the low resolution photographs on line. Try printing an 8x10 of one of them, lol. Fact is most folks take their photo gear to shoot their own stuff and don't buy the photos from the official photographer. These are tough economic times for everyone indeed and you are apt to see a lot more of this at all levels. Argue about it at one of these shows and you could very will be thrown out. Sorry, but it is the truth like it or not

BTW this was all dealt with in the interview that Liza Hughes did with JM Manion on Siouxcountry Radio. We will have him on again soon and you can address your remarks to him directly if you like.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
We may all have bills, but I bet nobody paying the prejudging entry fee paid what was paid for the exclusive to shoot the show. The magazines photographers work in accord with the official photographer to provide the low resolution photographs on line. Try printing an 8x10 of one of them, lol. Fact is most folks take their photo gear to shoot their own stuff and don't buy the photos from the official photographer. These are tough economic times for everyone indeed and you are apt to see a lot more of this at all levels. Argue about it at one of these shows and you could very will be thrown out. Sorry, but it is the truth like it or not

BTW this was all dealt with in the interview that Liza Hughes did with JM Manion on Siouxcountry Radio. We will have him on again soon and you can address your remarks to him directly if you like.
Obviously I don't need to direct my concerns to anyone b/c like I previously stated..I was just at the largest show next to the Olympia 4 weeks ago and no one appeared to care. Oh, and I did print some 4x6 off of MD and they came out just fine. So, JM will probably start telling those folks to start taking the pics off line if that's the case.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:25 PM
John

Quote:
Obviously I don't need to direct my concerns to anyone b/c like I previously stated..I was just at the largest show next to the Olympia 4 weeks ago and no one appeared to care. Oh, and I did print some 4x6 off of MD and they came out just fine. So, JM will probably start telling those folks to start taking the pics off line if that's the case.
lol, the IFBB and NPC do indeed have something to say in regard to the photo and video rights of the national shows. I'm not sure that there has been a restriction set on the specific size photos that can be displayed by the mags, but if you are noting you chose 4x6 prints at MD rather than purchasing photos, when the chips are down maybe it could contribute to the word being passed down regarding specific size requirements and even watermarks.

Now back to the show,...

Last edited by Musclepapa John : 04-11-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:19 PM
IFBB Pro - Liza Hughes

Hi Darlina! I would LOVE to see you back in Fitness! We have to catch up girl!

I'm the one who made the first comment as far as noting that some of the athletes on stage today at the NY Pro Fitness are carrying a lot of muscle.. some could lean towards bodybuilding... and I also stated this is MY opinion... everyone will have their physique of choice and what "we" as competitors should or shouldn't look like.. I stated that I like to see a more streamlined physique... such as Tina Durkin, Nicole Wilkins.. they both have muscle too. To me, they look very fit, feminine and athletic.. that is the "look" I prefer.

I also agree with Sandi that fitness athletes are going to have more size in there delts because of the skills they perform.. BUT I still think that some upper bodies are over the top.. again my opinion. We all compete for our own reasons, have our own goals, started from different skill ability so I'm sure all of this plays a part in our overall "look"...

It's okay that we all have different opinions and likes and dislikes.. this is a subjective sport.. some will like blondes, some will like brunettes, some will like big, some will like small... in the end you can never go wrong when you train and put out there what "you" the competitor are happy with!

Speaking of which.. I'm off to practice my routine! Catch ya'll later
xox
Old 04-11-2009, 09:37 PM
IFBB Pro - Stacy Wright

Wow! another Thanks for the coverage!! I love seeing it as it goes on.. even though we're not actually able to be there!
I agree on two different posts...

John: DEFINITELY! As we've had the conversation before.. I think the mats would allow for more competitors to compete.. AND allow for competitors to have longer careers (due to less injuries and less stress on the joints)

and to agree with many other posts... BETHANY LOOKS AMAZING!!! Her tiny waist really pushes her over the top! Everyone else looks wonderful.. it's just eye catching how she carries it with that V-taper! Good Luck Ladies!! Can't wait to see the results!! And would LOVE to see the routines!!! =)

"The road to success is not straight. There is a curve called failure, a loop called confusion, speed bumps called friends, red lights called enemies, caution lights called family. You will have flats called jobs. But if you have a spare called determination, an engine called perseverance, insurance called faith, a driver called JESUS, you will make it to a place called Success!"

My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stacy-...444854?ref=sgm

"NEVER bend your head. ALWAYS hold it high. Look the world straight in the face"

Old 04-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Administrator
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missfitness226 View Post
And would LOVE to see the routines!!! =)
Me too, but if the audience were not allowed to take photos, its unlikely anyone video taped routines.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:17 PM
2008 NPC Easterns USA Fitness Champ - Michele

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigA View Post
Myriam Capes looks amazing. She took off a lot of muscle.
Sioux, if you have any previous photos of her, post them side by side.
Hopefully she will be up there in the top 3, her routines always rock.

A.
I was at the show, just got back from pre-judging. Myriam looked amazing. I have not seen her before. She looked great. First or second IMO
Old 04-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Administrator
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitFighter View Post
I was at the show, just got back from pre-judging. Myriam looked amazing. I have not seen her before. She looked great. First or second IMO
Welcome back. Are you going to Finals?

Old 04-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Administrator
Jason

RXMuscle photo gallery................... LINK