Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini News & chat about Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:33 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Eryn Strickland

Default TONIGHT ON SPORTS AFTER DARK....LETS TALK BALANCE!

TONIGHT I WILL BE HOLDING AN INTERVIEW THAT I FEEL CANNOT COME AT A BETTER TIME.....

MOST OF US ARE IN THE THICK OF CONTEST PREP. WE HAVE MEALS TO MAKE, CARDIO AND MORE CARDIO, WORKOUTS....THE LIST CAN GO ON....AND ON....AND ON....AND ON!

I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE REALLY IMPORTANT TO TALK "BALANCE" WITH MY TRAINER GRETCHEN CRASS, OWNER OF GST FITNESS AND TRAINING IN MARYLAND. SHE IS A NATIONAL LEVEL FEMALE BODYBUILDER AND PERSONAL TRAINER/NUTRITIONIST WITH MANY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THIS SPORT. SHE TRAINS UNDER KIM ODDO AND HANY RAMBOD AND SHE KNOWS ALL ABOUT THE BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS THAT COME WITH THIS LIFESTYLE.

LATELY, I HAVE BEEN HAVING A REALLY HARD TIME MAINTAINING THE MANY CIRCLES OF MY LIFE GOING ON ALL AT ONCE IN THE MIDST OF PREPARING FOR MY NPC DEBUT. SHE HAS REALLY HELPED ME PUT THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE AND HAS SHARED MANY OF HER OWN EXPERIENCES (BOTH POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE) ON HOW SHE HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL IN ACHEIVING BALANCE IN HER OWN LIFE AS A COMPETITOR, WIFE, MOTHER, TRAINER, ETC.

I REALLY WANTED TO HAVE HER SHARE WITH OUR LISTENERS HER TIPS AND ADVICE ON THIS SUBJECT.

WE ARE GOING TO DISCUSS MANY THINGS THAT I DON'T THINK WE WOMEN ADDRESS ENOUGH WITH ONE ANOTHER SUCH AS :

1. HOW CONTEST PREP CAN EFFECT YOUR ROMANTIC/SEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS AND/OR INTERACTIONS WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX.

2. HOW TO STAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS WHEN YOUR SCHEDULE SEEMS ONLY TO ALLOW FOR EATING, GYM....AND SLEEPING!

3. HOW TO PREPARE YOUR FAMILY, SPOUSE, BF/GF FOR THESE CHANGES

4. HOW DO YOU STAY COMMITTED TO THE PROCESS WITHOUT LOSING YOURSELF IN IT.

PLEASE POST ANY QUESTIONS YOU WOULD LIKE TO ASK GRETCHEN BEFORE TONIGHT OR ANY TOPICS YOU WOULD LIKE US TO TALK ABOUT.

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS.....BUT I NEED TO HEAR THIS RIGHT NOW.

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE SHOW.

XO ERYN

Old 07-16-2009, 04:49 PM
John

Looking forward to your's and Alli's show. I must take a moment to congratulate these two ladies for having the longest running, consistent show on Siouxcountry Radio and for always pushing to produce their own show with a diversity of content in an effort to entertain, educate, and edify their fellow competitors and fans alike.
It has been and continues to be a pleasure to work with such professionals
Old 07-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Administrator
Jason

Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclepapa John View Post

Looking forward to your's and Alli's show. I must take a moment to congratulate these two ladies for having the longest running, consistent show on Siouxcountry Radio and for always pushing to produce their own show with a diversity of content in an effort to entertain, educate, and edify their fellow competitors and fans alike.
It has been and continues to be a pleasure to work with such professionals
Eryn and Alli do a wonderful job with the interviews.

How many shows have they done now?

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Old 07-16-2009, 07:01 PM
John

Indeed, they have even considering some vocal criticisms of the adult nature of the content by some such as Isaac
Ya know, I've got to get the archives more clearly organized to know their numbers. I believe it is getting up to around a couple dozen as they began on Jan 16th. I'm just waiting for them to get picked up by some other organization with a more rewarding opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcountry View Post
Eryn and Alli do a wonderful job with the interviews.

How many shows have they done now?
Old 07-16-2009, 08:27 PM

Default Thanks MPJ & Sioux!

I hope you guys see my dedication to this even through contest prep! I haven't always done it perfect but me and Alli have really come a long way, huh?

I think tonight will be really informative and insightful.

I just hope people listen b/c I think lack of balance breeds all the other ugly problems we face.....mostly self-inflicted.

Gretchen is so motivating to me....I wanted to share her

xo eryn

Old 07-16-2009, 08:31 PM
John

Ugly problems? You talking to me, lol

Listenership is always important and I could do better on my end to produce write ups and distribute news about the show, among other things. I did a quick google search for the show and there are some others by the same name and when querying only for it with your names the search narrows dramatically. You might ask that everyone with a website that you interview do a brief blurb about their appearance using the show name and yours and Alli's in text on their site. The muscle girls have a similar issue and you can see where they have done some marketing even through wikipedia with a google search. However, aside from accolades for doing the show itself they encounter very much the same sort of difficulty in getting obvious and overwhelming response to the valuable content. Akin to an athlete in a sport where you compete against yourself these shows are similarly an effort to generate content that you find valuable and merely stay on course come hell or high water. As a writer, editorialist, pr-oriented guy I've found this course to have been my most comforting mantra over the long haul. As you produce these shows where athletes and industry folks share of themselves in interesting ways new insights emerge that might never have been available to your potential audience. To add to your challenge during contest prep (lol) you might write down a few snippets from each show using the names, topics, and main points made (key words) and keep on your blog or website in a chronology of the show. This after all is one of the marketing successes of forum sites such as Siouxcountry.com, wherein the athletes themselves generate the key word content that adds intrinsic value and real financial value in the process to the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpinironeryn View Post
I think lack of balance breeds all the other ugly problems we face.....mostly self-inflicted.

Last edited by Musclepapa John : 07-16-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Administrator
Jason

Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry

Quote:
I hope you guys see my dedication to this even through contest prep! I haven't always done it perfect but me and Alli have really come a long way, huh?

I think tonight will be really informative and insightful.

I just hope people listen b/c I think lack of balance breeds all the other ugly problems we face.....mostly self-inflicted.

Gretchen is so motivating to me....I wanted to share her

xo eryn
Maybe we can get Gretchen to post here as well and share her knowledge with us. She's registered here, and has posted a few times already.

I'll be sure to listen tonight.

What is her plans this year?

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Old 07-16-2009, 08:49 PM

Default Gretchen's plan

I know she's preppin now for Team U

She trains and teaches classes all day long so she literally has NO free time. She likes the board though. I'll convince her to start posting more.

xo eryn

Old 07-17-2009, 02:03 PM

Default A big thank you!

THANK YOU To Gretchen Crass for sharing her advice on finding balance in our interview last night.

All female competitors and especially all who are in contest prep need to listen to this show. It will give you a lot of helpful suggestions on how to have a more successful prep....and a more successful life in this sport.

Its always good to hear a fellow woman share their experience with something we can all relate to.

xo eryn

Old 07-17-2009, 09:55 PM
John

Quote:
THANK YOU To Gretchen Crass for sharing her advice on finding balance in our interview last night.

All female competitors and especially all who are in contest prep need to listen to this show. It will give you a lot of helpful suggestions on how to have a more successful prep....and a more successful life in this sport.

Its always good to hear a fellow woman share their experience with something we can all relate to.

xo eryn
Did Gretch say she listens to Christian music while doing cardio?
Wait until your show critics find out!