Siouxcountry.com

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > CHAT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CHAT

Old 10-03-2009, 02:32 AM

Twitter: AirHarp
Thumbs up Which board member has helped/inspired you the most?...

Title says it all.

I have to go w/ Kenyatta.
Seeing her have the guts to post progress pics when she was not at her best.
Reading about her ups and downs w/ her diet.
Seeing her pull it all together and look great on stage.
She the reason I shed my fears and started posting my progress pics.

KP also helped me a lot when I first got on the board by listening when I was going through things w/ my ex.

What WARRIOR has helped/inspired you?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Essence &I.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	28941  

"only weak men fear strong women, so move on if he wilts..."- Wil Brink

Find me on FaceBook
FaceBook.com/TheAirHarp (My personal page has reached its limit)
This is my photography page. Pretty much all my work is here until I get my website completed. I am not cheap but I am affordable.

And I am on Twitter as well. @AirHarp is my name there as well.

VitaGlo.com[/size][/font][/b]
Old 10-03-2009, 02:54 AM
NPC Figure Competitor - Allison Moyer

WOW I love this question....and here's my answer:

Eryn Strickland- she's been such a HUGE friend and a HUGE support for me. It's amazing to me sometimes how you meet a beautiful person when its most unexpected, and for me, finding a friend in Eryn was that moment. From phone calls, to emails, to her being backstage with me at Team U bikini biting my depleted ass, I'm SOOOOOOOOO thankful for her. She's inspired me in so many ways- shes such a strong spitfire of a woman!

Old 10-03-2009, 03:12 AM
Administrator

Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry

I knew Kenyatta was special soon after she started posting. She is a wonderful woman.

Harper so many women here have inspired me.

I will mention four women who have suffered injuries.

Claire O'Connell tore her bicep tendon in 2008, she ended up having surgery on both arms. This year has been one of recovery for Claire. Claire is extremely competitive and this has been a huge challenge for her. She's coming back strong and will be kicking butt in 2010! We have been close friends for two years now. She is a beautiful person inside and out.

Melody Chao tore her ACL last year. I remember her soon after attending a show to show her support and take photos for this board. Melody is such an incredible woman, who has enriched this forum beyond one can imagine. She has helped boost my moral when I get down in the dumps. She brings so much passion to whatever she does. I'm honored to call her a friend.

Kayde Puckett almost called it quits after being injured. Fitness has to be one of the most dangerous sports out there. She continued on and now look at her, she won the biggest amateur show of the year and will soon be an IFBB Pro (first she's going to compete at the World Championships). This young lady is so passionate and full of life. She loves this board, the members here, is a great mod, and is a terrific friend to me.

Maryann Glascock tore her hamstring in 2008 and broke her arm at the Arnold Classic this year. You can imagine how tough it has been for her. Maryann is very intelligent, and I see many great things for her in the future. Every time I see a photo of her I see my Sister, as they look so much a like (at least to me).

I could go on and on and on. I have so much respect for so many here.

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Old 10-03-2009, 03:20 AM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kassandra

This is an easy one. Laura Bailey has been a huge inspiration to me as an athlete, a professional, and a person. I am thankful that I got the opportunity to actually talk to her and then finally meet at The O--just a genuine and giving individual.

Oh, and I am now going to enjoy an off-season full of Kavli and wasa crackers, too!
Old 10-03-2009, 12:29 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Lisa

I would have to say honestly w/o being politically correct

i seem to learn lil bits every time i sign on ..

but a few come to mind ... chicky , melody, isabella, jodi, kayde , the firecracker, atilly, SIOUX .. dang there r to many .. the erik's ( eric's ) jersey girls

i guess i feel like i have friends here that go through similar experiences and are gracious enough to share the good, the bad, the ugly

have a great day all
Old 10-03-2009, 01:02 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kenyatta

FA Harper!! I'm going to beat you!!! You picked a pic of us at my fattest, lol! What about all the Arnold pics we took together, dang I was atleast 5 pounds ligther?? LOL, but it's all good!! Harp, what a pleasant surprise!! Thank you so much for the kind words...it really means a lot!!

Yes, I've had many ups/downs but truly believe posting pics and speaking openly about my struggles helps me stay grounded. I often say I'm bipolar and it's no offense to those who have really been diagnosed w/ bipolar...but, I swear I can really relate. The ups/downs I've gone through have been pretty bad at times and if it weren't for this board things probably could have gotten a lot worse. Another reason I post pics is b/c it helps ppl "Looking in" who think we walk around in shape year round and think that this is just oohhh so easy realize that this is hard work!!!

Anywho....who has inspried me most? There are several folks who have provided me such inspiration during my ups/downs but the person who seems to post in my journal right when I need it is Melody Chao! She doesn't visit 2-3x a week, and she doesn't have to. But, when she does stop by her words are always so encouraging and right on time. They are always just what I need to hear to give me that extra push!!

Another person is Anne P....lol, Anne just keeps it sooo real! She calls me a fat ass when I'm a fat ass and tells me when she can clearly see that I'm making progress. Anne always keeps it really and her comments to me are constructive criticism and I never take it personal...I just know she's keeping it real with me and her honesty actually makes me laugh!!

Suzanne!!! What can I say about Suzanne...She's another one who always keeps it real. Early on I think I misunderstood her a lot and we exchanged plenty of PM's...I often times "assumed" things and she would have to clarify, lol! Suzanne's journal is soo inspiring. Her focus, motivation, and determination is just unstoppable. I don't think I've seen anyone as determined as her!! And she makes me sick....b/c she never cheats on her prep, lol!! I haven't got to that level yet!!! But, I'm getting there...7 weeks out from Nats, no cheats!!!!

My ability takes me to the top. My character is what keeps me there.

***CHECK OUT MY JOURNAL ***

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=1067

Last edited by KP DIVA : 10-03-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:48 PM
IFBB Pro - Lori Steele

So many good ones mentioned here... Kenyatta, Melody, Claire for sure... but for me, Sioux is my choice because of his commitment and dedication to this board, support for the women in the sport, his loyalty, and honesty as a friend.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:54 PM

Twitter: AirHarp
Talking Give me some credit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP DIVA View Post
FA Harper!! I'm going to beat you!!! You picked a pic of us at my fattest, lol!

At least I picked a pic we were both FAT in!

"only weak men fear strong women, so move on if he wilts..."- Wil Brink

Find me on FaceBook
FaceBook.com/TheAirHarp (My personal page has reached its limit)
This is my photography page. Pretty much all my work is here until I get my website completed. I am not cheap but I am affordable.

And I am on Twitter as well. @AirHarp is my name there as well.

VitaGlo.com[/size][/font][/b]
Old 10-03-2009, 01:58 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kenyatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripitupbaby View Post
So many good ones mentioned here... Kenyatta, Melody, Claire for sure... but for me, Sioux is my choice because of his commitment and dedication to this board, support for the women in the sport, his loyalty, and honesty as a friend.
Yes, definitely Jason!!! It takes hours and hours of dedication to keep this forum running smoothly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHarp View Post
At least I picked a pic we were both FAT in!
LOL, true!!!! 11 months later we can both say we have brought "SEXY" back!!

My ability takes me to the top. My character is what keeps me there.

***CHECK OUT MY JOURNAL ***

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=1067
Old 10-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Nichole

It's very hard to single out a few who've most inspired me because there are so many here who have, and all in different ways. I wouldn't want to take away from any of them what so ever....

That being said, I joined this board a long time ago, but never got active in posting. Then, for what ever reason, the week or two before Jr. Nationals I re-found it, and Suzanne's journal. I read every single page of her journal over 2 days, just in time to see her win. I am inspired by her dedication and ability to over come what ever obstacle pops up. I'm inspired by the huge changes she made in her life to get where she is now. She doesn't sugar coat anything either, and I love that level of honesty.

Isabelle. Another journal I've read quite a lot of! When I watch the video of her winning her pro-card, I still get tears in my eyes. She's strong, muscular, beautiful, and makes no apologies for it. She is who she is, and that's awesome. I admire they way in which she was able to deal with having to pull out of the Olympia, and said that they would be many more Olympias. The ability to see the big picture and focus on long term goals, putting them over an amazing opportunity that so few ever get is admirable. This woman has her head screwed on tight and her priorities in check! She is right, by letting this Olympia go, there will be many more.

Kenyatta. Because she's another person who is who she is and knows what she wants and makes no apologies for it. She's hard working and goal oriented.

Melody. Talk about someone who comes off so selfless! I love her up-beat attitude. She seems to focus on the positive very well... something I'm in need of.

I know I could keep going, but these 4 were the first to pop into my head. There are so many inspirational people here.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripitupbaby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP DIVA View Post
Yes, definitely Jason!!! It takes hours and hours of dedication to keep this forum running smoothly!!
Awwww thanks you two! You two and many more here motivate me to do the best I can. This board would be nothing without women like you two.

Lori you know how much you mean to me. I know we'll always be friends.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Muscle Mom

I say THE WHOLE BOARD...all of the girls and guys here ROCK!!! If not for all the strong hearted peeps here and a beautiful place for us all to come together -it would not be as special as it is....I LUV U ALL ...

Follow me on Twitter... http://twitter.com/#!/pinkandpainmom
Old 10-03-2009, 05:40 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by teri View Post
I say THE WHOLE BOARD...all of the girls and guys here ROCK!!! If not for all the strong hearted peeps here and a beautiful place for us all to come together -it would not be as special as it is....I LUV U ALL ...
x2

I don't post that often, but I visit the board every day, usually 3-4 times a day. I have learned so much and am constantly inspired by those that keep journals, the individuals that post diet/training/supplement/prep questions, and the knowledgeable folks who take the time to provide answers. THANK YOU ALL!

Old 10-03-2009, 06:02 PM
IFBB Pro - Shelly Albetta

i dont think i can pick one person i have learned so much from so many on here... and i appreciate everyone who contributes!

Old 10-03-2009, 07:47 PM
FitGems Founder

Facebook: fitgemsnation
Twitter: FitGemsNation
Instagram: fitgemsnation

I can't choose one person either. In some form or fashion (and I won't go into all the ways because it would take up too much time), each of you have inspired me to be a better person, physically, emotionally, and mentally. Other than God and my blood family, you are the most influential people I've ever known, and I'm thankful to God that He has allowed me to be a part of this site, with my second family.

Fitness Athletes Network: Site - Blog - Facebook Fan Page -
Twitter
Old 10-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Photographer - Maryann Glascock

awww Thanks, Sioux. I didn't know I looked like your sister.

I get inspiration from a lot of people on the board at different times, but I've been particularly moved by Melody, our StrongFox! It seems rare anymore to meet someone who is just genuinely a good person. I've watched Melody continue to do things for others, expecting nothing in return. After my surgery, she sent me some of Michelle's cookies (which I am now addicted to). She is extremely humble and never looks for praise for the wonderful things she does for this board and its members.
We met in person for the first time last year at the AC Pro, and she was so down to earth that I felt like I had known her forever. She was hobbling around on crutches, but was more cheerful than anyone in the place. I really admire the positive attitude she seems to have through everything, and it never comes across as fake at all. Like I said, she's a genuine person. Somehow she manages to stay positive while still being real.

Photographer
Muscle Madam
Schmoe Ho
Old 10-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Administrator

The incredible Sue Upson, who competed with a brain tumor. She'll be having brain surgery at the end of the month. Read more...........

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthre...138#post249138

Old 10-04-2009, 12:06 AM
NPC Bodybuilder - Melody

OMG, can I say that I'm tearing up here. Thank you guys for saying I've helped/inspired you in some way. Not what I expected to read here lol, , but I'm glad that I've touched you guys in some positive way.

However, it goes both ways with SO many of you. Where to start?

One of the first who come to mind who has helped and inspired me is my girl Kitty Kat. While I struggled to find my "mojo", she was always there to help push me a little more until I was on the ball. We talk everyday and we text everyday. Without her by my side, I think it would have taken me longer to get back on track. My ACL injury really messed with my head and my desire to train and even compete again. Kat helped push me a little further. She always makes time for me and our friendship of 1 year and 6 months is strong, positive, loving and happy. It was cause of Siouxcountry.com we got to meet and we clicked immediately.

This could turn into a LONG post lol, but I must say that each of our mods, and many of our members here have inspired me in SO many ways. I take a little from each of you and you've helped me step out of the box several times and see things different.

Sioux

Fitness Factory Chica!
Old 10-04-2009, 02:47 AM
NPC Figure Competitor / Bodybuilder - Shannon

There are definitely too many ladies here that come to mind that inspire me or help me in different ways to list, but I will agree with what a few others have said and agree that I also look up to Sioux and am more then thankful for everything he does for us here on this board!!
Old 10-04-2009, 05:08 AM
IFBB Pro - Elissa Ermmarino

Facebook: Lisa Ermmarino
Default Adela Garcia!

She is my personal friend, yes, this is true, but she inspires me so very much. Her will and her drive to succeed in attaining her goals is so strong. Her energy is positive in every way. I still cannot believe what type of strength it must have taken for her to make such a comeback! I learn from her thinking of a true athlete every time I speak to her.

Also, I must say that every single person on this board inspires me. I love to read posts of commendation, overcoming life's problems, the trials and tribulations of prep, support to others. It is very energizing.

Thanks everyone!