Siouxcountry.com

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > CHAT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CHAT

Old 06-25-2009, 02:49 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Wanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizaFit View Post
I want to make it clear, the question is not how incredible she looks in the suit... that is a FACT, she looks amazing in it, or who the competitor is... it's about the suit...

we are discussing if this suit should have been allowed... a lot of us wear tiny suits in Figure, Fitness and BB... but we glue down... sometimes that glues does unstick but this is definitely NOT the case here...

as a lot of you mentioned above... yes there is material going across her hips but the suit clearly is UP her bootie.... and now this has been rewarded, do you honestly think competitors are not going to "run" with this and show up with suits similar to this... and even less.... We'll see.....

Totally agree with you,, I feel the suit shouldn't be allowed, I see it as a thong
So what happens at the next show when a bikini girls shows up with just a bit small suit?
Old 06-25-2009, 03:52 PM
IFBB Reject - Rebecca Staggs

Twitter: BeccaStaggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleA View Post
OK...I'm the internet research queen and I've been unable to find an Ed Hardy thong anywhere online. They make bottoms that are brazilian cut. I think that's what Marzia wore and I think she hiked it up her ass. So technically, she was wearing a permissible suit.
Agreed. I also own this suit and it's not a thong, but I will admit it pushes limits. I don't believe any Ed Hardy suits are thongs. I think it just boils down to a competitor with a kick-butt booty getting away with what she could, knowing she could rock it. Why not?

I think it showed more cheek than was necessary, but still doesn't qualify as a thong. The bottoms of this suit remind me of the 'cheeky little things' from Victoria's Secret which are cut on purpose to show more of your sides and bottoms of your butt cheeks. NPC rules for bikini state:
"Competitors will compete in a two-piece suit. The bottom of the suit must be v-shaped. No thongs are permitted. Competitors can compete in an off the rack suit. All swimsuits must be in good taste. "

It boils down to a matter of discretion. I do think that they might want to think about the suits being worn or at least get an approval at weigh ins with this division. The fact that suits can be "off the rack" leave a lot of room for movement on what is and what isn't acceptable.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:40 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Carole

Quote:
OK...I'm the internet research queen and I've been unable to find an Ed Hardy thong anywhere online. They make bottoms that are brazilian cut. I think that's what Marzia wore and I think she hiked it up her ass. So technically, she was wearing a permissible suit.
Ok i have to chime in here. I did see Marzia backstage and talked to her a bit, total sweetheart!, but i have to tell you that backstage her suit was on the way it was supposed to be worn (covering more of her butt and looked like a regular scrunchy butt suit), so technically it's a permissable suit. However, hiked up like that, just for show (pun intended!), i feel to be inappropriate.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:42 PM
IFBB Pro - Beni Lopez

I agree with both of you and yes " Pandora's box " has been opened and gals will mimic the winning attire. Heck at one show I was told no to my bottoms they show 2 much glutes and had to buy a new suit there at the venue. It was in Dallas back when the Europa was the SOUTHWEST USA or I could not compete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Bailey View Post
I'm with you Liza. When I saw the pics I thought, "isn't that too much bum showing?" I never thought it was a thong, it clearly looks like an "intentional hiking" and cute bum or not (b/c she looked great), NPC rules state that your backside needs to be covered. I think by them allowing that suit and giving her such a high placing, they have just opened pandora's box for "homemade t-backs" in future competitions.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:12 PM
J.M. Manion

Location: I like to say the Batcave, but it's really Pittsburgh

O.K. Here's the scoop. After prejudging I had at least 15 or so other Bikini competitors & trainers approach me about Marzia's suit bottom. I spoke to both Sandy Williamson & my father about it. A suit bottom like that is not allowed. The problem was that as many of you noted, Marzia pushed the limits & hiked the suit up. At the Saturday finals competitors meeting, Sandy emphatically stated that all suits in all the women's divisions, especially Bikini, are not to be hiked up in the back on their butt's. If you compare photos of Marzia from prejuding & finals from the back, you'll see the difference. The cut of the bottom does fall into line with what the rules state when you see the finals photos of her. How many times have I seen Ronnie Coleman, Dexter Jackson, Kai Greene & even Jay Cutler do the same thing on the Mr. Olympia & Arnold Classic stages? Way too many! Sorry, their rears are not what I want to look at! Of course, once they came off stage, they were told by the judges not to do it. I have a feeling that at all NPC National contests from here on out that the expediting crew will be taking a closer look as the competitors are lined up to go on stage or as they are about to take the stage. And I wouldn't be surprised if the head judge would ask a competitor to pull the back of their suit down.

That being said, as Sandy & I were leaving the finals on Saturday night Sandy did approach Marzia & told her not to change her suit in the future & that she should wear that suit until it falls off of her when she starts entereing IFBB Pro Bikini contests in 2010. I suspect we'll be seeing more Ed Hardy bikini's on stage soon.

So there you have it!

www.jmmanion.com
www.npcnewsonline.com
www.ironsirenscomics.com
www.myspace.com/ironsirens
Facebook: J.m. Manion
Old 06-25-2009, 06:36 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Danielle

Thanks J.M.! Those Ed Hardy bikinis ARE hot. I might actually be seen wearing one in Vegas in 4 weeks!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:12 PM
IFBB Pro - Liza Hughes

Thank you JM for sharing that "behind the scenes" info with us... it's refreshing to hear that it didn't go unnoticed and it was made clear that it was not acceptable... again, we all know how incredible Meriza looked in her suit and that Sandy loves her in the suit... just wanted to understand the limits....

Thanks!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:14 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Debbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHarp View Post
Do you think she planned it?
I find it hard to believe that some one like her forgot bikini bite.
I have seen girls hike their suits up intentionally as if they have a very hungry ass. At least she had the ass to do it!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:22 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Debbie

Quote:
Thanks J.M.! Those Ed Hardy bikinis ARE hot. I might actually be seen wearing one in Vegas in 4 weeks!

Explain! afterwards at the pool?? I might go watch the show
Old 06-25-2009, 09:53 PM
NPC Bikini Competitor - Isabelle

I guess I'm the only one who's always pulling on my suit so it doesn't show too much of my butt lol.

At my last show a girl wore a thong and came on stage on all fours with her butt up in the air pretendingshe was a cat! I was in the lineup trying not to laugh but guess what she made top five. I couldn't have cared less but the other coaches were pissed!!!

One of them is the girl handling the bikini division for the CBBF in my province she said that she will be changing the name of the category to fitness model and wanted fit bikini models with nice round shoulders and abs. She also said that bikini would get suit inspection and would have to attend a seminar before competing because they want to make sure that they don't get "wet t-shirt contestants" that put tan on and show up!

I think that they are fooling themselves if they reward someone wearing a thong and don't expect the girls to come up with thongs at the next events...
Old 06-25-2009, 10:14 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Carole

Quote:
Thank you JM for sharing that "behind the scenes" info with us... it's refreshing to hear that it didn't go unnoticed and it was made clear that it was not acceptable... again, we all know how incredible Meriza looked in her suit and that Sandy loves her in the suit... just wanted to understand the limits....

Thanks!
x2!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Metroplexmom

So what are your thoughts on the winner's choice in Charleston, the overall winner and Stacy Oster's suit? I thought that was borderline up their butts too. NPC wants that look. They don't want the girls wearing the same bikini (expensive show type) the ladies wear in figure. NPC seems to be screwed up in my opinion. They want one look, then they contradict themselves.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Photographer - Tre Scott

Facebook: femflex
Twitter: femflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplexmom View Post
So what are your thoughts on the winner's choice in Charleston, the overall winner and Stacy Oster's suit? I thought that was borderline up their butts too. NPC wants that look. They don't want the girls wearing the same bikini (expensive show type) the ladies wear in figure. NPC seems to be screwed up in my opinion. They want one look, then they contradict themselves.
What's the screwup?

The same suit type (and look, only better) that won in Charleston also won in Chicago.

That's exactly the sort of consistency competitors and fans *want*!
Old 06-30-2009, 01:14 AM
NPC Bodybuilder - Melody

Thanks J.M. for the update. Some of my friends who are now doing bikini were wondering what to do next.

Danielle, I can def see you in that suit!

Fitness Factory Chica!
Old 06-30-2009, 01:50 AM

I was planning on wearing that suit for my next show. (but not hiking it up!) I wonder if that will make a difference now
I don't want to look like that girl who rushed out and bought it thinking it'd give me the win. I have owned it for months already. BOO!
Thoughts?
Old 06-30-2009, 02:02 AM
IFBB Pro - Shelly Albetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebeccansnide View Post
I was planning on wearing that suit for my next show. (but not hiking it up!) I wonder if that will make a difference now
I don't want to look like that girl who rushed out and bought it thinking it'd give me the win. I have owned it for months already. BOO!
Thoughts?
i say rock it and put your own twist on your strut and flaunt your sh*t!

Old 06-30-2009, 02:03 AM
IFBB Pro - Liza Hughes

Becca wear the suit YOU want to wear with confidence... that's all that matters... you need to walk on the stage and own it, no matter what suit you are wearing and who else has worn it! (just don't hike it up )
xox
Old 06-30-2009, 02:06 AM
IFBB Pro - Liza Hughes

Hey here is a thought... maybe they should have all the bikini competitors wear the SAME suit... that would make the judging easier I would think... takes the suits out of the equation... like in Miss America pageants (or one of those) .... they all wear the same suit and then you can focus on the physiques and compare that instead!
Old 06-30-2009, 02:07 AM
IFBB Pro - Liza Hughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
i say rock it and put your own twist on your strut and flaunt your sh*t!
Ha Ha.. we were responding the same thing! great minds think alike
Old 06-30-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Ha Ha.. we were responding the same thing! great minds think alike
Thanks Liza and Shelly!! You're right - confidence does shine through and I need to wear what looks best...I have been accumulating bikinis for months now and need to find out which one it's gonna be, but the Ed Hardy one is def. one of my favorites! I will prob. post a few pics when it gets closer (Halloween - Monster Mash) and see what I think at that point.

Thanks for the vote! I will be sure not show too much