Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Beauty, Suits & Tanning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Beauty, Suits & Tanning Chat about Beauty, Hair, Skin, Suits, Tanning, Fashion, etc.
Tips, Tricks & Product Reviews.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:04 PM
IFBB Pro - Kayde Puckett

Twitter: KaydePuckett
Default Juicy Couture - Is it worth it?

So, as many of you know, I recently upgraded from the no-name boots to real UGGs, and now I know what all the fuss was about. Now I'm kinda wondering if it's the same with other stuff. I know with purses, it depends on what you're going for. Coach fabric, not worth it. But my Cole Haan leather bag I bought at TJ Maxx 2 years ago? SO worth it. It's like buttah! Lingerie, definitely worth it. Sports gear? Don't go cheap, it's worth the extra dinero. What about clothes? Like the Juicy Couture tracksuit I'm contemplating. Worth it? Anyone? Any other luxury items you guys are mulling over that we can offer input on?
Old 10-14-2009, 10:16 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kenyatta

Haha!! Kayde you must be my sista from another mother!!! I was just looking at some Juicy Cotoure - Ugg look-a-like boots today in Marshalls...and what saying to myself why would I pay $100 when I can get some uggs form $60 more and they would be 10x more comfy!!

I was told that Juicy Cotoure perfume is actually owned by Liz Claiborne and she selected the name to appeal to the younger generation. I can see it b/c I swear my mom has been wearing Youth Dew since I was born!!!

My ability takes me to the top. My character is what keeps me there.

***CHECK OUT MY JOURNAL ***

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=1067
Old 10-14-2009, 10:18 PM

Also, nothing like a Coach Bag however, now they are charging for fabric bags what they use to charge back in the day for leather. I have a Kathy Van Zealand..it's okay, but doesn't beat my Coach. But I've also been look at the B.Makowsky bags lately....they sit really nice on my shoulder and the leather is really soft.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:34 PM
Vanessa Adams-Pierce

No fucking clue and I don't think I'll find out anytime soon. There's a discount department store here called Century 21 and they had some Juicy sweats - felt no softer or better than the ones I already have. Plus, there's no way I'm walking around with letters across my ass!!!!

Speaking of, I find it really disturbing that they make little girls' clothes with writing across the ass. No one should be trying to bring attention to that part of a child. But I digress...

As for bags, I use a canvas shoulder/messenger bag I got at The Children's Place for about $20. It holds my shit just as well as an expensive bag would, and I can machine wash it.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:58 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Lisa

i love juicy tracksuits and now you can find them at great prices usually Neimans online but not right now i was checking ... marshalls has them on occasion also or ebay ...

they run small fyi i wear a l or xl top small med bottoms .. most models do NOT have GUNS ... lol so u need the bigger top
Old 10-15-2009, 12:28 AM
Emily

Facebook: eschneider6?r

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP DIVA View Post
Also, nothing like a Coach Bag however, now they are charging for fabric bags what they use to charge back in the day for leather. I have a Kathy Van Zealand..it's okay, but doesn't beat my Coach. But I've also been look at the B.Makowsky bags lately....they sit really nice on my shoulder and the leather is really soft.

kenyatta... i spent $250 on a B.Makowsky when macys had their annual handbag sale and yes the leather is soft and plush but honestly after about 2 months I was over it and didnt want to use it anymore... just might be because i got bigger handbag then i normally would carry.. but just my 2 cents

My Betters better then your better.....

""Before you begin a thing remind yourself that difficulties and delays quite impossible to foresee are ahead...You can only see one thing clearly, and that is your goal. Form a mental vision of that and cling to it through thick and thin."

Old 10-15-2009, 12:40 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Betsy Albetta-Digiovanni

i will go against the grain here and say that i LOVE nice expensive stuff! LMAO not to say that i will throw all my money away on just name brands-- i do shop in moderation, but i will spend loot on stuff i use ALL the time.. i.e. purses, my UGGS, and i do love juicy outfits.. these are things that are more quality then qty-

As far as purses ill wear the same one for a year, or two. SO ill splurge for a LV, or gucci-- its my every day accessory that carries all my CRAP.

Uggs are great also and u only need ONE pair to last YEARS! same w/ juciy-- its not my bulk choice for hang out clothes but a few outfits can be worn all the time and they are great quality!

Just my thoughts-- i also live in jersey where this is very prevelant.. so i may just be biased!
Old 10-15-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffbabeGA View Post
kenyatta... i spent $250 on a B.Makowsky when macys had their annual handbag sale and yes the leather is soft and plush but honestly after about 2 months I was over it and didnt want to use it anymore... just might be because i got bigger handbag then i normally would carry.. but just my 2 cents
LOL, probably b/c you did get a larger bag than you were accustomed too. I notice I stop using bags that began to annoy me or don't sit on my shoulder right. I found a B.Makowsky on sale at Marshalls...but it was wayyy to big, looked like a piece of luggage!

Old 10-15-2009, 04:49 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Suzanne Germano

i am more like vanessa very few thing will i spend big bucks on
purses NEVER hate them find most ugly, only reason i even have on is no pockets for all my shit

I just bought a $10 bra at walmart that fits better and more comfortable then the 50 one i got at VS also got the $5 sweatpants too
Old 10-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
i will go against the grain here and say that i LOVE nice expensive stuff! LMAO not to say that i will throw all my money away on just name brands-- i do shop in moderation, but i will spend loot on stuff i use ALL the time.. i.e. purses, my UGGS, and i do love juicy outfits.. these are things that are more quality then qty-

As far as purses ill wear the same one for a year, or two. SO ill splurge for a LV, or gucci-- its my every day accessory that carries all my CRAP.

Uggs are great also and u only need ONE pair to last YEARS! same w/ juciy-- its not my bulk choice for hang out clothes but a few outfits can be worn all the time and they are great quality!

Just my thoughts-- i also live in jersey where this is very prevelant.. so i may just be biased!

Do you ever buy those Hermes bags? I don't know what it looks like but years ago this girl I talked to loved them and it is supposedly over $1,000.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:52 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Erin

I'm with suzanne and vanessa. there are very few things I will spend a lot of money on... I don't buy expensive clothes b/c I work in a lab and they'll just get ruined and I don't even carry a purse. I schlep around a gym bag and a food bag, I just stick whatever else I need in one of those or carry a single card in my pocket if i'm going to the store. Much easier. Honestly, i'm not even sure where my money goes since I don't buy big stuff...

It's time to stop making excuses and get 'er done. DO WORK!

Old 10-15-2009, 08:06 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Betsy Albetta-Digiovanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarramedia View Post
Do you ever buy those Hermes bags? I don't know what it looks like but years ago this girl I talked to loved them and it is supposedly over $1,000.
LOL no i dont have one- they are well over 2k!! LOL but maybe some day
Old 10-15-2009, 08:10 PM
IFBB Pro - Shelly Albetta

I dont have much room to talk in this thread, considering my cats names are Chanel and Dior...

that being said, some things i will spend big bucks on are
1.bags
2. sunglasses
3. warmups (aka juicy ones)

i run all of them into the ground so i always get my moneys worth. but to each their own. i like nice stuff

Old 10-15-2009, 08:19 PM

LOL - all of the comments are so interesting!!! I've always paid big bucks on shoes. All heels rather stillettos or boots should be leather. I can't believe some of the new designers are trying to charge so much for these man made material shoes! I really didn't start paying $$ for purses until I turned 30!!

I'm just not gonna pay big bucks for a velour warm-up...any suit of that nature have always been purchased at Marshalls or TJMaxx!!!

Old 10-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
LOL no i dont have one- they are well over 2k!! LOL but maybe some day
Yeah.... She tried to get me to buy her some.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:28 AM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
I dont have much room to talk in this thread, considering my cats names are Chanel and Dior...

that being said, some things i will spend big bucks on are
1.bags
2. sunglasses
3. warmups (aka juicy ones)

i run all of them into the ground so i always get my moneys worth. but to each their own. i like nice stuff
Nothing wrong with having nice stuff, Iíll spend money on Diesel jeans, True Religion jeans, Ed Hardy or some Affliction shirts, Michael Kors shirts, Prada sunglasses. Buy things from Kenneth Cole or Inc but thatís not as expensive (depends what it is I guess). Still buy a few things from Armani Exchange once in awhile even though itís pretty played out. Def have to have my Nike Shoxs lol. Sometimes when my t-shirts get old Iíll even start wearing them to the gym lol.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr007 View Post
Nothing wrong with having nice stuff, Iíll spend money on Diesel jeans, True Religion jeans, Ed Hardy or some Affliction shirts, Michael Kors shirts, Prada sunglasses. Buy things from Kenneth Cole or Inc but thatís not as expensive (depends what it is I guess). Still buy a few things from Armani Exchange once in awhile even though itís pretty played out. Def have to have my Nike Shoxs lol. Sometimes when my t-shirts get old Iíll even start wearing them to the gym lol.
Almost all of my casual sportswear stuff are designers. My buttondown shirts, knit shirts, rugby shirts are from Polo Ralph Lauren,Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica, Timberland, Abercrombie and Fitch and a lot of them are at least 10-14 years old. And no one can really tell the difference because they are classic styles not really trendy ones. Most importantly they really last long.

Back when I had a whole lot of suits and sportcoats for work, I wore Giorgio Armani,Emporio Armani,Mani, Hugo Boss, Canali, Ermenegilda Zegna, Andrew Fezza,Valentino. I cannot fit into Armani Exchange Stuff. They are cut too small for me. they don't even have XXL. I'm surprised they fit you. I don't like the skintight look.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:01 AM
IFBB Pro - Sandi Stuart

Juicy? Nah. Totally not worth it. Doesn't hold up in the wash any better than my Mossimo sweats from Target. Also, the fit on the pants IMO really isnt that great for a fitness body type (waist/hip about the same size, legs super long and skinny on the pants).

My BeBe,BCBG, and Cache expensive pants, though? Totally worth the $$$. Have held up really well with dry cleaning and the occasional 'oops' thru the washer/dryer (courtesy of my hubby...LOL).
Old 10-16-2009, 01:32 PM
NPC Bikini Competitor - April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
i am more like vanessa very few thing will i spend big bucks on
purses NEVER hate them find most ugly, only reason i even have on is no pockets for all my shit

I just bought a $10 bra at walmart that fits better and more comfortable then the 50 one i got at VS also got the $5 sweatpants too
Ditto, except for jeans. I splurge but I keep them forever so it's okay
Old 10-16-2009, 02:53 PM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarramedia View Post
Almost all of my casual sportswear stuff are designers. My buttondown shirts, knit shirts, rugby shirts are from Polo Ralph Lauren,Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica, Timberland, Abercrombie and Fitch and a lot of them are at least 10-14 years old. And no one can really tell the difference because they are classic styles not really trendy ones. Most importantly they really last long.

Back when I had a whole lot of suits and sportcoats for work, I wore Giorgio Armani,Emporio Armani,Mani, Hugo Boss, Canali, Ermenegilda Zegna, Andrew Fezza,Valentino. I cannot fit into Armani Exchange Stuff. They are cut too small for me. they don't even have XXL. I'm surprised they fit you. I don't like the skintight look.
Nice!!! All very nice stuff, like the Boss suits but really espensive. Ummm ya well I'll admit to perhaps wearing a shirt or too that was probably too tight for me somewhere along the line! Lol