Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini News & chat about Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:24 PM

Default Figure Thoughts

Does anybody have predictions for the show? There is a lot of amazing competitors in it and should be great. There are so many interesting storylines:

Can Jenny Lynn Win?
Will a Darkhorse Emerge from the Pack?
Old 08-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Administrator
Jason

Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by History in Effect View Post
Does anybody have predictions for the show? There is a lot of amazing competitors in it and should be great. There are so many interesting storylines:

Can Jenny Lynn Win?
Will a Darkhorse Emerge from the Pack?
Jenny has not been beaten by anyone on the list of competitors as far as I know. If she brings her A game, she indeed is the favorite.

I'm looking to see some girls who have yet to qualify for the Ms Figure Olympia to do so at the Europa.

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:33 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kenyatta

I think Alicia Harris will crack the Top 3. I like Katina M.'s physique so it'll be interesting to see where she ends up- it's her pro debut. My home-girl Sue Upson...I'd like to see her in the Top 5! Still really confused w/ what happen w/ her at the Jax callouts as well!

I'm not sure where Jenny Lynn will end up. I actually had her out of the Top 5in Jacksonville.

My ability takes me to the top. My character is what keeps me there.

***CHECK OUT MY JOURNAL ***

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=1067
Old 08-13-2009, 06:48 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Erin

I agree about Jenny. Her physique is nice but something is really off with her posing and that bugs me. She actually looks like she might want to get a new posing coach. It sucks sometimes that a person with a great physique is hurt by not displaying it well with their posing.

It's time to stop making excuses and get 'er done. DO WORK!

Old 08-13-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcountry View Post
Jenny has not been beaten by anyone on the list of competitors as far as I know. If she brings her A game, she indeed is the favorite.

I'm looking to see some girls who have yet to qualify for the Ms Figure Olympia to do so at the Europa.
She is the clear cut favorite, but who knows in Figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP DIVA View Post
I think Alicia Harris will crack the Top 3. I like Katina M.'s physique so it'll be interesting to see where she ends up- it's her pro debut. My home-girl Sue Upson...I'd like to see her in the Top 5! Still really confused w/ what happen w/ her at the Jax callouts as well!

I'm not sure where Jenny Lynn will end up. I actually had her out of the Top 5in Jacksonville.

Alicia Harris has a great figure and pleasant look, but I don't know about the Top 3 in my opinion. I see Krissy Chin and possibly Siobhan Tewari in the Top 5 who knows.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:58 PM
IFBB Pro - Karen Williams

First of all I want to wish all the competitors the best. Anything can happen at these contest.

My first show as a pro figure competitor was Orlando Europa Show of Champions, I placed 13th which was great for me, first call out i was in the
low group call out in 1 piece, in the two piece I was added to the 2nd callout group a big jump. and the finals I was in the 2 callout also.

Since 2004 I competed as a Fitness competitor, this year I switch to figure and I am loving it.

Who would win is anyone guess. But to all of them this island girl says good luck.

(IFBB Pro Fitness/Figure competitor)
Old 08-13-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by History in Effect View Post
She is the clear cut favorite, but who knows in Figure.

Alicia Harris has a great figure and pleasant look, but I don't know about the Top 3 in my opinion. I see Krissy Chin and possibly Siobhan Tewari in the Top 5 who knows.
I wouldn't doubt Krissy making the Top 5, possibly get'n that "O" qual...I'm sure she's going to make some slight adjustments from Jax and come into this show looking even that much better than she did 2 weeks ago (I luv'd her physique then- I prefer a little more mass so I was happy 2c her rewarded for it!) Not to sure about Sibhan.

Favs or not, IMO the clear cut fav is going to have to step it up.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Anne Pietilš

I really wish never see again such Jenny Lynn on stage as a week before.. if she is as soft as last weekend and midsection is looking as pregnant as last week and if she poses as awfully as last weekend, I would defnitely NOT have her in TOP 5. But Jen is Jen , like we saw last weekend, and I guess she ll place good no matter she looks like.But what I really hope is that she is way much better..

I REALLY liked Siobhan Tewari last weekend, very good physique specially face back was awesome.. Hope she makes it in TOP 3.

Also Meriza is back in game and I like her always and expect her to look again totally phenomanal. Wish TOP 3 placing for her too.

I see much hype of Alicia Harris. I like her, she is a beautiful girl for sure, sweet one .. and specially when she is tight enough she is OK but what bothers me really much is that her shoulders are not that wide, she is narrow ... not really x-framed... and that flaw is highlighted because she keeps her hair really "BIG" and hair covers most of her shoulderline - makes it even more narrow. Also the fact that she always has one delt lower is bad thing. And in side posings she looks a bit thick in midsection compared to upper body and glut area.. so I would not have her in TOP 3, of course depending on how she looks compared to other girls in line up..

Is this Alicia Marie's pro debut?

Last edited by AnneP : 08-13-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Administrator
Jason

Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneP View Post

Is this Alicia Marie's pro debut?
Yes it is Alicia's pro debut.

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:05 PM

Yeah, I just want to see a Figure who is hard and nicely conditioned yet feminine
Old 08-13-2009, 09:13 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Heather

is sue doing this show? i think she would do good in the line up... but so far im thinking that jenny lynn will take this one
Old 08-13-2009, 09:50 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by urstrulyhb View Post
is sue doing this show? i think she would do good in the line up... but so far im thinking that jenny lynn will take this one
I think so too. She has had two weeks to tighten up, and I doubt she will be having the same problem as before. She is a vet, and I imagine learns quickly from mistakes. I was confused about the posing. Maybe she just made the fatal error of not practicing enough. Hmmm, who knows?

Other than her, I like Meriza and Krissy to fill out the top 3. Hopefully Sue will get noticed and come in top 5. I think she looked fab in Jacksonville!

There are a few "dark horses" that could place high though too IMO. It will be an interesting show.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:40 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Heather

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambydawn View Post
I think so too. She has had two weeks to tighten up, and I doubt she will be having the same problem as before. She is a vet, and I imagine learns quickly from mistakes. I was confused about the posing. Maybe she just made the fatal error of not practicing enough. Hmmm, who knows?

Other than her, I like Meriza and Krissy to fill out the top 3. Hopefully Sue will get noticed and come in top 5. I think she looked fab in Jacksonville!

There are a few "dark horses" that could place high though too IMO. It will be an interesting show.
i really like sue's look. i think its hard when you have a new pro go straight to the top, so i wouldnt be suprised if it was 4 or5 shows before she gets the actual placings she deserves. i give her less than a yr to qualify for the O
Old 08-14-2009, 08:06 PM
IFBB Pro - Darlina Brown

I'm thinking Jenny Lynn, Krissy Chin, Alicia Marie, Siobhan Tewari, and Meriza Deguzman for top 5 but what do I know!? I Really think Krissy will get her "O" qualifications, at least I hope so!
Old 08-14-2009, 09:14 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Natalie

Make sure you keep a eye out for Michelle Craven!! She looks off the hook right now!! She had awesome gentics and structure!!
Old 08-14-2009, 09:44 PM
IFBB Pro - Darlina Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie1 View Post
Make sure you keep a eye out for Michelle Craven!! She looks off the hook right now!! She had awesome gentics and structure!!
Ahhhh, yeah....she does have a great bod! Almost forgot Sue--she looks great too.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:47 PM
2008 NPC Southeastern USA Fitness Champ - Jenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP DIVA View Post

I agree about the confusion with 'home girl Sue.' I think sometimes with the new pros, the judges have discrepencies about where they place someone in the lineup. "Is she too hard? Too soft? Too much muscle for her frame?" And then of course, "where does she stack up against the rest of the field?" You're always going to get that in a sport where more muscle is not rewarded and it's all about balance and proportion. And then sometimes it takes em a while to notice someone. It's like they need to see a competitor a couple of times in a pro lineup to guage where she truly fits. A couple gals come to mind with this, especially ones who are either really short/tiny, or a lot taller than the rest.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky9914 View Post
I agree about the confusion with 'home girl Sue.' I think sometimes with the new pros, the judges have discrepencies about where they place someone in the lineup. "Is she too hard? Too soft? Too much muscle for her frame?" And then of course, "where does she stack up against the rest of the field?" You're always going to get that in a sport where more muscle is not rewarded and it's all about balance and proportion. And then sometimes it takes em a while to notice someone. It's like they need to see a competitor a couple of times in a pro lineup to guage where she truly fits. A couple gals come to mind with this, especially ones who are either really short/tiny, or a lot taller than the rest.
Who knows....it was just crazy!!! Big ups to Sue for making the 1st call in her pro debut, but then it was like they kind of forgot that and by the end she wasn't in the final callout, and here's Alicia was in the what 4 or 5th call...really confusing. Alicia Harris, IMO was pretty darn hard at the Cal Pro and she was 6th, not as hard and was 7th at Jax...so I'll go back to what I always say.... I think some competitors look really good not as hard and get rewarded for it whereas other competitors have to be hard or they look like they are holding water and not very well conditioned.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:25 PM

Talking

I'm amped up and ready
Old 08-15-2009, 12:18 AM
Anne Pietilš

I still believe if you are good enough, you can place really well even at the very first pro show... there is always a reason for the placement. Or should be.