Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini News & chat about Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:13 AM
Administrator
Jason

Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry
Default Overall Team Universe Winner Michele Pome Disaqualified

I kept this news private for a few weeks now, as no official word was posted anywhere until now.

Quote:
I received official word from the NPC that the original women’s bodybuilding heavyweight class winner and overall winner, Michele Pome has been disqualified from this year’s Team Universe. As a result of this disqualification all competitors move up one placing in the heavyweight class. Unfortunately, there is NO overall winner declared at this contest. This also results in no female bodybuilder being eligible for IFBB Pro status from this contest.
- Isaac Hinds

http://www.hardbody.com/news/2009/11...disaqualified/

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:23 AM
Administrator
Jason

I am disappointed Michele never mentioned to me she was disqualified.

I went through the trouble of starting a thread for her after she complained about not getting any respect..... LINK

I even put her on our banner.

I still see no official word why she was disqualified, but I suppose that is obvious.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:11 AM
Banned

I heard rumors for a few weeks now. A competitor who is no longer with this forum started asking questions and tonight, MPJ has been milking this issue over at RX. He claims the source is Isaac Hinds. It may or may not be true but I won't condemn Michele. I will give her the benefit of the doubt and maybe she will explain what happened. It dose not even say what she was caught with. For all I know it could be cough syrup. Anyway the point is to put this behind her and move on to other regular contests.

Let's all be real here and it is not like she is the only one who could possibly be enhanced..... I will not judge her. I hope the thread is still there. Please keep it. The right thing to do would be to avoid the tabloid-esque sensationalism. Right now we are all speculating on what really went down. the only thing we know is she failed the test.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:26 AM
Nichole

X2 to what Ibarr said.

I figured it out by putting two and two together some time ago, but obviously couldn't be 100% sure until something official came out. I too am disappointed she hasn't been back to say anything, but I don't judge her.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:57 AM
2008 NPC Jr USAs LHW Champ - Lisa Boushard

When shows are marked "drug tested" that is what they mean and I don't understand why people would think that they can slip though the system??
The talk about this show has always been "well, it is drug tested but not drug free" What does this say for our competitors and the shows they pick to compete in??? and we lost a IFBB Pro that could have went to someone legit!!! sad.
I also heard but not official that the overall winner men's division also failed the test to lose his pro card but until something like this comes out we will never know.

Everyone has to follow the rules of these shows or pay the consequences which in this case is embarrassing for the competitor and their families plus gym families they belong to.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:12 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hot4u View Post
When shows are marked "drug tested" that is what they mean and I don't understand why people would think that they can slip though the system??
The talk about this show has always been "well, it is drug tested but not drug free" What does this say for our competitors and the shows they pick to compete in??? and we lost a IFBB Pro that could have went to someone legit!!! sad.
I also heard but not official that the overall winner men's division also failed the test to lose his pro card but until something like this comes out we will never know.

Everyone has to follow the rules of these shows or pay the consequences which in this case is embarrassing for the competitor and their families plus gym families they belong to.

I also do not condem , judge whatever but Lisa has a valid point here .. someone was denied the overall and pro card ...after all thier hard work and prep. I can imagine a few gals have the right to be pissed off right now

I will admit alot of this is still over my head .. ( cough syrup etc ) but the 2 lil shows I did were drug tested pretty much says it all .

I do feel for her .. everyone makes mistakes if she is reading this ... sucks but lesson learned ( ok mom coming out now ) bye

Hydrolyze Ultra sponsored Athletic

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=9480

Old 11-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Photographer - Isaac Hinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarramedia View Post
I heard rumors for a few weeks now. A competitor who is no longer with this forum started asking questions and tonight, MPJ has been milking this issue over at RX. He claims the source is Isaac Hinds. It may or may not be true but I won't condemn Michele. I will give her the benefit of the doubt and maybe she will explain what happened. It dose not even say what she was caught with. For all I know it could be cough syrup. Anyway the point is to put this behind her and move on to other regular contests.
MPJ still comes here and reads things. The only place he's given a platform to spout off at is RX. He's in the dark and knows nothing about the topic other than what he's read online. One thing you can count on is him being clueless. Enough on him.

I received the updated score sheet for the NPC and it stated what I wrote. It's true or I would have stated it as a rumor. What she was caught with, I don't know. I do find it interesting about the thread Sioux pointed out and how there was a cry for no love.
Endorser of Team MuscleTech®
• Bodybuilding.com Photographer of the Year - 2007, 2008 & 2009.
HARDBODY.com
twitter.com/hardbodynews
twitter.com/liftstudios
LIFTstudios on Model Mayhem

Old 11-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Administrator
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarramedia View Post
It may or may not be true but I won't condemn Michele.
Did you not read the quote I posted?.........

I received official word from the NPC that the original women’s bodybuilding heavyweight class winner and overall winner, Michele Pome has been disqualified from this year’s Team Universe.

Quote:
For all I know it could be cough syrup.
Cough syrup?

Old 11-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Administrator
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFTstudios View Post
MPJ still comes here and reads things.
True, in the past he use to email me when a thread here got heated.

And no they were not friendly emails.

Quote:
The only place he's given a platform to spout off at is RX.
RX is now the greatest site on Earth to him.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Dan

Kayde's paperwork from the lab that ran the tests says they were testing for steroids and dieuretics (duh). From what I've been told, it is too expensive to test for specific steroids and they won't do this unless it's at a high level (as in the WADA, the organization that tests the Olympics and also tests the IFBB World Championships). What they would have tested for at Team Universe was an elevated level of testosterone. I don't know this for sure. This is what we were told by a doctor friend who used to be involved in the industry while discussing the previous rumor that is now proven true with him.

Michele was a very nice woman and was so happy at the Overall winners' shoot that Sunday morning. She was excited about Kayde's routine and talking to Kayde about her son, who is interested in martial arts. I imagine this is pretty tough for her and her family, and our hearts go out to her. Still, Kayde and Pam Wentz became close friends while they were in Italy, and this must be disappointing for Pam, Maria, and the new HW winner. It's just a sad situation all around.

"Everyone's an ass. Some you kick. Some you kiss. - Dan Hiss

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream - The Tragically Hip
Old 11-05-2009, 01:55 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kenyatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk30 View Post
Kayde's paperwork from the lab that ran the tests says they were testing for steroids and dieuretics (duh). From what I've been told, it is too expensive to test for specific steroids and they won't do this unless it's at a high level (as in the WADA, the organization that tests the Olympics and also tests the IFBB World Championships). What they would have tested for at Team Universe was an elevated level of testosterone. I don't know this for sure. This is what we were told by a doctor friend who used to be involved in the industry while discussing the previous rumor that is now proven true with him.

Michele was a very nice woman and was so happy at the Overall winners' shoot that Sunday morning. She was excited about Kayde's routine and talking to Kayde about her son, who is interested in martial arts. I imagine this is pretty tough for her and her family, and our hearts go out to her. Still, Kayde and Pam Wentz became close friends while they were in Italy, and this must be disappointing for Pam, Maria, and the new HW winner. It's just a sad situation all around.
I agree, sad situation!!! Honestly, IMO she doesn't owe us an explanation....it would be nice, but of course we can't really expect it. But I'm sure the new winner is feeling some kind of way now b/c the opportunity to get her pro card is now gone. I can only imagine how Michelle must feel....she now has the daunting task of explaining to her son why she isn't a pro. Is she still eligible to compete as an amateur??

My ability takes me to the top. My character is what keeps me there.

***CHECK OUT MY JOURNAL ***

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=1067
Old 11-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Administrator
Jason

I'm not sure of Pam's and Maria's plans, but heavyweight winner Theresa Hendricks is competing at the upcoming Nationals.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Nichole

I do agree that being a tested show, competitors ought to at least make sure they are able to pass the test. Maybe she thought she was OK. Is she the only one at the show this year who had used? I highly doubt it. Were there competitors who had never used? I'm sure of it.

I'm sure it is a tough time for her, and her family. If it were me, I'd feel very embarrassed, and even more terrible for the other competitors. I'm also not thrilled that this type of situation can easily lead to the "All FBBers are on roids" type of stories and assumptions, which is of course not true. It's her decision if she wants to use, and I don't have a problem with it. It's not for everyone. But, we don't really know for sure what triggered her positive results, just that it was.

I really feel like the NPC should have in place some type of policy to handle a situation like this in regards to the awarding of the pro-card however. There are some class winners out there with amazing physiques who put a lot of work into prep, and passed their tests. I don't think it's fair at all to just not award a pro card for FBB. Those pro cards are hard enough to come by as it is! Why not award the class winners if the overall is disqualified. Obviously, they can't put those women back on the stage after the fact and declare a new overall, but there should be something in place to recognize their accomplishments.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:47 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Lisa

IMHO if say there was 3 gals in the overall .. wouldn't the 2nd highest be then the overall winner ??

still they miss out on the whole stage excitment and all !

Hydrolyze Ultra sponsored Athletic

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=9480

Old 11-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Scott

Facebook: vasportsguy
Twitter: vasportsguy

Quote:
Cough syrup?
to ibarrs defense you would be surprised what could turn some of these drug test negative, Olympians have gotten in hot water over ibuprofren.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Trainer - Noel Fuller

I have news for you guys, the Europeans are on drugs, I wish the contest was truly drug free but you know there not, dont condem anyone trying to even up the playing field,most people dont know how to beat the tests but I wouldnt be upset if they tried.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Trainer - Noel Fuller

Its kind of a joke, your drug free and get a pro card, then what? What are you going to do? Your certainly not going to try and compete as a pro drug free.

ps. this is for bodybuilding not figure
Old 11-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Sponsor of Siouxcountry - MichellesMagicMorsels.com
IFBB Pro - Michelle Brent

cases in point, Kia Greene, Lisa Aukland!

Old 11-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Trainer - Noel Fuller

I just saw the girls pics..holy crap she is good
Old 11-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP DIVA View Post
I agree, sad situation!!! Honestly, IMO she doesn't owe us an explanation....it would be nice, but of course we can't really expect it. But I'm sure the new winner is feeling some kind of way now b/c the opportunity to get her pro card is now gone. I can only imagine how Michelle must feel....she now has the daunting task of explaining to her son why she isn't a pro. Is she still eligible to compete as an amateur??
Agreed. My whole point in stating what I said is that I don't want to see this as chance for people to start piling on her. Again, I won't judge and condemn her. We are disappointed that she or a replacement could not go. I just don't want to see her bashed in here. Last I heard ALL Female competitors are protected from negativity and judgement here. Maybe it would have been better to keep this quiet. That way MusclePapaJohn would probably not start his thread at RX.

We cannot be hypocrites and start praising her then later turn on her. She made a mistake and we move on. Other Professioanl athletes in the ball and stick sports have done far worse and have gotten a pass.